Pyrex Simply Store Glass Round Food Container Set with Blue Lids, 6-Piece
Last updated date: September 7, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Glass Cookware Sets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Glass Cookware Set you should buy.
Update as September 10, 2021:
Checkout The Best Glass Cookware Set for a detailed review of all the top glass cookware sets.
In our analysis of 39 expert reviews, the Pyrex Simply Store Glass Round Food Container Set with Blue Lids, 6-Piece placed 13th when we looked at the top 18 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Pyrex Simply Store 6-Piece Glass Round Food Container Set includes 1-cup, 2-cup, and 4-cup round dishes with blue plastic lids. Pyrex glass is dishwasher, refrigerator, microwave, pre-heated oven, and freezer safe; lids are BPA-free and top-rack dishwasher and microwave safe. These dishes come with secure-fitting lids to keep food fresher longer. Pyrex glass is non-porous, so it won’t absorb food odors, flavors, or stains. You can choose from various shapes and sizes, depending on your food storage needs, and they are easily stackable to save kitchen space. Made in the USA and comes with a 2-year limited warranty on the Pyrex glass and plastic lids against manufacturer defect.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Glass Cookware Sets
If you’re in the market for quality kitchen sets that will make preparing, cooking and storing foods a breeze, you’ll love glass cookware sets. Not only are these sets made from a durable glass that resists stains and odors, but they can be used in an oven, refrigerator or freezer.
There are many different glass cookware sets to choose from, so it’s helpful to consider your needs before you shop.
In the event that you do a lot of cooking and baking from home, you’ll want to consider buying measuring cups. This is the best way to accurately follow the measurements on your recipe cards. Some sets have a single 1-cup measuring cup, however, there are other sets that have cups that range from 1-cup for single-serve recipes to 8-cups for big casseroles for a large crowd. When buying a set, check that the cups are stackable, so that they don’t take up too much space in your kitchen cabinet.
After you have top-notch measuring tools, you’ll need bowls to combine your ingredients. See-through bowls are the best option, as you can monitor your progress by looking through the sides of the bowls. Look for a 3-piece mixing bowl set that has 1-qt., 1 1/2-qt. and 2 1/2-qt. bowls that also stack inside of each other for better storage.
Now that your recipe is prepared, you need some to bakeware to cook it in. Your best bet is to find a set that has secure lids for saving leftovers. Since most of the lids tend to be plastic, check that they are BPA-free and non-toxic. The set should also be microwave-safe, as you’re more likely to heat up last night’s meatloaf in the microwave than the stove. The Libbey Baker’s Basic Glass Baking Dish, 3-Piece meets these requirements. It comes with a 1-qt. dish, a 2-qt. dish and a 3.2-qt. dish.
Finally, you’ll need a Pyrex set that can store your leftovers, especially if you opt for a bakeware set that doesn’t have coordinating lids. Again, you’ll want to make sure any plastic pieces are free from toxins. It’s also a good idea to check that the lids have an air-tight seal to prevent the food from going bad. The Pyrex Deep Baking Dish Set, 6-piece has both rectangular containers in a variety of sizes for storing small and large amounts of food.
While traditional sets with clear glass and blue lids are nice, some sets also feature pieces and sets that come in colors and beautiful designs. You’re sure to find a style that fits your kitchen theme.
The Glass Cookware Set Buying Guide
- For the most part, cleaning your glass cookware set is simple. They are all dishwasher safe. If, however, your dishes have burnt foods that are stuck to the dishes, your dishwasher might not be able to get them completely clean. When this happens, you’ll need to combine baking soda and a liquid dish soap. Apply this to the pan and add hot water. After a 15-minute soak, you should be able to wipe the stubborn food away.
- Another option for removing food particles from your glass dishes is to use a melamine foam sponge. The sponge won’t damage the glass, but you will need to scrub with a little pressure to get the bakeware completely clean.
- Never use steel wool or abrasive cleaners on your glass cookware. These can leave scratches in the glass and reduce the length of their usefulness.
- Even though these bowls and dishes are made using a durable glass, they are still susceptible to breaking or chipping. Always handle them with care when moving them from one location to another.
- Don’t put any glass cookware sets in your broiler. They are capable of withstanding high heat, but an open flame can cause the glass to break.
- Never move your glass cookware dish from one extreme temperature to the other. Your set will need time to cool down when coming out of the oven before it can go in the refrigerator. The opposite is also true. If you take leftovers from the freezer, don’t put them in the oven until they have had a chance to reach room temperature first. Otherwise, the glass may break from the sudden change.
- Look for a warranty when buying glass cookware sets. Many of them come with a two-year warranty at no additional cost. This is a nice added layer of protection when investing in quality baking dishes.
- When comparing glass cookware set prices, there are a few things you’ll need to take into consideration. First is the simplicity of the set. Basic models that are made of glass with no designs are going to be cheaper than other comparable sets. Second, you’ll need to take into account the number of pieces in the set. The Libbey Baker’s Basic Glass Baking Dish, 3-Piece will have a different price than the Pyrex Deep Baking Dish Set, 6-piece, which has an additional 3 pieces.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide