Pyrex Simply Store Glass Rectangular & Round Food Container Set, 18-Piece
Last updated date: September 23, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Food Storages For Lunch and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Food Storage For Lunch you should buy.
Clean up is a breeze with the dishwasher-safe Pyrex Glass Food Container Set, 18-Piece. Since the containers are made of glass, they won't retain odors and they don't stain. You can even place them in the freezer when storing leftovers. Ready to eat the leftovers? Simply pop the container in the microwave and you're ready to go. In our analysis of 54 expert reviews, the Pyrex Pyrex Glass Food Container Set, 18-Piece placed 8th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 23, 2020:
Checkout The Best Food Storage For Lunch for a detailed review of all the top food storages for lunch.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Stackable and nestable for easy storage, The Pyrex simply store glass rectangular and round food container set is also easy to clean. Pyrex simply store 18Piece container set includes 1-cup round, 6-cup Rectangle, and 7-cup round, with two (2) each of 2-cup round, 4-cup round, and 3-Cup Rectangle. Lids included for each dish. Each container is made from Pyrex glass which is microwave, dishwasher, preheated oven, and freezer safe; lids are BPA-free, and top rack dishwasher, and microwave safe. Glass and lids are non-porous so they won't absorb Food odors, flavors, or stains. Air tight lid seals are designed to keep your food fresher longer. Containers are easily stackable to save space; Clear glass allows for easy viewing of Contents. Made in the USA, this set comes with a 2-year limited on the Pyrex glass and plastic lids against manufacturer defect.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Food Storages For Lunch
Food storage containers are a must for every home kitchen. Not only do they allow you to pack up your leftovers for another day, but they also give you the ability to prepare a healthy lunch to take to work or school. If you’re searching for the best set of food storage for lunch, keep the following features in mind.
Consider the size and the number of containers in each set first. Couples and small families would do well with the Fullstar Food Storage Containers, Set of 12, which has five different sized containers. Other sets come with as many as 44 containers, which is ideal for larger families and businesses.
Check that the food storage set is free of BPA and other harmful toxins. The C CREST Glass Food Storage For Lunch, 10-Pack meets these criteria and is also constructed of high-quality borosilicate glass.
Review the storage container’s ability to keep a tight seal. This is especially important if you plan on transporting soup and other liquids to work. The OXO Good Grips Leakproof Food Storage For Lunch uses a push-down button for an air-tight seal, so you know without a shadow of a doubt that your food will remain fresh every time.
Determine whether you can heat your meal in the food storage container, or whether you are required to empty the container’s contents onto a plate first. For example, some containers are microwave-safe. Others go a step further and are even safe in the freezer, dishwasher and oven.
DWYM Fun Fact
In order to prevent food-borne illnesses, it’s important that you store food properly. Here are a few food storage guidelines to keep in mind:
- While you’ll want to allow your hot leftovers time to cool off, you should strive to pack and place the leftovers in the refrigerator within two hours.
- Set your refrigerator to 40 degrees Fahrenheit and your freezer to 0 degrees Fahrenheit. Anything warmer and bacteria is likely to grow at a more rapid pace.
- Some foods, like potatoes and garlic, are better stored at room temperature. You’ll need to keep them in a cool dry location, however, as moisture will cause them to rot.
- Always consume your food by the “use by” date on the product packaging. This is true even if the food looks and smells normal.
The Food Storage For Lunch Buying Guide
- Consider using the food storage containers to organize non-food items, such as crayons, screws, small toys and office supplies. A permanent market will allow you to label the containers, whether plastic or glass, so you know what items are inside.
- Check whether the storage containers are stackable or not. This feature saves refrigerator and cabinet space, which is essential if you have a small kitchen.
- Two main factors influence the price of food storage containers: the construction of the containers and the number of containers in each set. The Rubbermaid Food Storage Containers, Set of 7 and the OXO Good Grips Leakproof Food Storage For Lunch are on the lower end of the price scale, as they don’t contain as many pieces. The C CREST Glass Food Storage For Lunch, 10-Pack and the Fullstar Plastic Food Storage For Lunch, Set of 12, have the highest price tag of the bunch.