Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Liquid Measuring Cup
Last updated date: August 28, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Liquid Measuring Cups and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Liquid Measuring Cup you should buy.
In our analysis of 6 expert reviews, the Pyrex Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Liquid Measuring Cup placed 6th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 19, 2020:
Checkout The Best Liquid Measuring Cup for a detailed review of all the top liquid measuring cups.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Non-porous glass won't absorb stains or odors. See-through for easy monitoring
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Liquid Measuring Cups
No kitchen is complete without a quality set of liquid measuring cups. These cups eliminate the need for “eyeballing” wet ingredients, which often leads to a dish that is too runny or too dry. Instead, at-home cooks will be able to follow the recipes of well-known chefs and bakers to produce delicious meals and mouth-watering desserts with ease.
Those who are just starting out may want to go with a liquid measuring cup that is more basic, like the Arrow Home Engraved Graduate Liquid Measuring Cup. This cup offers measurements of both ounces and cups and has a clear plastic construction that allows you to view the ingredient as you pour.
If you do opt for a plastic liquid measuring cup, make sure it’s BPA-free. The OXO Good Grips Angled Liquid Measuring Cup Set fits this bill. It’s also made using a patented angled surface, so you can read the measurements from above. No more bending over while pouring to keep an eye on the measurement markings.
Liquid measuring cups are also sold in other materials, like glass and stainless steel. Models constructed from a high borosilicate glass are ideal for individuals who plan on placing the cup in a microwave or on a stovetop. They are also safe for storing liquids in a refrigerator.
Food-grade stainless steel liquid measuring cups, like the Newness Upgraded Liquid Measuring Cup, are a good buy as well. They are durable and resist rust, stains and strong odors. Stainless steel won’t break when dropped, and as an added bonus, cups made out of this metal are quite attractive.
Consider a set of liquid measuring cups that offers extra features. The KitchenAid Gourmet Liquid Measuring Cups, 3-Piece is one such set. It offers three measuring cups in three different sizes (1-cup, 2-cup and 4-cup) and comes with non-slip handles that are available in a variety of colors. Home cooks will also appreciate that the cups nestle inside each other for better organization, and that they include milliliter measurement markings in addition to cups and fluid ounces.
DWYM Fun Fact
In the past, home cooks used their own methods for measuring liquids. It wasn’t until 1896, when Fannie Farmer created the standardized measuring cup, that households became unified in their measurements. Farmer was the director of the Boston Cooking School and she needed a way for her students to follow the recipes in her cookbook, entitled “The Boston Cooking-School Cook Book.”
Farmer is still remembered today as “the mother of level measurements.” Her book became so popular that it sold an astounding 4 million copies during her lifetime.
The Liquid Measuring Cup Buying Guide
- Although a liquid measuring cup may be listed as dishwasher-safe, it’s a good idea to wash the cup by hand, as the measurement markers won’t remain intact over time after repeatedly being exposed to the high heat and vigorous cleaning process of a dishwasher.
- Liquid measuring cups made from glass are not safe to use in electromagnetic ovens.
- When going with a plastic liquid measuring cup, check to see if the measurement markings have been hot stamped, as this process ensures the markings don’t wear off prematurely.
- Examine the measuring cup’s pour spout before making a purchasing decision. You want to reduce the chance of spills and splashes occurring during the pouring process.
- Even though liquid measuring cups can technically be used to measure dry ingredients, it isn’t recommended, as you won’t be able to level off the dry ingredients like you can with dry measuring cups.
- While liquid measuring cups are specifically designed for use with water, milk, broths and other liquids, they can be used in other ways. Some reviewers report that the cups make excellent scoops for dog and cat food. You can also use them to hold craft supplies, such as buttons, glitter and sequins.
- The overall price for a liquid measuring cup is determined by the cup’s capacity, as well as the number of cups in the set. The Arrow Home Engraved Graduate Liquid Measuring Cup is more basic in design, and therefore comes with the most affordable price tag. You’ll pay a moderate price for the OXO Good Grips Angled Liquid Measuring Cup Set and the Newness Upgraded Liquid Measuring Cup. The KitchenAid Gourmet Liquid Measuring Cups, 3-Piece has the highest price tag, as it includes three specially designed cups.