Pyrex Easy Grab Glass Bakeware and Food Storage Set
Last updated date: October 22, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top 1 Glass Cookware Sets and dug through the reviews from 2 of the most popular review sites including Cookware Stuffs, Best Kitchen Kits and more. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Glass Cookware Set you should buy.
The Pyrex Easy Grab Glass Bakeware and Food Storage Set is BPA-free and non-toxic. After cooking dinner, simply place the secure blue lid over the container to store leftovers safely in the fridge. Once the leftovers are consumed, the containers are easily washed in the dishwasher. In our analysis of 41 expert reviews, the Pyrex Pyrex Easy Grab Glass Bakeware Set placed 4th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note October 22, 2019:
Checkout The Best Glass Cookware Set for a detailed review of all the top glass cookware sets.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Pyrex glass is made in the USA and come with a 2-year limited warranty against manufacturer defect
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Glass Cookware Sets
If you’re in the market for quality kitchen sets that will make preparing, cooking and storing foods a breeze, you’ll love glass cookware sets. Not only are these sets made from a durable glass that resists stains and odors, but they can be used in an oven, refrigerator or freezer.
There are many different glass cookware sets to choose from, so it’s helpful to consider your needs before you shop.
In the event that you do a lot of cooking and baking from home, you’ll want to consider buying measuring cups. This is the best way to accurately follow the measurements on your recipe cards. The Pyrex 4-Piece Glass Measuring Cup Set has measuring cups that range from 1-cup to 8-cups for single-serve recipes and big casseroles for a large crowd. When buying a set, check that the cups are stackable, so that they don’t take up too much space in your kitchen cabinet.
After you have top-notch measuring tools, you’ll need bowls to combine your ingredients. See-through bowls are the best option, as you can monitor your progress by looking through the sides of the bowls. The Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece) has 1-qt., 1 1/2-qt. and 2 1/2-qt. bowls that also stack inside of each other for better storage.
Now that your recipe is prepared, you need some to bakeware to cook it in. Your best bet is to find a set that has secure lids for saving leftovers. Since most of the lids tend to be plastic, check that they are BPA-free and non-toxic. The set should also be microwave-safe, as you’re more likely to heat up last night’s meatloaf in the microwave than the stove. The Pyrex Easy Grab Glass Bakeware Set meets these requirements. It comes with a 3-qt. dish, an 8-in. dish and two 1-cup storage dishes.
Finally, you’ll need a Pyrex set that can store your leftovers, especially if you opt for a bakeware set that doesn’t have coordinating lids. Again, you’ll want to make sure any plastic pieces are free from toxins. It’s also a good idea to check that the lids have an air-tight seal to prevent the food from going bad. The Pyrex Simply Store 18-pc Glass Container Set has both round and rectangular containers in a variety of sizes for storing small and large amounts of food.
While traditional sets with clear glass and blue lids are nice, some sets also feature pieces and sets that come in colors and beautiful designs. You’re sure to find a style that fits your kitchen theme.
DYWM Fun Fact
- It was just 11 years ago that Pyrex celebrated their 100 year anniversary. This nonporous glass was first created out of a need to keep railroad lanterns covered. The glass that was in use broke easily when temperatures reached the extremes and rough weather made an appearance.
- Corning Glass Works was able to design a glass that wouldn’t break in the heat or the cold. The company first named the glass Nonex. Just a few short years later, the glass was referred to as Pyrex and was being used to create housewares items, like pie plates and baking dishes.
- During World War II, Corning produced colored glass bakeware for the military. Once these colored pieces were available to the public, they quickly become popular. As a result, the company began making a host of different patterned products in a variety of sizes. Today, over 50 million Pyrex items are made each year out of a factory in Charleroi, Pennsylvania. The only difference is that Corning Glass Works no longer owns Pyrex, as they sold the brand to World Kitchen.
- One final interesting fact is that the Charleroi factory takes old broken Pyrex glass, mixes it with pre-tempered glass and creates beautiful new Pyrex pieces.
The Glass Cookware Set Buying Guide
- For the most part, cleaning your glass cookware set is simple. They are all dishwasher safe. If, however, your dishes have burnt foods that are stuck to the dishes, your dishwasher might not be able to get them completely clean. When this happens, you’ll need to combine baking soda and a liquid dish soap. Apply this to the pan and add hot water. After a 15-minute soak, you should be able to wipe the stubborn food away.
- Another option for removing food particles from your glass dishes is to use a melamine foam sponge. The sponge won’t damage the glass, but you will need to scrub with a little pressure to get the bakeware completely clean.
- Never use steel wool or abrasive cleaners on your glass cookware. These can leave scratches in the glass and reduce the length of their usefulness.
- Even though these bowls and dishes are made using a durable glass, they are still susceptible to breaking or chipping. Always handle them with care when moving them from one location to another.
- Don’t put any glass cookware sets in your broiler. They are capable of withstanding high heat, but an open flame can cause the glass to break.
- Never move your glass cookware dish from one extreme temperature to the other. Your set will need time to cool down when coming out of the oven before it can go in the refrigerator. The opposite is also true. If you take leftovers from the freezer, don’t put them in the oven until they have had a chance to reach room temperature first. Otherwise, the glass may break from the sudden change.
- Look for a warranty when buying glass cookware sets. Many of them come with a two-year warranty at no additional cost. This is a nice added layer of protection when investing in quality baking dishes.
- When comparing glass cookware set prices, there are a few things you’ll need to take into consideration. First is the simplicity of the set. While the Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece) and the Pyrex Easy Grab Glass Bakeware Set are both made of glass with no designs, the bowls are going to be cheaper as the bakeware set comes with secure lids. Second, you’ll need to take into account the number of pieces in the set. The Pyrex 4-Piece Glass Measuring Cup Set will have a different price than the Pyrex Simply Store 18-pc Glass Container Set, which has an additional 14 pieces.