Pykal Thermal Coffee Server, 68-Oz
Last updated date: December 13, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top 1 Coffee Servers and dug through the reviews from 17 of the most popular review sites including Kitchen Picker, Full Moon Cafe, The Z8, Space Mazing, Koobie's Coffee, Review Meta, Heavy, Why Not Coffee, Top 10 Best Today, Best-24, AG Ferrari, Top Ten Review, Coffee Gear X, Food Shark Marfa, The Mommy Daily, Top Off My Coffee Please and more. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Coffee Server you should buy.
Since the Pykal Thermal Coffee Server, 68-Oz was tested by a CNAS accredited lab, you can feel confident that it has been proven to hold heat for up to 24 hours. The ergonomic handle has a button at the top for opening the no-spill spout. This allows you to pour drinks with just one hand. With each purchase comes a complimentary cleaning brush and a two-year warranty. In our analysis of 116 expert reviews, the Pykal Pykal Thermal Coffee Server, 68-Oz placed 4th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note December 13, 2019:
Checkout The Best Coffee Server for a detailed review of all the top coffee servers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
✅ Pykal’s Thermal Coffee carafe holds 2 liters(68 oz) and great for serving hot or cold beverages. ✅ This ultramodern sleek design adds style and grace to your kitchen. It comes in 2 colors - Silver and Gold. You are purchasing the SILVER one in this listing; ✅ The solid double-wall stainless steel construction and insulation ensures that the heat doesn't escape the carafe whilst keeping the outside cool and easy to touch/hold. ✅ The stainless steel surface is very easy to clean with hot water only but to aid in thorough cleaning included is a PREMIUM-GRADE Cleaning brush which helps you get the carafe sparkling clean. ✅ Perfect for the family, a dinner party or office. Simply fill the flask with your favorite beverage, hot or cold, serve and enjoy! ✅ Ideal use - as a tea/coffee thermos, milk carafe, creamer carafe, juice, wine, water pitcher. Important Notes: ❌ DO NOT put the Carafe in the dishwasher or submerge it in the sink as this will allow water to penetrate through the inner and outer cylinders and damage the insulation. ❌The top of your carafe has been mechanically sealed to provide for better insulation results and as such is not detachable. Be Surprised by our Quality • When you are purchasing this carafe, you are purchasing Quality. Each carafe has been tested by Pykal QC team, but if you still happen to have any issue, we are here to assist you and look forward to putting a SMILE on your face. THERMAL RETENTION – TESTED IN AN ACCREDITED LABORATORY ✅ Hot Insulation Test temperatures of 12H≥160℉(71°C), 24H≥140℉(60°C) as per LAB tests done at room temperature with starting temperature of water recorded at 203℉ (95°C) and Carafe being 95% full * (Important - Read the 3 steps below) ✅ Cold beverages stay cold for well over 24 hours. * To achieve the Best Thermal Performance, you must follow these 3 steps (we also call them laws of PHYSICS) - 1. PREHEAT the Carafe by pouring a few cups of boiling hot water in the carafe and leaving it there for 10 mins. 2. POUR beverage as hot as you possibly can. The hotter the beverage, the longer it is going to stay hot. 3. Start out with carafe being 90-95% FULL. As the beverage levels drops in the carafe, the heat dissipates to the upper levels of the carafe and somewhat absorbed by the stainless steel wall; This is due to PHYSICS. Hence at only 15-20% full coffee will not stay steaming hot for much longer unless the carafe is topped up. This is common with Thermal Carafes. INVEST IN YOUR HEALTH, NOT IN PLASTIC PYKAL CARAFE ✅ The inside lip that makes contact with drink is BPA Free Silicon which is Food grade. ✅ Yes, our handle and lid is made of solid metal and not plastic. OTHER CARAFES ❌ PLASTIC makes contact with your drink. This is common in rotating style lids ❌ Use a plastic handle and lid that is easy to break or get RUST POURING IS EASY Step 1 - Push button to open the lid To open carafe, push the button and the lid pops out. It is important to note the position of the thumb. Step 2 - Pouring is Easy To pour make sure the thumb position is like shown in picture. Now control the flow by applying or releasing pressure on the lid/push button. After practicing 3-4 times, you will become perfect. We have "instruction videos" available to assist you if needed
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Coffee Servers
Instead of making multiple pots of coffee throughout the day to accommodate the number of people in your office, use a coffee server. Coffee servers not only hold a large number of cups of coffee, but they are also able to keep the coffee hot and fresh all day long. They work great for any type of large gathering, including a book club, support group, bingo night or anniversary party.
As you begin your search for the best coffee server, look for models made from 18/8 stainless steel, as this material is not only durable but also does not absorb flavors. That means you can serve hazelnut coffee one day and vanilla the next. Stainless steel is also resistant to stains, which coffee is known to cause.
Check the coffee server’s insulation next. The Cresimo Thermal Coffee Server, 68-Oz uses vacuum insulation technology to keep coffee and tea hot for up to 12 hours and ice tea and juice cold for up to 24 hours. It also has a double-wall interior lining to keep the internal temperature hot, but the exterior temperature nice and cool. Some German-engineered models can preserve the temperature of hot beverages for as long as 24 hours, which is only necessary if you have a long-running event, such as a lock-in or a dance-off.
Examine the lid and spout to determine how they operate. The Vondior Coffee Server, 102-Oz has a wide mouth for adding ice to cold beverages and a pump-action top that works with just one press. Other models have a two-way dispenser so that users can either fill their entire mug or top off a mug that still has some coffee in it. Some units even have a safety lock to prevent spills that could lead to a harmful burn.
Look at the coffee server’s handle to ensure it’s comfortable to hold. The Pykal Thermal Coffee Server, 68-Oz has an ergonomic handle that is made of chrome. Not only does it making pouring the coffee a breeze, but it’s also heat-proof. Even though the contents of the server are hot, the handle won’t be.
Consider any extras the coffee server may offer. With the Hamilton Beach Coffee Server, 48-Cup, you’ll get a free cleaning brush, an indicator light that lets you know when the coffee has reached its intended temperature and internal water levels marking to guide you in properly filling the server to accommodate the number of people you are expecting at your event.
DYWM Fun Fact
It is believed that back in 800 A.D. a tribe of goats ate fruit from a Coffea plant. Those tending to the goats noticed that the animals started to behave strangely. This led to a local man creating the first cup of coffee from the plant and discovering its ability to keep a person awake.
Here are a few more interesting facts about this popular beverage:
- Sweden actually banned coffee for a time back in 1746.
- Residents of New York drink more coffee than anyone else in America.
- Brazil produces a third of the world’s coffee supply.
- Instant coffee was first created in England in 1771 but didn’t make an appearance in America until 1910.
- The Guinness World Record for biggest coffee serving was awarded in 2019 in Colombia for a cup that held 6,007 gallons of coffee.
The Coffee Server Buying Guide
- Consider going with a coffee server that has a warranty. Many offer a 1- or 2-year warranty, as they believe in the quality of their product.
- Check for any outside testings, awards or acknowledgments. You may find that a coffee server has been tested by an accredited lab and found to live up to its claims about its ability to retain heat. That information can help you come to a decision when you’re wavering between two or three models.
- Read the product label to determine how long the server takes to fully heat up. Some may take as long as 40 minutes to get the coffee to your desired temperature.
- While coffee does come with some nutritional benefits, drinkers must be careful about how much coffee they consume in a day. One can suffer a caffeine overdose if they have too much.
- You’ll need to clean your coffee server after each use. You’ll need to do this by hand. Once you rinse out any remaining coffee, add warm water and a drip of an anti-grease dish detergent. Use a cleaning brush to reach all the areas within the server and then rinse clean. You can dry the server with a lint-free cloth or allow it to air dry before the next use.
- When comparing coffee server prices, you must first look at how many ounces the unit holds. The Cresimo Thermal Coffee Server, 68-Oz, for example, costs less than the Vondior Coffee Server, 102-Oz, as it holds 34 fewer ounces. Next, you’ll need to compare features. The Hamilton Beach Coffee Server, 48-Cup is higher in price than the Pykal Thermal Coffee Server, 68-Oz because it has an indicator light and a 2-way dispenser.