Purple Ladybug Non-Toxic Wax Craft Sticks
Last updated date: August 19, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as August 19, 2022:
Checkout The Best Waxed Yarn Sticks for a detailed review of all the top .
With 300 sticks in two different lengths and 15 colors, this pack offers plenty of variety. Half the sticks are 6 inches long, while the other half are 12 inches, with each stick being both nontoxic and bendable. The wax is food grade so you can rest assured that kids ages 3 and up can play safely.
In our analysis, the Purple Ladybug Purple Ladybug Non-Toxic Wax Craft Sticks placed 1st when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
AWESOME NO-MESS CRAFT! Kids Wax Craft Sticks are made out of brightly colored yarn and wax. These fun bendable craft sticks are perfect as non-toxic kids art supplies! INCREDIBLE VALUE! Get 300 sticks in total in two different lengths: 10 sticks in 15 colors each at 6″ long and another 10 sticks in 15 colors at 12″ long – excellent variety means so many options for creativity! MAKES AN OUTSTANDING GIFT FOR KIDS! Comes in gift-ready packaging. Be proud to give this as a present! The attractive box is ready for wrapping and giving! Wonderful as travel games, airplane games, car games, travel toys, kids party favors, occupational therapy toys, school supplies, birthday presents, Christmas stocking stuffers, Easter basket stuffers and more! HOW THEY WORK: Wax Kids Craft Sticks stick to themselves. Kids can build them into 3D creations or lay them flat to create 2D artwork. Sculpt them, shape them, stick them, form them… if you make a mistake, they pull apart easily. Cut them to any length and let your kids creativity run wild. Share them as goodie bag fillers or bring them as road trip activities for kids — so many easy possibilities to keep kids occupied with no preparation before, or mess afterwards! Compare to Wikki Stix
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
Craft projects have long been a way to keep kids occupied while also helping them develop creative skills. But many of the classic popular craft projects can tend to be messy, forcing parents to supervise at all times. They’re also tough to take on the go with you since you probably don’t want your children to make a mess in your car or wherever you’re staying.
Wax craft sticks are a great, mess-free alternative to popsicle sticks and glue. Made with a combination of yarn and nontoxic wax, these sticks can be bent into a variety of shapes to create fun, unique art projects. Many of them have a stickiness to them, which means you can attach them to paper or other wax sticks to create 3-D projects.
Due to their wax build, these wax yarn sticks typically become more pliable when they’re warm. Simply press the stick between your hands to warm them up, then start working with them. Kids will find, over time, that they’re warming up the sticks without even giving it much thought.
One of the best things about wax sticks is that they can be used over and over. If you make a mistake in your design, you just pull them apart and start over. Over time, you may find the sticks pick up dirt from your hands and the surfaces they’re set on, leading to a need to replace them. They don’t wash easily.
Wax sticks can be great for goody bags and other gifts. They’re small and compact and easy to slip into a gift bag. If you’re having a sleepover or birthday party, you can also use them as a fun group activity. Give everyone a bundle and let them get started creating. That portability also means you can keep a pack in your handbag or tote to bring out whenever kids need something to do while you’re traveling or waiting for your food in a restaurant.
The Buying Guide
- Wax yarn sticks don’t just help children refine their creative skills. They’ve also been shown to assist with developing motor skills and learning. Children with sensory processing issues may find the process of creating with the sticks helps with focus and learning.
- Although wax sticks are safer than many other types of toys, it’s still important to keep an eye on kids while they’re playing with them. Wax sticks aren’t recommended for kids under the age of 3 because they pose a choking hazard, so keep that in mind even for kids over the age of 3.
- Pay close attention to the type of wax used in your wax sticks. Typically, you’ll find they’re nontoxic, but food-grade wax, similar to that use in chewing gum, is ideal.
- Wax yarn sticks come in a variety of lengths, but you can easily cut them to whatever length you need.
- Wax sticks are packaged as bundles, available in fixed amounts. If you’ll be handing them out as gifts to kids, though, look for a way to package them up separately if they don’t come that way.
- The fact that wax sticks are reusable means you’ll need a way to store them between uses. You can use a plastic bag, but you may want to invest in a small box or vinyl bag for storage.
- Some wax sticks come with ideas for projects. These may be printed on the packaging or contained in an enclosed booklet. Even if you don’t get that bonus, you can find great ideas online.
- You aren’t limited to the wax sticks themselves when it comes to the crafts you can create. With a little construction paper, your little ones can make decorative masks. They can also decorate a gift box, make books, decorate rocks and seashells and much more.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide