Puriya Wonder Balm Antifungal Cream Ointment
Last updated date: August 12, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Antifungal Creams and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Antifungal Cream you should buy.
Editor's Note August 13, 2019:
Checkout The Best Antifungal Cream for a detailed review of all the top antifungal creams.
In our analysis of 44 expert reviews, the Puriya Puriya Wonder Balm Antifungal Cream Ointment placed 7th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Puriya Wonder Balm is carefully formulated with potent anti-fungal and anti-microbial ingredients which have proven properties that combat common and stubborn foot, body and facial skin conditions. It is an ideal aid for itchy, dry, cracked, scaly, inflamed or painful skin. Excellent for people who are active in martial arts, weightlifting, running, cycling, or have teens who play sports. Puriya Wonder Balm is a necessity for every household!
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Antifungal Creams
Fungi are some of the most resilient organisms in the world and can live in the air, soil and water. Unfortunately, harmful fungi can also live on the human body and cause some common infections. Left untreated, these infections can often worsen and remain for a prolonged period of time. The good news is there are currently a variety of different products available to help combat these unwanted intruders.
The most common types of fungal infections are tinea pedis (commonly known as athlete’s foot), tinea corporis (ringworm of the body) and tinea cruris (jock itch). Yeast infections caused by the Candida fungi are also common. Regardless of where on the body a particular fungal infection might flare up, the symptoms are generally very similar. Redness, burning and cracking of the skin, intense itching and inflamed rashes can all signal an infection.
Fungi grow best in warm, damp environments; therefore, it’s important to keep infected areas as dry as possible to help combat fungi and prevent reoccurrence. This can be a challenge though, especially for those with an active lifestyle. If this is a concern, take a look at Triple Paste’s AF Antifungal Nitrate Medicated Ointment. Their waterproof formula helps the cream to stay in place and prevents sweat from dissolving it, which can be a big help if you want to apply it before a workout.
Also be aware that certain medications can be more effective for treating particular types of fungi. For example, studies have shown that terbinafine is highly effective for treating athlete’s foot. Lamisil’s AT Cream was specifically designed to treat athlete’s foot by including terbinafine as an active ingredient.
Doctors recommend that you wash and clean areas affected by fungal infections regularly. Some products, like Purely Northwest’s Antifungal Tea Tree Oil Bodywash, tap into the power of natural ingredients that can help soothe skin. Used in conjunction with topical creams, this body wash can provide an extra level of defense against the infection.
Make sure to avoid tight-fitting socks and footwear, wash regularly, keep the affected area as dry as possible and use sandals in communal areas such as gym showers and locker rooms.
One last point: don’t let the infection stress you out! Stress can negatively impact your immune system, which you’ll want at full force. With the help of effective topical treatments and some preventative measures, most fungal skin infections can be cured fairly quickly.
The Antifungal Cream Buying Guide
- Have you been on a prescribed course of antibiotics lately? Antibiotics can sometimes produce the unwanted result of wiping out certain beneficial bacteria in your system. These bacteria help keep your system in balance and can prevent the spread of unwanted organisms like fungi. If you are currently taking antibiotics and you’ve recently developed a fungal infection, talk to your doctor about possible changes in medication.
- Diaper rash is often caused by a fungal infection and can be treated effectively and safely using clotrimazole. This is the active ingredient in Globe Clotrimazole Antifungal Cream, Family Care Clotrimazole Anti Fungal Cream and Lotrimin AF Ringworm Cream.
- The fungus that causes ringworm is highly contagious, so be careful with items such as towels, clothes or hair brushes. If, for example, a brush was used when scalp ringworm was still active, it could cause a new breakout. During the course of treating a fungal infection, it’s best not to reuse such items without sterilizing and cleaning them first.
- In addition to keeping the above items clean, it’s a smart idea to clean areas like bathtubs, showers, bathroom floors, sinks and counters with a solution of chlorine bleach and water. Chlorine bleach is a disinfectant that kills mold. This will again lessen the chance for reoccurrence of an infection, which is the ultimate goal.
- Clip toenails short to prevent possible infection, but not too short. A good rule of thumb (or toe in this case) is to cut the nail straight across so the edge reaches the tip of your toe.
- Be careful to read the ingredients list on any lotion or cream to check for potential allergens. If you are unsure which topical medicine is right for you, ask your pharmacist for advice.
- The chance for contracting a fungal infection increases as the temperature rises. Fungi grow more rapidly in warmer environments, so make sure to limit the amount of time spent lounging in wet bathing suits or workout clothes.
- If you are looking for an all-natural balm for treatment, check out FineVine’s Super Balm and Puriya’s Antifungal Cream Ointment. Both of these products offer ingredients such as tea tree oil, eucalyptus oil and lavender oil. These all-natural products can also be excellent options for ongoing skin care routines.
- Consider eating certain foods that can be effective in boosting your immune system. Fresh fruits, leafy green vegetables, garlic and turmeric are just a few of the foods that have been shown to give us an immune boost. A glass of cranberry juice per day or a solution of apple cider vinegar and water can also help due to their natural anti-fungal properties.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide