Purity Tempered Glass Screen Protector, iPhone 8 & 7
Last updated date: November 9, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top iPhone Screen Protectors and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best iPhone Screen Protector you should buy.
Update as September 14, 2021:
Checkout The Best iPhone Screen Protector for a detailed review of all the top iphone screen protectors.
In our analysis of 84 expert reviews, the Purity Tempered Glass Screen Protector, iPhone 8 & 7 placed 7th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Purity iPhone 8/ iPhone 7 Screen Protector Purity iPhone 7 purity iphone 8 purity iphone 7 TRANSPARENT HD CLARITY Transparent screen gives a clearer, HD viewing experience. APPLY WITH CASE ON Open space around the tempered glass ensures installation with slim cases. (Case not included). 3D TOUCH COMPATIBILITY With Apple design guidelines in mind, this screen protector is fully compatible with 3D Touch technology for iPhone. Purity iPhone 8/7
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On IPhone Screen Protectors
If you’ve priced iPhones recently, you likely know how expensive they are. You can buy the insurance, but that will only help you if your phone suffers serious damage — or you lose it altogether. To protect against everyday wear like scratches and dings, a screen protector is a must.
Screen protectors have evolved considerably since their early days. Those initial versions were made of film, making them tough to apply and only providing marginal protection. Newer screen protectors are glass-based, providing a second layer of glass that preserves the brightness and clarity of your screen while maximizing protection. The best glass protectors can even hold your screen together if you drop your phone.
For best results, look for a screen protector that promises 9H hardness. This indicator means the glass rates a 9 on the Mohs hardness scale. The scale only goes to 10, so this is a confidence-boosting rating. Some screen protectors also advertise that they use self-healing glass, meaning that if you do manage to scratch them up, those scratches will eventually fade.
While shopping for a new screen protector, don’t forget to check compatibility. Your own protector won’t help much if it isn’t properly sized to fit your screen. For iPhones, you’ll find many work with older iPhones 8, 7, 6S and 6. If you have an X or Xs, though, you’ll need to look for a screen protector specific to those models.
One issue that draws complaints about screen protectors is that they don’t extend all the way to the edge. There are two major reasons for that. One is that at the edge, the protector could be more susceptible to wear over time, causing the edges to begin to curl up. But perhaps the biggest reason is that manufacturers assume you’ll be using a case in addition to the protector. They need to make room for your case to cover at least a small portion of the edge of the front of your screen, so the protector stops before a case would typically begin.
The IPhone Screen Protector Buying Guide
- As important as it is to protect your screen, you won’t want it to get in the way of the experience of interacting with your screen. Look for a protector that offers 99.9 percent transparency and high responsiveness. Many glass screen protectors include oleophobic coating, which makes your protector feel very similar to the screen below it.
- Older screen protectors also made installation difficult. You had to be very careful while you were applying or you’d end up with unsightly air bubbles. Although it’s still important to make sure your screen is squeaky clean and clear of debris before you attach your screen protector, glass protectors are much more forgiving. You’ll probably also find your protector includes installation tools like a cloth and a guide.
- When it comes down to it, though, the true test of a screen protector is whether or not it actually works. When an iPhone protector’s glass features 9H hardness, you usually won’t have to worry about scratches for the most part. However, if you drop your phone, the screen can still crack. In some cases, though, the glass will keep your screen completely intact during a drop and, if not, will at the very least hold the screen in place until you can get it replaced.
- Another consideration when looking at screen protectors is how well they reduce smudges and fingerprints. Many glass-based screen protectors have an oleophobic coating that keeps your screen looking clean throughout the day.
- Extremely thick screen protectors make it obvious you have one in place. Look for an ultra-slim screen protector — ideally one that is 0.3mm thick or less. You’ll not only get a more seamless look, but it’s also more likely to be responsive to your taps.
- Most screen protectors are fairly affordable but consider what you’re getting in the package. While you may only need one screen protector to last the entire time you own your phone, having an extra in the package means if you have a misstep when you’re installing it, you’ll have a backup.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide