Puritan’s Pride Antioxidant Soft Gel Acai, 120-Count
Last updated date: December 21, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Acai and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Acai you should buy.
Update as December 21, 2022:
Checkout The Best Acai for a detailed review of all the top acai.
This acai soft gel packs 1500 milligrams of acai concentrate into each capsule. The capsules follow third-party testing for purity and have no artificial flavors or sweeteners. They're also free of gluten, sodium and fish, although they do include soybean oil.
In our analysis of 34 expert reviews, the Puritan's Pride Antioxidant Soft Gel Acai, 120-Count placed 4th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Unlock an exotic fountain of health and vitality with Acai! This Brazilian superfood is valued as a tonic for overall well-being. Now enjoy what the lush forest has produced in a super-concentrated formula that delivers three times the potency of most other Acai products on the market today. Contains 3000 mg. Acai per serving (two softgels). Acai contains natural flavonoids and antioxidants that help protect the body from cell damaging free radicals Free radicals are produced by stress, pollution and the natural aging process. Antioxidants are an important line of defense against these rogue atoms These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Acai
Acai berries have become popular health supplements in recent years. Known as a superfood, these berries are rich in antioxidants, fiber, heart-healthy fats and calcium. Each of these nutrients is a great addition to your daily diet for a variety of reasons, including:
- Antioxidants—When the body processes food, cells produce substances known as free radicals. But in some instances, the body can’t remove them efficiently, and this leads to something called oxidative stress. Some studies have linked oxidative stress to issues like heart disease, cancer and arthritis, among other health problems.
- Fiber—You probably already know that fiber in your diet helps keep you regular, but that isn’t the only It also feeds gut bacteria, helping keep your digestive tract healthy.
- Heart-healthy fats—Heart disease is a leading killer. Both monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats are known as “good fats” and help reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Calcium—Calcium is one of the most important nutrients you can incorporate into your diet. Not only does it help your hair and nails grow, but it also boosts the release of hormones and strengthens your bones and teeth.
Before you add acai berry to your diet, though, you need to pay close attention to the fruit’s negative side. The primary warning comes from a chemical found in acai berry called theobromine, which is found in chocolate and tea plant leaves. Theobromine can cause side effects in some people, including insomnia, restlessness, headaches and gastrointestinal upset.
As with any food item, there is also the possibility you might be allergic to acai berry. Watch carefully for any signs of a reaction when you first try acai berry. Those undergoing cancer treatments are also warned that acai berry can interfere with chemotherapy, so if you’re going through this type of treatment, set them aside until you’re finished.
The Acai Buying Guide
- There are multiple ways you can get acai berries into your diet on a regular basis. You can buy juices or bowls that already have them mixed in, or you can buy the powder and mix it in with your favorite foods.
- In powder form, acai berry can be easily added to smoothies, oatmeal, yogurt or any other food you want to try with it.
- You can also buy acai berry in capsule form. This comes in handy if you don’t want to make a meal out of it.
- Most acai berry powders prioritize safe ingredients. You can find powders that are organic, vegan, non-GMO and gluten-free. If you have food allergies, make sure your chosen powder not only doesn’t include irritants but that it isn’t manufactured in a factory that has those products. This applies to capsules, as well.
- It isn’t enough for a supplement manufacturer to merely state on its packaging that it’s safe and natural. Make sure this has been verified by a valid third party.
- Another claim to watch out for is the statement that a capsule provides a higher concentration of acai berry than you’d get with typical options. Unless they’re fully disclosing what their concentrate is, it’s tough to substantiate that claim.
- For the capsule option, in addition to looking for the usual safe ingredients, look for capsules that are vegetarian if you’re following a special diet.
- Capsules can sometimes have a taste. A tasteless option will likely be more palatable for something you’ll be taking every day.
- Freshness can be an issue with powders. Make sure you’re ordering a powder that comes in a resealable package. If not, set plans ahead of time to transfer the powder to packaging that will help keep it fresh. Freeze-dried acai berries can create a powder that will stay fresh even after being stored a while.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide