Pureology Refresh And Go Dry Shampoo 1.6-Ounce
Last updated date: April 30, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Color Protect Dry Shampoos and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Color Protect Dry Shampoo you should buy.
Add texture to your hair while protecting its color when you opt for the Pureology Refresh And Go Dry Shampoo 1.6-Ounce. This dry shampoo absorbs oils without drying your hair out. Since the shampoo's formula contains all vegan ingredients, it's also a great choice for anyone following that lifestyle. In our analysis of 12 expert reviews, the Pureology Pureology Refresh And Go Dry Shampoo 1.6-Ounce placed 5th when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note April 30, 2020:
Checkout The Best Color Protect Dry Shampoo for a detailed review of all the top color protect dry shampoos.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Pureology's Refresh & Go Dry Shampoo is a non-drying, oil-absorbing dry shampoo perfect for achieving effortless style on the second day and beyond. The formula features Rice Starch to absorb oil while adding texture.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Color Protect Dry Shampoos
Experts agree that washing your hair with water and shampoo too frequently can cause hair to dry out. Dry shampoos are a great alternative for the days in between your washings. Additionally, dry shampoos provide a way to clean hair when it isn’t possible to shower, such as during a camping trip or a hospital stay. If your hair is color-treated, you’ll need to look for a color protect dry shampoo.
When shopping for a color protect dry shampoo, you’ll want to make sure the formula is free of certain ingredients that are known to cause dryness and irritation. These harsh ingredients include sulfates, parabens and artificial fragrances. The ColorProof FreshStart Soft Dry Shampoo, 5.1-Ounce goes a step further with its vegan formula that is also certified by PETA to be cruelty-free.
Next, you need to examine the color protect dry shampoo for ingredients that will preserve your color. For example, the Goldwell Kerasilk Color Dry Shampoo, 4.2-Ounce contains keratin and tamanu to keep your hair color vibrant and attractive. It also preserves color depth, which you may not find in other brands.
If you’re searching for a color protect dry shampoo that does more than just cleanse and volumize hair, go with a formula that adds back essential nutrients. The Osensia Argan Oil Dry Shampoo, 7-Ounce offers this extra benefit. It’s made with Moroccan argan oil, which is loaded with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants to keep your hair healthy and looking its best.
While most color-protect dry shampoos do a great job of absorbing excess oils, they aren’t all formulated to get rid of unpleasant odors. If your hair smells a bit after working out at the gym or spending time in the great outdoors, you’ll want to consider a product like the Hair Food Color Protect Dry Shampoo, 2-Pack. This dry shampoo absorbs old odors and replaces them with the sweet smell of white nectarine and pear. If a fruit fragrance isn’t what you’re looking for, there are other dry shampoos on the market that use floral notes instead.
DWYM Fun Fact
Surprisingly, dry shampoo has been around for quite a long time. Residents of Asia used a dry shampoo made from clay powder during the 15th century. Fast forward to the 18th century and you’ll discover both wealthy Americans and British citizens regularly bought a hair powder to clean their wigs.
The first commercially produced dry shampoo didn’t make its way to the market until the 1940s. It was called Minipoo and was marketed toward women. The product used Fuller’s earth and talc to absorb excess oils. Today, most dry shampoos are formulated with rice or corn starch.
The Color Protect Dry Shampoo Buying Guide
- Don’t attempt to use your color protect dry shampoo on damp or wet hair. The ingredients are designed to work on dry hair only.
- When applying the dry shampoo, you’ll want to hold the can about 6 inches away from your hair. Begin spraying at the roots and work your way down to the tips. You can either massage the spray through your hair with your fingers or use a brush to work the shampoo in.
- The ingredients within the aerosol dry shampoo are flammable. Never smoke near the container and keep it away from temperatures of 120 degrees Fahrenheit and above. It’s best to store the shampoo in a cool dry location that is out of the reach of small children.
- The contents of your dry shampoo may be harmful if inhaled or ingested. It is best to always follow the directions on the product label to ensure you are using it safely.
- Keep an eye out for companies that offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Some will even provide a refund upon request without any questions asked, which means you won’t have to jump through hoops to get your money back if the product arrives damaged or doesn’t perform as promised.
- Color-protect dry shampoo is sometimes sold in multi-packs. The product is also available in different sizes, which means you’ll need to determine how much you’re paying per ounce before you can compare prices. The Hair Food Color Protect Dry Shampoo, 2-Pack and the Osensia Argan Oil Dry Shampoo, 7-Ounce are among the most affordable dry shampoos on the market. You’ll pay a little more for the Goldwell Kerasilk Color Dry Shampoo, 4.2-Ounce. The ColorProof FreshStart Soft Dry Shampoo, 5.1-Ounce commands the highest price among the bunch.