Pure Protein On-The-Go Post Workout Bars, 12-Count
Last updated date: January 6, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Pure Protein Bars (Specific Brand) and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Pure Protein Bar (Specific Brand) you should buy.
Update as January 6, 2023:
Checkout The Best Pure Protein Bars for a detailed review of all the top pure protein bars (specific brand).
You won't find any gluten in these low-sugar Pure Protein bars. They're made to keep you fueled, whether that's after a workout in the gym or before heading off to work or school. What you'll love most about these bars is their chocolatey mint flavor.
In our analysis, the Pure Protein Pure Protein On-The-Go Post Workout Bars, 12-Count placed 2nd when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Pure Protein Chocolate Mint Cookie Bars are delicious, high-protein snacks with high-quality protein that supports building lean muscle and strength. These chocolate mint cookie protein bars contain whey protein isolate, and are gluten free. Each protein bar contains 20 grams of protein, 180 calories , and 2 grams of sugar, to support your busy and active lifestyle and help you to build lean muscle. Grab a Pure Protein bar for high-quality protein, an essential part of a nutritious, balanced diet. With delicious chocolate mint cookie flavor, these high protein bars are a treat at any time of day. Whether you prefer protein bars pre-workout, post-workout, or on-the-go, Pure Protein is proud to offer you high-protein snack bars with low sugar(1) and great taste that you’ll love. (1) Pure Protein products contain 5g sugar or less.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Pure Protein Bars (Specific Brand)
Protein is an essential energy source and a building block for muscles, bones and skin — your body needs it to repair tissue, carry oxygen, create enzymes that digest your food and regulate hormones.
Fortunately, you’ll find it in many of the foods you eat every day. Lean meats and some vegetables are packed with protein, as are dairy products. But you might not have time to sit down to a well-balanced meal. When you need to grab something on the go, a protein bar can be a handy portable snack.
Not all protein bars are created equal, though. Some can be loaded down with sugar and calories, defeating their purpose. If you’re simply trying to get some fuel for your workout or to stay crisp and clear-headed for work, all those extras likely won’t be welcome.
Pure Protein is a brand of protein bars that strives to provide as much protein as possible without all those things you don’t want. While calorie count and sugar volume can vary slightly from one bar to the next, the bars typically have 3 grams of sugar or less and about 200 calories each.
When you’re looking at energy bars, it’s important to pay close attention to where the protein comes from. Pure Protein sources its protein from dairy and soy ingredients as well as collagen. The small amount of sugar in Pure Protein bars primarily comes from dairy protein, so these are natural sugars, not those added artificially.
Pure Protein bars do have sugar alcohols, though. These artificial sweeteners are what keep the bars tasty, but some people report reactions to sugar alcohols: stomach upset, bloating and gas. If you start to notice these symptoms when regularly using any product with sugar alcohols, reducing your consumption may help
It’s also important to note the dairy and soy proteins in these bars. If you’re sensitive to dairy or soy, or if you refrain from consuming them for other reasons, you’ll want to look for another source of protein. Pure Protein bars don’t have gluten, though, so that makes them suitable for at least one type of special diet.
The Pure Protein Bar (Specific Brand) Buying Guide
- You can get protein in a variety of ways beyond your regular meals, like protein shakes, smoothies and bars. Choose the format that works best for your daily routine.
- When ordering protein bars for delivery, keep in mind that they can be perishable, particularly if they contain chocolate. If you live in a warmer climate, take measures to ensure they won’t be in the heat or get exposed to direct sunlight after being dropped off at your door.
- Pure Protein bars come in different flavors, and each flavor will vary when it comes to nutritional content. Check out sugar, protein and calorie amounts specifically.
- Protein bars come in different quantities per box. You can sometimes buy one package with multiple boxes if you’d like to set aside a supply of them.
- Protein bars are designed to give you a quick pick-me-up whenever you need one. This could be during your mid-afternoon slump or early in the morning when you don’t have time for breakfast.
- Many people choose to use a protein bar to power their workout routines. Before a workout, a protein bar can give you the energy you need to push yourself and improve your performance. After a workout, a protein bar can help with muscle repair and growth.
- Some find that protein bars help curb their cravings for sweets, too.
- Although protein bars can be a healthier alternative to candy bars and other junk foods, they still can’t compete with natural protein sources. Nutritionists recommend bananas, peanut butter, milk and yogurt instead.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide