Purdy XL Value Pack Paint Brush Set, 3-Piece
Last updated date: April 9, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Paint Brushes For Home and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Paint Brush For Home you should buy.
Editor's Note April 9, 2021:
Checkout The Best Paint Brush For Home for a detailed review of all the top paint brushes for home.
Whether you're working in hot and humid conditions or dry and cool, the Purdy XL Value Pack Paint Brush Set, 3-Piece will get the job done. The brushes feature bristles made from satin-edge nylon and orel polyester filaments, which means they are capable of handling both paints and stains. The set includes a 1-inch XL dale, a 1.5-inch XL glide and a 2-inch XL sprig.
In our analysis of 16 expert reviews, the Purdy Purdy XL Value Pack Paint Brush Set, 3-Piece placed 3rd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Product Description Purdy 140853100 XL Brush 3 Pack From the Manufacturer Painters rely on PURDY tools for smoother “no drag” brush strokes, excellent paint distribution, superb paint lifting capacity, greater efficiency in production, proven durability and more. XL Series brushes offer a unique blend of Satin-Edge nylon and Orel polyester filaments. They are recommended for interior and exterior painting projects with all paints. The stiffness retention of XL brushes makes them high performing for outdoor painting in hot and humid conditions. The XL-Dale features an angular trim and round square edge ferrule with a rattail, natural hardwood handle. It works great for trim, touch-up and small surface projects. The XL-Glide features an angular trim and round edge ferrule with a fluted natural hardwood handle. It works great for trim, touch-up and small surface projects. The XL-Sprig is features a flat trim and round edge ferrule with a beavertail natural hardwood handle. It is the ultimate painting tool for medium sized surfaces.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Paint Brushes For Home
There are a lot of projects homeowners can complete on their own to save money. Painting is one of those do-it-yourself tasks that isn’t too hard to figure out. Of course, you’ll need to have the proper tools on hand, beginning with a quality set of paintbrushes.
If you’re just starting out, you’ll want to grab a paintbrush set that includes several different paintbrushes. For example, the Pro Grade Paint Brush Set, 5-Piece contains multiple types of flat and angle brushes to help you complete just about any paint job on your to-do list.
There’s always the option to add a specialty brush to your collection, should you already have a starter set. The Wooster Shortcut Angle Sash Paintbrush is one such brush, as it is made with a short handle and angular bristles that are designed to help painters reach tight spaces and create clean, crisp lines.
Homeowners that have big paint jobs to tackle will want to opt for a paintbrush set that is comfortable to hold, like the Bates Wood Handle Paint Brushes, 4-Piece. This set has handles that are constructed from treated wood. They are lightweight and easy to hold. As a result, your hands won’t tire out as quickly as they would with other brands.
Don’t forget to consider the environment when shopping for a paintbrush for home. While there are brushes that are designed for use in hot and humid conditions and brushes that are made for cool and dry weather, it is possible to find a set that works well in all environments. Not only does the Purdy XL Value Pack Paint Brush Set, 3-Piece work well no matter where you need to use them, they also have versatile filaments that can be used with both paints and stains.
The Paint Brush For Home Buying Guide
- Some reviews report that certain brushes have bristles that tend to separate into clumps when dipped into the paint.
- Keep in mind that paintbrushes with short handles aren’t easy to hold for long periods of time. They are also known for their bristles coming loose faster than brushes with longer handles.
- After each project, you’ll need to properly clean and store your paintbrushes for home to extend their life. Start off by removing excess paint from the brushes by wiping them against the inside of the paint can and then back and forth over a sheet of newspaper. If you used a latex paint, you can clean the brush with water. An oil-based paint, however, requires paint thinner to completely clean the brush. Give the brush a final cleansing with a little dish soap and warm water. Wrap the paintbrush in a sheet of newspaper to dry. Once dry, place the brush in a new sheet of newspaper and secure it in place with a rubber band. Store with your other paint supplies.
- While you won’t typically find product warranties on paintbrushes for home use, you may come across a set that offers either a money back guarantee or a customer satisfaction guarantee. That way, if you experience any issues with the brush set, you can request a replacement or a product refund.
- Since paintbrushes often come in sets, you’ll need to calculate the price per brush by dividing the product’s price by the total number of brushes in the set. When you compare the price per brush, you’ll find the Pro Grade Paint Brush Set, 5-Piece to be the most affordable. The Purdy XL Value Pack Paint Brush Set, 3-Piece and the Bates Wood Handle Paint Brushes, 4-Piece are more moderately priced, while the Wooster Shortcut Angle Sash Paintbrush is among the most expensive.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide