Prosper Beauty Titanium Microneedle Derma Roller Kit
Last updated: February 21, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Microneedle Derma Rollers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Microneedle Derma Roller you should buy.
The Prosper Beauty Derma Roller Kit is not only colorful, but plentiful, giving you four replaceable heads for months of use. When those four run out, you can buy more to avoid having to replace the entire kit every few months. The needles are made from titanium, providing more strength and efficiency than steel needles.In our analysis of 54 expert reviews, the Prosper Beauty Titanium Microneedle Derma Roller Kit placed 5th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
DERMAROLL is a 6 piece microneedle derma roller kit — designed by healthcare professionals — containing 4 roller heads (1 attached + 3 additional), 1 derma roller handle, 1 storage case. DERMAROLL is dedicated to the safety of our customers, and our company is based entirely in the USA. • COMPETITION is a 2 piece kit containing only 1 derma roller and a storage case. COMPETITION is usually a Chinese or foreign based company. ————————————— 2) • DERMAROLL contains 4 replaceable heads (1 attached + 3 additional) in each kit allowing you to replace used dirty, or damaged needles with new sanitized needles. The convenient replacement heads ensure you are practicing safe derma rolling by using new roller heads regularly, and not subjecting yourself to contamination from poor sterilization and/or injury from dull or bent micro needles. • COMPETITION contains only 1 derma roller with non-replaceable fixed head, similar to a disposable razor, however microneedling is more invasive than razors. You must buy a brand new derma roller each time your roller needs replacing to ensure proper hygiene and safety. **NOTE: To ensure the highest standard of safety, professional microneedling (using longer needles) by a healthcare professional requires needles to be disposed after each use. Based on the needle length, we recommend that 0.25mm roller heads should be replaced after 3-5 uses. ————————————— 3) • DERMAROLL offers a replacement roller head kit called DERMAROLL REFILLS (containing 4 heads, 600 titanium 0.25mm needles). Instead of having to buy another DERMAROLL kit, you save money by purchasing the replacement head kit at a fraction of the cost. Save money with DERMAROLL REFILLS instead of buying 4 new fixed head derma rollers at full cost. This is easily the best value in derma rolling today. • COMPETITION forces you buy a brand new derma roller kit each time you need to replace a derma roller. If you are practicing safe and sanitary derma rolling techniques and replacing your derma roller head after 3-5 uses, the competition will cost you more money. ————————————— 4) • DERMAROLL uses titanium needles which are 3-4 times stronger than stainless steel and will last longer and will stay sharper than stainless steel needles, preventing injury to your skin. • COMPETITION uses stainless steel needles that will dull easier, leading to increased injury to skin. ————————————— 5) • DERMAROLL has 600 titanium 0.25mm micro needles on every roller head, ensuring maximum coverage on every roll. • COMPETITION has only 540 needles, which is 11% lesser needles, with lesser coverage on each roll. derma roller SAFETY AND HYGIENE FIRST WITH REPLACEABLE HEADS DERMAROLL is the FIRST and ONLY derma roller kit that promotes safety and increased hygiene by offering new and sanitized replacement roller heads in every kit as well as a replacement head kit called DERMAROLL REFILLS. Practice safe derma roller techniques by replacing your roller head regularly. Based on the 0.25mm needle length, we recommend that roller heads should be replaced after 3-5 uses (similar but more frequent that razor blades) to ensure proper hygiene, safe and sanitary usage, and reduce the discomfort of dull needles, skin damage, infection. Read more derma roller microneedle DON’T SETTLE FOR A LESSER DERMA ROLLER Containing 600 densely packed, titanium micro needles 0.25mm on 4 replaceable roller heads (1 attached + 3 additional) along with handle and carrying case. Titanium needles are 3-4 times stronger than stainless steel and will last longer and will stay sharper than stainless steel needles, preventing injury to your skin. Other derma rollers do not have replaceable heads, have less than 600 needles, and most are made out of stainless steel needles that will dull easier. INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE DERMAROLL is for individual use only. Do not share your DERMAROLL with others. Do not use on skin that has acne, eczema, sensitive, irritated, inflamed, open wounds, raised moles, warts. Keep out of reach of children. The DERMAROLL may be used up to a 3-5 times a week on face and neck. Thoroughly clean face, neck, and hands and dry completely before using the DERMAROLL. After cleansing, apply desired skincare product or serum upon skin and neck (optional). Use the DERMAROLL over forehead, chin, lips, neck, and both sides of the face. For best results use light pressure, gently roll over skin in horizontal, vertical, and diagonal directions. Pass each area of the skin 2-3 times per direction. Do not roll over the same section more than 10 times. After dermarolling, reapply desired skincare product or serum on skin and neck (optional). Clean and disinfect your DERMAROLL before and after each use. Dispose of roller head after 3-5 uses and replace with new roller head. derma roller microneedle roller INSTRUCTIONS FOR CLEANING AND REPLACEMENT CLEANING: Disinfect your DERMAROLL by submerging the entire roller head in a cup of 91% isopropyl alcohol for 10 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with water and allow to dry completely. Upon drying, place the DERMAROLL in storage case until next use. Before next use, disinfect the DERMAROLL again to ensure proper hygiene. Dispose of roller head after 3-5 uses and replace with new roller head. REPLACEMENT: DERMAROLL heads should be replaced after 3-5 uses to ensure proper hygiene, prevent skin damage and infection. Needles dull with each use, and improper disinfection methods may lead to risk of infection and damage. Using new, sanitized DERMAROLL heads will minimize such risks. To remove, press the button underneath the handle and gently pull off roller head and dispose. To replace, press the button underneath the handle while inserting the new roller head DERMAROLL DERMAROLL BLACK DERMAROLL lite + C Replaceable Heads ✓ ✓ No, but kit includes Vitamin C Serum Number of Needles 600 needles 600 needles 540 needles 0.25mm Microneedles ✓ ✓ ✓ Titanium Needles ✓ ✓ ✓ Storage Case ✓ ✓ ✓ Available Refills ✓ ✓ Weight 1.08 ounces 1.08 ounces 0.77 ounces Height 5.83 inches 5.83 inches 5.25 inches Width 1.22 inches 1.22 inches 1.06 inches
What experts liked
Microneedle Derma Roller Rankings
You know how your skin looks and feels after you’ve spent some time at the beach. That glow is tough to achieve in the long winter months that follow, though, and unless you live near the beach, your sunbathing days are probably few and far between. To get that glow, many consumers now turn to something called microneedling, which is offered in many spas and skincare practices.
Microneedling involves penetrating the skin with small needles in an effort to stimulate collagen production. The practice is believed to plump up the skin, creating a smoother, more polished look. Those who swear by the treatment say it reduces the appearance of pores and helps fill in wrinkles and scars. Some even say it helps with managing acne.
But you don’t have to pay a fortune to a spa for regular treatments. You can now buy microneedle derma roller kits for self-treatment at home. These rollers are designed so that they don’t require a trained professional to operate, making them effective while still being safe.
To meet those safety requirements, though, you’ll find that the needles in home kits are shorter than the needles used in a spa. Experts have deemed the ultra-fine 0.25mm needles found in most home kits to be safest for home use, but some manufacturers push it to 0.3mm. The deeper the needle can penetrate, the more dramatic the results, so keep that in mind as you shop.
The good thing about shorter needles is that they aren’t as painful as the longer needles found in spas. For best results, go with titanium needles, which last longer and are safer for the skin than stainless steel. You’ll also find titanium needles are stronger, getting you closer to that glow you’re used to getting from your spa treatments. Regardless of material, you’ll need to thoroughly clean your needles after each use to reduce the risk of infection.
- It can be easy to assume that if a derma roller costs more, it must be more effective. That isn’t necessarily the case. In fact, you’ll find that some of the best derma rollers fall well within your budget. A roller with titanium needles is your best bet, as it will be more effective and last longer.
- The needles puncture your skin slightly, making it more absorbent. Make sure you’re using serums to take advantage of the needle’s effects.
- If you like to keep your derma roller in your purse, tote bag or luggage, consider one that comes with a storage case. This will keep the needles safe while you’re taking it with you on-the-go. Some rollers are lighter weight than others, making them easier to carry around.
- In a spa setting, microneedles can be painful, but the shorter needles used at home don’t bring those same pain levels. You’ll likely experience a slight prickly sensation.
- One issue with microneedles is that they can dull over time. You’ll see less of this with titanium needles, which are built to last. Steel can rust over time, making it more likely you’ll have to replace it after a few weeks.
- When your needles do dull, why buy an entirely new derma roller? Pay attention to whether the derma roller’s head is replaceable to avoid that extra expense. Some rollers even come with multiple replacement heads so you’ll be ready to make the change when you need to.
- For extra assurance when making your purchase, look for one that has a warranty. Some manufacturers will even give you a full refund if you aren’t completely satisfied.
- The number of microneedles also can improve the experience. Many home kits have 540 needles, but there are some that increase that to 600, which helps you cover a larger surface area with each movement of the roller. That saves time and reduces the duration of any discomfort the process makes you feel.
- If you feel daunted by the process, some derma rollers come with helpful ebooks that walk you through the process. You can also find useful videos and articles online.
- Microneedle rollers aren’t limited to smoothing your face. Some can be used from head to toe, including on the abdomen and legs. If you’re interested in a tool with that type of versatility, make sure you search for one.
- The design of the handle can come into play after you’ve been using your derma roller for a while. But it’s not just about comfort. An ergonomic handle can also reduce slipping, keeping you safe.
- Another safety feature built into some derma rollers is a disinfecting cup. You can use this to sterilize your needles between uses, which is not only hygienic but can also help reduce the risk of infection.