Progressive Prepworks Safety Cover Apple Slicer
Last updated date: April 17, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Apple Slicers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Apple Slicer you should buy.
Update as December 23, 2020:
Checkout The Best Apple Slicer for a detailed review of all the top apple slicers.
In our analysis of 24 expert reviews, the Progressive Prepworks Safety Cover Apple Slicer placed 6th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Progressive International is your source for the widest range of functional, inventive and fun kitchen tools and great ideas put into practice. Our functional gadgets, tools, food-prep items and household products make cooking and meal preparation more efficient and fun. At Progressive, passion and creativity unite to create the right balance of form and function for today's cooks. Our in-house designers spend hours in the kitchen coming up with ways to improve on a variety of traditional tasks and tools. Established in 1973, our commitment to quality and service allows us to offer a broad selection of quality kitchenware and other household products. Prep works products from Progressive International are created by people who understand having the correct kitchen tool can make your cooking experience more enjoyable. prep works -essential items for today's cook. Quickly slice apples and pears with this easy-to-use Wedge and Pop kitchen tool by Prep Works for Progressive International. The handy gadget not only slices an apple or pear into eight tidy wedges, but it also pops the fruit out in one fast motion. Just push down, swing the unit's cover under the fruit and pop the wedges out. Both the wedges and the core come out cleanly and effortlessly. In addition to helping release the slices, the cover also protects the blade during storage, keeping it sharp and ready to use. Made of durable ABS, stainless steel and polypropylene, the Wedge and Pop measures approximately 5.25 by 7.25 by 2 Inch and can safely go in the dishwasher to ensure thorough cleaning between use.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Apple Slicers
Cutting enough apples for an apple pie or afternoon family snack can be time-consuming, not to mention rough on your hands. Fortunately, apple slicers are able to cut your prep time in half. Baking is no longer a chore, but rather a fun way to spend an afternoon.
The first thing you want to look for when purchasing an apple slicer is how many slices the unit can cut at once and whether or not the device also cores the apple. Most models have a center circular blade to core the apple. Typically, they produce eight apple slices. The SAVORLIVING Ultra-Sharp Apple Corer & Slicer, however, is able to create 12 slices from one apple. That means each slice is thinner, which is great if you have small children at home.
Next, examine the construction of the apple slicer. You want it to be durable, so you don’t have to replace it after just a year of use. Stainless steel blades, like the ones found on the OXO Good Grips Apple Corer & Slicer, are a must. Stainless steel doesn’t rust and stays nice and sharp to continue producing perfect apple slices every time. It’s also stain and odor-resistant, which is helpful if you plan on cutting more than just apples with your slicer.
Check out the apple slicer’s handles next. You need the handles to provide a comfortable sturdy grip to keep your hands and wrists from tiring. The Elbee Home Easy Grip Apple Slicer & Divider has anti-slip silicone handles that meet this requirement.
Look for any features that make one apple slicer more desirable than another. For example, the Newness Focus Premium Large Apple Corer & Slicer comes in either bright orange or rich red. It’s also larger in size, which means you can use it with potatoes and other large fruits and vegetables.
The Apple Slicer Buying Guide
- If you have any difficulty getting the apple residue out from the small corer, you can use a toothbrush with a little dish soap on it to remove the residue and clean the corer.
- Use caution when cleaning the apple slicer, as the blades are sharp enough to cut the skin if not handled properly.
- Apple slicers without soft covers on their handles may not be as comfortable to operate.
- Always check the size of the apple slicer, as some models don’t work well on large apples.
- The more blades the apple slicer has, the more resistance you’ll experience. Keep this in mind as you shop, especially if you don’t have a great deal of strength to push down the slicer.
- Most apple slicers are dishwasher-safe, although there are a few models that recommend you wash the slicers by hand with warm water and dish soap. If you do place your apple slicer in the dishwasher, it’s a good idea to place it on the top shelf.
- Apple slicers, in general, are extremely affordable. They only vary in price slightly due to construction materials and the number of apple slices they produce. You’ll find the Elbee Home Easy Grip Apple Slicer & Divider is one of the cheaper models. Both, the OXO Good Grips Apple Corer & Slicer and the Newness Focus Premium Large Apple Corer & Slicer are moderately priced. Since the SAVORLIVING Ultra-Sharp Apple Corer & Slicer is made from stainless steel and able to produce 12 apple slices at a time, it commands the highest price.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide