Proctor Silex Automatic Can Opener with Knife Sharpener
Last updated date: May 18, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Electric Can Openers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Electric Can Opener you should buy.
Update as February 26, 2020:
Checkout The Best Electric Can Opener for a detailed review of all the top electric can openers.
The Proctor Silex Automatic Can Opener with Knife Sharpener has its own cord storage, which is handy if you prefer not to leave your can opener plugged in. This model is capable of opening small, large and tall cans and has a handy shut-off feature. Another perk is the built-in knife sharpener for rejuvenating dull knives.
In our analysis of 20 expert reviews, the Proctor Silex Automatic Can Opener with Knife Sharpener placed 4th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Important tools like Can openers should be reliable and save you time and energy in the kitchen. Proctor Silex can openers are powerful enough for even the toughest jobs and are sized to open extra-tall cans. These popular can openers are essential for today’s busy family and provide solid cutting performance every can openers are designed for convenience, and the cutting lever can be removed for quick and easy cleanup. Whether you need an affordable can opener for under the cabinet or on the countertop, these reliable appliances are easy to use and look great in your kitchen.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Electric Can Openers
Manual can openers are good to have around in the event of a power outage, but they require a good grip and sometimes a great deal of strength to operate. For everyday use, an electric can opener is best. It does all the hard work for you.
As you shop, consider the size of the cans you typically need to cut. Short traditional models are capable of opening a can of veggies or soup, but they can’t handle the size of bulk containers. If you have a large family, you may wish to go with the Cuisinart Deluxe Electric Can Opener. It’s slim, so it won’t take up much counter space, but more importantly tall. It can handle bigger cans with ease.
Typical electric can openers cut the inside of the can, which leaves sharp edges. If you have small children at home, these sharp edges may cause an accidental cut if the can is not carefully handled. Instead, opt for something like the Hamilton Beach Smooth Touch Electric Can Opener, which cuts cans along the sides. The result is edges that are smooth to the touch.
As you open certain cans, the electric can opener may get dirty. It can be hard to fully clean the blade and the surrounding area with a dishrag. Fortunately, there are models like the Hamilton Beach Classic Electric Automatic Can Opener that have a removable, dishwasher-safe cutting unit.
Determine whether the electric can opener has anything extra to offer. For example, the Proctor Silex Automatic Can Opener comes with a knife sharpener. Other models have an automatic shut-off feature and added storage for the machine’s cord.
The Electric Can Opener Buying Guide
- Electric can openers that are on the lighter side may tip over when you try to use them with heavier cans. Make sure you also grab on to the base of the can opener with your free hand before you begin opening the can.
- The price of an electric can opener increases with every added feature. The Cuisinart Deluxe Electric Can Opener is a basic model, and therefore the most affordable. The Hamilton Beach Classic Electric Automatic Can Opener and the Proctor Silex Automatic Can Opener with Knife Sharpener have an added knife sharpener, which puts them in the moderate price range. The most costly is the Hamilton Beach Smooth Touch Electric Can Opener. This model demands a higher price due to its ability to cut cans from the sides, leaving behind smooth edges.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide