Pro Pet Works Hypoallergenic Pet Shampoo, 17-Ounce
Last updated date: July 27, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Pet Shampoos and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Pet Shampoo you should buy.
Update as July 27, 2022:
Checkout The Best Pet Shampoo for a detailed review of all the top pet shampoos.
With ingredients like almond oil, vitamin D and aloe vera, you can't go wrong with this pet shampoo. It's safe for dogs and cats with sensitive skin and has a pleasant scent. The formula not only does an excellent job of keeping skin moisturized, but it also helps relieve skin issues.
In our analysis of 14 expert reviews, the Pro Pet Works Hypoallergenic Pet Shampoo, 17-Ounce placed 4th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
PRO PET WORKS PERFECT BLEND:”BUY 2 OR MORE GET 10% OFF! “CODE 9P5BTCW9.” Organic Aloe Vera Gel, Organic Almond Oil, Oatmeal, Vitamins A, D, E & B12, Formulated for pets with allergies & sensitive skin, Eliminates wet dog smell, DE-TANGLES & DESHEDS for easy brushing, Safe for daily use, Paraben, cruelty free, sulfate free, soap free, No alcohol or animal by products, Made in USA >>Our revolutionary pet wash was made for CATS & DOGS, providing relief from hot spots and itching. ALOE VERA GEL IS VERY BENEFICIAL FOR DOGS & CATS? If you break an Aloe Vera leaf open you notice two things: the center clear/greenish goo (THIS IS WHAT THE GEL IS MADE FROM) and, around the edges, a white sap (this is the latex the plant produces). The gel is very beneficial for pets. Our Shampoo only uses Aloe Vera Gel which has 20 of the 22 amino acids that a pet needs that usually only comes from food they eat. FORMULATED FOR DOGS, CATS, FERRETS, RABBITS & GUINEA PIGS: No matter the breed you have; it works well for all dogs due to the formulation that preserves your pets natural oil production. Continuous use will give your pet a long lasting, beautiful coat. WHY IS OUR FORMULATION SO SPECIAL COMPARED TO OTHER BRANDS? The biggest answer to this question is “INGREDIENTS” Nothing soothes like ALOE VERA GEL & ALMOND OIL. These are very effective to help relieve skin issues. Aloe Vera Gel is used to keep skin hydrated. Because the plant thrives in dry climates. To survive the harsh conditions, the plant’s leaf stores water and when combined with special plant compounds called complex carbohydrates, make it an effective moisturizer and pain reliever. ALLERGY RELIEF GROOMING BLEND” Because of our Formulation of Aloe Vera Gel, Almond Oil and Vitamins A,D E & B12 any pet can benefit from the moisturizing effects the shampoo has on the skin. Almond oil also supports skin hydration similar to Aloe Vera Gel. ALMOND OIL has natural Vitamin E , which keeps skin cells healthy, protects the skin from UV damage, and helps the skin repair itself quickly. The fatty acids help skin retain moisture and can heal chapped, irritated skin
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Pet Shampoos
If you like cuddle time with your dog, you probably have noticed that sometimes pets can smell not so pleasant. Even if you don’t notice the odor, your guests and other household members may.
But how often a dog needs to be bathed varies from one breed to another. Some pets, such as the Chinese Crested, need weekly baths, while those with longer hair, as seen in the Maltese and Collie breeds, can go four to six weeks between baths. In the latter case, though, a lot of maintenance is involved in keeping the coat free of mats and tangles between those grooming sessions. In other words, you may not have to shampoo once a week, but brushing may be a daily occurrence.
If you’re washing your dog yourself, the type of shampoo you use is also an important factor. With pets, the skin beneath the coat is just as important as the fur you’re washing. Dog shampoo is formulated to be safe for use on both the hairs on a dog’s coat and the skin beneath.
Natural ingredients are especially popular in today’s pet shampoos. You’ll likely find plenty of options that have oatmeal, aloe, chamomile and similar ingredients designed to clean while also being gentle on a pet’s skin.
As with your own hair, once you’ve shampooed, the next step is conditioner. You’ll need to make sure the fur is soft after it dries. This not only makes it pleasing to touch, but it will also give it that attractive sheen and make it easy to brush. For longer-haired dogs, it can keep mats and tangles to a minimum.
But before you start shopping for pet shampoo, you should note the special needs your pet has. If you’re merely trying to improve your pet’s scent, you’ll have more options than if you’re treating an issue like skin irritation or removing allergens with a bath.
The Pet Shampoo Buying Guide
- If your pet is not a fan of baths, there are some things you can do to make it easier. You can gradually acclimate your dog to the bathtub by first setting it up with treats and toys, then later starting to gradually add water.
- While you bathe, try to avoid getting water or shampoo in your pet’s ears. Water can become lodged in their sensitive canals, causing health problems.
- Don’t spray your pet’s face or apply shampoo around the eyes and ears. Instead, wet a washcloth and use that to gently wash those sensitive areas.
- The right shampoo can also make bath time more pleasant for your pet. The soap should be mild enough so that it doesn’t cause irritation. You can find shampoos that are made specifically for sensitive skin, so if your pet tends to scratch or have flaky skin, look for something like that.
- Never use human shampoo on a pet. Human shampoo is formulated for the pH of human skin, and a dog’s skin has a completely different pH.
- Some pet owners use hair dryers to dry their pets. The problem with this is that some pets are frightened by the noise. If you go this route, be very careful not to direct hot air in the same area too long. A moisture-absorbing towel is typically a better option, although your dog will likely shake off, spraying water everywhere, no matter how much water you absorb.
- If you’re buying shampoo for a puppy, look for one with ingredients that soothe, as well as a formulation that reduces sting if it somehow gets in your pup’s eyes during the bath.
- One way to help ease a pet’s anxiety about bath time is to look for a shampoo that has the scent of lavender, which is thought to help with relaxation.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide