Pro Marine Supplies Crystal Clear Epoxy Resin Kit
Last updated date: September 16, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Epoxy Resins and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Epoxy Resin you should buy.
Update as September 16, 2020:
Checkout The Best Epoxy Resin for a detailed review of all the top epoxy resins.
This epoxy resin has no volatile organic compounds, although you still may want to play it safe by wearing a mask and working in a well-ventilated area. It cures harder than usual to give the surfaces below extra protection, and the easy, six-step application process makes it great even for beginners. You'll get a two-bottle, 1-gallon kit that includes a tabletop epoxy and epoxy hardener.
In our analysis of 13 expert reviews, the Pro Marine Supplies Crystal Clear Epoxy Resin Kit placed 2nd when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Pro Marine Repair, a boat repair company, was established in 2009, working on projects from minor cosmetic fixes to complete boat restorations. While working on various boat construction projects, we realized how much of a demand there was for high-quality Epoxy Resin products. Pro Marine Supplies was then established in 2013 to fulfill the demand for much-needed Epoxy Resin products to suit the various needs of the Marine, Construction, and Art Industry. Our trained and experienced staff is here to answer your questions and provide technical support. Aside from supplying outstanding products, we also ensure that our customers are highly satisfied with the assistance and service that we can provide. Please check out our full instructional guide and videos. If you need any assistance with your application, or have any questions or comments, please reach out!
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Epoxy Resins
If you’re a DIY enthusiast, you probably already know the benefits of epoxy resin. Whether you’re repairing an old piece of furniture or making jewelry, epoxy resin provides a hard, protective surface that not only seals the work you’ve done, but also protects it against future damage.
Resin is a composite blend used in manufacturing and woodworking. Epoxy resin is made by mixing components that create a chemical reaction, resulting in a substance that hardens and sets your work. The final result is a polished, finished look that also creates a layer of protection.
There are a few things to consider if you’re in the market for epoxy resin. Avoid the temptation to save money by going for the cheapest option. The quality of the resin can vary from one brand to the next, so you’ll sometimes get a better experience by spending a little more.
Another consideration is how much work time you get from your epoxy resin. Some can set fairly quickly, but that’s not necessarily a good thing. If you have a resin that takes a while to set, that lets you take the time to apply it and perfect it before it sets.
Before you start working with any solvent, including epoxy resin, make sure you’re prepared to keep yourself safe. While working with epoxy resin, you should wear safety goggles and gloves, as well as protective clothing. A bigger risk comes from inhaling fumes while you’re working. If possible, work outside, and if that’s not feasible, work in a well-ventilated area. A respirator with a vapor cartridge can also help keep harmful fumes at bay, even if your project takes a while.
The Epoxy Resin Buying Guide
- Epoxy resins harden to varying strengths. The benefit to a harder resin is that it protects the surface beneath.
- In addition to scratches and dings, you’ll want your items protected against the sun’s harmful rays. Look for an epoxy resin that has UV protection built in.
- Make sure any resin you choose is clear. Some resins cure to a high-gloss finish, so if you don’t want shine, shop around to find one that doesn’t produce this effect.
- If you’re using epoxy resin on an old piece of wood, lightly sand the wood first and make sure you remove all residue to avoid it blending with the finished product.
- After you’ve applied the resin, give it plenty of time to cure. Most resin takes about 72 hours to fully set, but you can find some that will cure overnight.
- If you’re applying epoxy resin in a colder room or outdoor environment, you may find it takes longer to cure than in warmer temperatures. Ideally, your resin should be left to cure in temperatures of between 75 and 85 degrees Fahrenheit. A space heater or heat lamp can help speed things along.
- You’ll need some supplies for working with your epoxy resin, and resins come with everything you need. Cups, application sticks and gloves are a must. You should also make sure you have safety goggles and a mask — preferably one with an oxygen cartridge to help you breathe when surrounded by fumes.
- Some resins have better odors than others. Although any scent will likely diminish with time, a particularly pungent formula could make the process of applying and waiting for it to cure much more difficult to endure.
- Although thicker resin has its benefits, it can be prone to air bubbles. Look for a formula that reduces this. If you end up with bubbles, gently applying heat with a blow dryer can help.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide