PriorityChef Stainless Steel Professional Knife Sharpener
Last updated date: December 23, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Knife Sharpeners and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Knife Sharpener you should buy.
Update as December 23, 2022:
Checkout The Best Knife Sharpener for a detailed review of all the top knife sharpeners.
Our budget pick comes equipped with both coarse and fine sharpening slots for blunter blades and finer edges. The diamonds set in this sharpener guarantee a crisp edge, and we love the handle's firm rubber grip. Though it doesn't play well with ceramic knives, it works just as well as pricier versions for all other types of knives. We liked the grip of the handle in our testing, and found it to be useful for both left-handed and right-handed cooks.
In our analysis of 42 expert reviews, the PriorityChef Stainless Steel Professional Knife Sharpener placed 9th when we looked at the top 16 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Don’t waste money by throwing away your blunt knives! The Priority Chef sharpener can turn the most blunt knives like new with a few strokes! A sharp knife is a safe knife – Comfortable grip, non-slip base and easy to sharpen any straight edge kitchen knife! Never Been Able To Master Whetstones or Sharpening Steel? This manual 2 stage sharpener does a great job for even the most unskilled cook and one of best knife sharpeners available.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Knife Sharpeners
Cooking at home has a slew of advantages for your waistline and your wallet. Making your own meals is far cheaper than ponying up for restaurant eats on a regular basis. Plus, you might shed some pounds if you’re in control of how much oil and fat you cook with.
However, you’ll need the right tools to mimic the delicious flavors you’d find in your favorite restaurant dishes. Quality knives are part of the foundation for a fully functional kitchen, but they can’t execute perfect slices if you don’t take proper care of them. A knife sharpener is a must-have for home cooks, but there’s some background information you’ll want to know before you pick one.
When you sharpen a knife, you remove minuscule amounts of metal from the knife to create a fresh, sharp blade. Sharpening your knife gives it a crisp edge, but it also wears your knife away since you’re removing material every time you sharpen it.
Keeping your knife’s blade straight is also crucial, and honing your knife in between sharpenings helps the knife last longer and cut more accurately. (Honing is an action that realigns the blade of an already sharp knife.)
There are many different kinds of knife sharpeners, but the most popular types are electric, manual and sharpening steels (also called honing rods). Electric sharpeners typically use a two or three-step process for creating, sharpening and honing your blade. Most electric sharpeners use guides to help you find the perfect angle. This is great for beginners, but more advanced cooks might prefer the manual control that comes with handheld sharpeners.
If you’re using a manual knife sharpener, you’ll place the sharpener on a flat surface and draw your knife through a sharpening slot. Handheld sharpeners are less expensive than electric options, and they’re portable for chefs on the go.
Honing rods keep your blade properly aligned for better balance and precision while you slice and dice. They’re also referred to as sharpening steels, but that title is a bit of a misnomer since they don’t actually sharpen your knife. They’re still an essential component of your knife care system. A selection of knife sharpeners use a high-grade ceramic to re-align your knife’s edge.
The Knife Sharpener Buying Guide
- Before you buy, you’ll want to assess how serious you are about home cooking. If you’ve invested in pricey knives and see yourself whipping up new creations every day, a high-end electric sharpener is worth a look. If you just want to keep your knives sharp for a few casual meals per week, a budget-friendly buy might be more your speed.
- How much counter space do you have available for your knife sharpener? There are models that measure a full foot long and weigh a hefty five pounds, as well as others that are just over nine inches long and only weighs eight ounces.
- Do you want a sharpener that shapes, sharpens and hones in one unit, or would you prefer a separate honing rod? Some sharpeners only shape and sharpen, while others perform all three functions. You’ll want to purchase a separate honing rod if you purchase a two-step sharpener.
- How much mobility do you need in your knife sharpener? Electric options sharpen your knives in a snap, but they’re not road-friendly. If you have multiple homes or see yourself cooking on the road, a smaller manual sharpener will easily fit into most bags.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide