Primsacolor Premier Water Soluble Drawing Pencil Set, 18-Piece
Last updated date: September 15, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Drawing Pencil Sets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Drawing Pencil Set you should buy.
Update as September 22, 2022:
Checkout Put Imagination To Page With The Best Drawing Pencil Set for a detailed review of all the top drawing pencil sets.
In our analysis, the Primsacolor Primsacolor Premier Water Soluble Drawing Pencil Set, 18-Piece placed 10th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Draw dark shadows, sharp lines, and sultry mid-tones with the Prismacolor Premier Graphite Drawing Pencil Set. Featuring 14 different professionally graded lead values each with a silky smooth laydown, you’re empowered to create professional-quality drawings. Your kit comes with seven Turquoise drawing pencils with hardened cores that resist breakage, four versatile woodless graphite pencils that can be used dull for coverage or sharpened, plus three water-soluble ebony pencils that create intensely dark marks. To keep your sketches tight, the kit comes with both a kneaded eraser that can be shaped to any area you want to erase and a vinyl Magic Rub eraser that’s perfect for delicate surfaces. Meanwhile, the sanding board makes it easy to create powdered mixes and unique points. The kit is completed with a steel pencil sharpener.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Drawing Pencil Sets
Pencils, one of the most essential tools of human written communication, are also universal tools for sketching, drawing and shading. Drawing pencils are produced in several different graphite grades, allowing the user to produce everything from fine lines to textured shading. The grades can range from 4H to 12B, with B-grade numbers indicating the graphite’s level of blackness or softness and H-grade numbers indicating its level of hardness. Pencils with a higher H number will create cleaner, lighter tones that are less susceptible to smudging, while pencils with a higher B number produce richer, darker tones that are ideal for shading.
Pencil sets include a collection of varying lead grades, so you can use different tones to create depth and dimension. Gauging your volume of usage is the first step to determining which pencil set is right for you. For example, if you just need pencils for stretching out ideas or causal doodling, a 40-piece art set may not be necessary. Those kits, which can include items like charcoal pencils, multiple erasers and sharpeners, and shading tools, are better suited for more complex art projects.
The Drawing Pencil Set Buying Guide
- Pencils with a hexagonal casing have well-defined edges that make them easy to grip, giving users superior control. They also won’t roll off your work surface as easily.
- Look for pencil sets that are made from non-toxic, eco-friendly materials.
- For beginner sketchers, some artists recommend using H-scale pencils as a foundation for your drawings, then finishing with darker B-scale pencils.
- Gripping the pencil as close to the point as possible will give you more control but will produce heavier, darker lines.
- To avoid smudging your work, place an extra piece of paper under your hand and consider using a blending stick for smoother shading.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide