Primal Antibiotic-Free Natural Freeze Dried Dog Food Topper
Last updated date: January 20, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Freeze Dried Dog Food Toppers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Freeze Dried Dog Food Topper you should buy.
Update as January 19, 2023:
Checkout The Best Freeze Dried Dog Food Topper for a detailed review of all the top freeze dried dog food toppers.
Your pet's health is important, which is why you'll want to go with this freeze-dried dog food topper. It's made using beef sourced from grass-fed cattle that were never given hormones or antibiotics. The formula is easy to digest and also includes natural vitamins and minerals.
In our analysis of 15 expert reviews, the Primal Antibiotic-Free Natural Freeze Dried Dog Food Topper placed 1st when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Made with grass-fed, antibiotic-free beef raised without steroids or added hormones and with USDA certified organic fruits and vegetables. No corn, wheat, soy, lentils or legumes. Convenient and delicious raw nutrition that is shelf-stable and ready to serve. Simply crumble the freeze-dried nuggets and rehydrate with water, Bone Broth, or Raw Goat Milk. Freeze-dried raw, minimally processed dog food delivers the highest digestibility for maximum nutrient absorption to help support healthy weight, reduced stool volume, healthy skin and coat, oral health and clear eyes. Real whole food nutrition with no synthetic vitamins or minerals, and no artificial flavors, colors or preservatives. Crafted in the USA with high-quality proteins for a 100 percent complete and balanced raw food diet for adult dogs.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Freeze Dried Dog Food Toppers
Though there’s no set standard for what dog food toppers should offer, these products typically contain ingredients that make them tastier and more nutritious to dogs. Added to pup’s dry food, dog food toppers can entice your pet to eat while providing more of what they need.
Dog food toppers, including the freeze-dried versions, often double as pet treats. This means that, if you’re not offering a version that’s complete and balanced, you should limit toppers to 10% of your dog’s diet.
You may wish to feed your pup a freeze-dried dog food topper that is listed as all-natural. For example one brand features a turkey flavor that includes just four ingredients: turkey, mixed tocopherols, rosemary extract and green tea extract. The formula is grain-free and doesn’t contain any unnecessary preservatives, dyes, soy or artificial flavors.
Determine how much protein the freeze-dried dog food topper contains, as this is the most important ingredient. The Stella & Chewy’s Meal Mixers Grain-Free Dog Food Topper is made up of 95% grass-fed beef, organs and bone. Although you don’t need to go with a brand that has this much protein, you do need to make sure the protein level is sufficient.
Look for added ingredients that improve the nutritional content of the dog food topper. Some brands have fruits and vegetables that are rich in vitamins and minerals. Others are made with superfoods, like ginger root, kelp and flax seeds. You want the topper to support healthy digestion and improve your pup’s skin and coat.
Should you plan on traveling, you’ll want to make sure the freeze-dried dog food topper you select has a resealable top. This not only keeps the topper fresh, but also ensures none of the contents fall out during transport.
The Freeze Dried Dog Food Topper Buying Guide
- Freeze-dried dog food toppers that are made with raw meat should be handled with care. You’ll need to wash your hands immediately after handling the raw meat. This is the best way to prevent contracting a food-borne illness.
- Always follow the serving instructions on the back of the freeze-dried dog food topper’s product packaging. It will list the serving size by cups based on your dog’s weight and desired calorie intake.
- If you decide to use the freeze-dried dog food topper as a full meal, you should gradually transition from your pet’s current chow to the topper. To do this, slowly add more of the topper and less of the old dog food over the course of 10 days. This will prevent your dog from experiencing any stomach discomfort.
- Although most freeze-dried dog food toppers are relatively soft, you can still rehydrate them with a little water for senior dogs who can’t chew tough foods.
- Some pet owners choose to use freeze-dried dog food toppers to train their pups. Each time the dog responds correctly, he is rewarded with the topper as a treat. Since the topper is so flavorful, this method works well.
- While you do not need to refrigerate freeze-dried food dog toppers, you do need to store them in a cool, dry location.
- When comparing the prices for different freeze-dried dog food toppers, look at the price per ounce.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide