Prevail Extra Absorbency Underwear
Last updated date: June 22, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Adult Diapers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Adult Diaper you should buy.
In our analysis of 28 expert reviews, the Prevail Prevail Extra Absorbency Underwear placed 12th when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note June 19, 2020:
Checkout The Best Adult Diaper for a detailed review of all the top adult diapers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Designed for extra leakage protection, Prevail Underwear features Comfort-Shape Plus with gentle elastics that shape to your body for a more comfortable and discreet fit than standard adult diapers. The cloth-like outer cover is soft and comfortable for all-day wear while ventilated waist panels allow air to pass through, reducing heat buildup and promoting healthy skin. Prevail Underwear is the #1 rated brand in the healthcare industry. Each product is constructed with a discreet core technology that allows for thinner, highly-absorbent material that enables the user to move more freely and confidently. Combined with a super absorbent polymer for dual protection, Odor Guard technology is proven to reduce the total amount of odor-causing ammonia formed during and after use. Moisture is quickly locked in upon contact for added leakage protection while the soft outer fabric provides additional all-day comfort. Extra large size fits waist sizes 58 to 68 inches for a snug and comfortable fit. Each Prevail incontinence product features a proprietary Quick Wick layer of material with MaxSoft Technology that provides advanced softness with rapid liquid absorption for optimal product performance. This package includes four packs of underwear with 14 pairs per package for a total of 56 individual pairs of disposable underwear. Prevail adult care products are manufactured in Pennsylvania with attention to quality, safety, sustainability, and responsible sourcing practices by First Quality, a family-owned company. First Quality is a leader in developing premium quality products. In addition to our collection of adult care products, we also offer lines of baby products, feminine care, paper products, and bottled water.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Adult Diapers
Adult diapers have come a long way over the years. In fact, many of today’s products are just slightly bulkier versions of the underwear you already have in your drawer. Whether you’re suffering from incontinence, recovering from surgery or dealing with heavy bleeding, the right adult diaper can make all the difference.
One of the first things to consider when you’re shopping is the design you want. There are benefits to adult diapers, which attach using tabs at the side like child diapers. Some find brief-style products more difficult to pull on, making the diaper design a better choice. Still others like the look and feel of the underwear design and choose those accordingly.
Bulk may be a deciding factor if you’re planning to wear your underwear outside of your home. You’ll want to find incontinence underwear you can wear beneath your clothing. This may mean buying one type of underwear to wear around the house and another to wear when you’re out and about. It’s also important to look for an incontinence garment that has odor-fighting capabilities, especially for outside the home.
Absorbency is an important feature in any incontinence underwear. Leaks are never pleasant, but they can happen if the diaper you choose isn’t designed to contain liquid. Look not only for how much your underwear can absorb in one wear, but also how it guards against embarrassing and inconvenient leaks.
Although diaper-style incontinence undergarments can sometimes be versatile, the brief design isn’t quite as diverse. Briefs are designed to mimic female and male underwear, so you may have to shop around a bit to find the style you prefer. You also will need to look closely at fit. Although diaper-style incontinence underwear will let you adjust the fit via the tabs, brief-style underwear may require you to study a sizing chart or pull out the tape measure to make sure a pair will fit properly.
DWYM Fun Fact
We’ve long heard that we have to drink eight glasses of water each day to be healthy. However, experts busted that myth several years ago, revealing there’s no science behind this number. If you suffer from incontinence, though, it can be tempting to avoid hydrating. You may assume that if you drink too much, you’ll be more likely to have accidents. But dehydration can throw your body out of whack. Experts recommend six 88-ounce glasses of water every day to maintain health. You should also avoid sugary, carbonated and caffeinated beverages, as well as alcohol, all of which can irritate your bladder.
The Adult Diaper Buying Guide
- Absorbency is one of the most important features in incontinence garments, so you’ll want to look for maximum absorbency if you feel you’ll need it. Abena Abri-Form Comfort Briefs can absorb up to 32 ounces, while the Depend FIT-FLEX Maximum Absorbency Adult Diaper is extra absorbent, making these options ideal for postpartum bleeding and heavier incontinence.
- One issue for active adults is bulk. If you want a panty that won’t add too much extra thickness beneath your clothing, Depend FIT-FLEX Maximum Absorbency Adult Diaper may be the best choice. The cut of this adult diaper is similar to regular underwear, and the cloth material is more flexible than other types of incontinence undergarments.
- If you’re allergic to latex, Abena Abri-Form Comfort Briefs and Solimo Maximum Absorbency Adult Diaper are both latex-free.
- The four-way stretch waistband on Always Discreet Classic Underwear makes it incredibly comfortable.
- Those who have recently had an episiotomy will enjoy the fit of the Depend FIT-FLEX Maximum Absorbency Adult Diaper, which won’t irritate your skin while it’s healing.
- Some incontinence underwear is more like regular underwear, requiring you to merely step into the leg holes and slide up. Others are designed similarly to childhood diapers, featuring adhesive tabs. Brief-style underwear, like Depend FIT-FLEX Maximum Absorbency Adult Diaper, Solimo Maximum Absorbency Adult Diaper and Always Discreet Classic Underwear, are very popular, but some wearers prefer the ease of application of diaper-style designs like Abena Abri-Form Comfort Briefs.
- It’s important to look for underwear that contains odors, particularly if you’ll be wearing them in public. Solimo Maximum Absorbency Adult Diaper provides a dual odor-control system that contains all scents. You’ll also get odor control with Depend FIT-FLEX Maximum Absorbency Adult Diaper and Always Discreet Classic Underwear.
- Before you buy, you should take a look at the sizing. Depend FIT-FLEX Maximum Absorbency Adult Diaper comes in sizes from small to extra large to help you find the perfect fit. Always Discreet Classic Underwear has small to 2X sizes. Abena Abri-Form Comfort Briefs fit 28-inch to 43-inch waists.
- Leaks are no fun at all, but the leak guard built into Abena Abri-Form Comfort Briefs lives up to its promise, thanks to plastic backing. Its leakage barriers also go all the way to the edge.
- Another valuable feature on Abena Abri-Form Comfort Briefs is the wetness indicator, which lets you know when it might be time to change.
- Any time you have moisture close to your skin, you could be in for an uncomfortable experience, as well as skin irritation. Wicking action helps keep you dry. Abena Abri-Form Comfort Briefs, Solimo Maximum Absorbency Adult Diaper and Always Discreet Classic Underwear all feature great wicking functionality. Solimo Maximum Absorbency Adult Diaper uses a cotton top sheet to keep moisture away from your skin, and Always Discreet Classic Underwear has a RapidDry core to keep moisture at bay.
- The brief style of incontinence underwear typically isn’t unisex, so you’ll have to shop for your design preference if you opt for that style.