PrettyCare Sleeping Mask, 2-Pack
Last updated date: November 29, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Sleeping Masks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Sleeping Mask you should buy.
In our analysis of 220 expert reviews, the PrettyCare PrettyCare Sleeping Mask, 2-Pack placed 10th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note March 18, 2020:
Checkout The Best Sleeping Mask for a detailed review of all the top sleeping masks.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
With new PrettyCare eye mask, you will spend every night in comfort, and wake up every morning refreshed, relaxed and rejuvenated. Unique Adjustable Long Strap New straps design has a 3.5 inch range which can extend to at least 7.8 inch to fit to your head softly without tugging your hair, instead of forcing the mask into position like others Advanced 3D Technology to fit all sizes. Its extra large eye cavities ensure that mask will never feel cramped; instead spacious and cozy. Meanwhile its lightweight construction means that it will never feel oppressive for it only weighs 0.4 ounce and its only 0.6 mm thickness. In spite of it is thin, it will incredibly block all light for great sleep. 444 PrettyCare secret is our dedication to precision and luxury. Our mask comply to Oeko Tex Standards and the international high standards. We use precision CNC lathes to form completely smooth edge and firm joint for increasing your comfort and the durability How to maintain PrettyCare eye mask with high quality fabric can be washed repeatedly and it will not deform or mix Hand Wash: Avoid wringing Machine Wash: Use laundry bag to avoid deformation
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Sleeping Masks
Nothing can feel more luxurious than a midday nap. But unless you have a windowless bedroom or room-darkening shades, it can be hard to shut out the light so that you can get some sleep. This is especially problematic for night-shift workers who have no choice but to get those eight hours when the sun is at its brightest.
A good sleeping mask could be the cure to that problem. Finding the right sleep mask can be tough, though, since many seem to promise efficiency and comfort, only to fall through when you actually try them. You’ll want to prioritize a mask that’s comfortable while also blocking out as much light as possible. Combining those things is all in the material and design of the mask itself.
As you’re shopping, you’ll probably notice the masks that most effectively block out light cover a large surface area of the face. But when you’re covering your eyes, cheeks, and part of your nose, the last thing you want is a material that blocks air from circulating, leading to heat buildup during the hours you’re sleeping. Silk is one of the best materials for achieving that goal, keeping you cool while also providing the thickness you need to keep light out.
Another great thing about silk is that it’s soft against your skin. The best silk sleeping masks are padded, as well, for that extra cushioning you need as it conforms to your face. Look for 100% natural silk as opposed to silk blends that can reduce the benefits you get from the material.
Sleeping mask manufacturers will advertise all types of benefits from their products, so use your own discretion. Some say they help with migraines and headaches, but to get this benefit, many consumers recommend putting it in the refrigerator or freezer to cool it down before applying it. Perhaps the most accurate promise is that it will help with insomnia, but only if your sleep disruption is caused by too much light in your room.
DWYM Fun Fact
Napping can be a great way to get an extra energy boost during the day. If you’re napping because you can’t sleep at night, though, you may be better off skipping it. Studies have shown that insomniacs can actually harm their nighttime sleep cycles through daytime napping. Non-insomniacs should keep those daytime naps to less than half an hour if they want a burst of energy without waking up feeling sluggish and tired. Beyond that, you’ll risk falling into a deeper sleep that will have you waking up feeling worse than you felt before you dozed off. However, a 90-minute nap can give your body that full sleep cycle that will help you make up for a sleep deficit.
The Sleeping Mask Buying Guide
- The first question you’ll probably ask when shopping for a sleep mask is whether it actually does what it says. Look for a mask that covers the nose and eye area generously, keeping in mind that light often slips through near the bridge of the nose with sleep masks. Some masks also extend around your ears to slightly muffle sound.
- Comfort can be tough with something like a sleep mask since not all heads are the same size. Many sleep masks have an adjustable band to allow you to find the right size, but those with extra-large heads may find it tough to get the light blocking and comfort they need.
- The material of the sleeping mask plays a direct role in how comfortable it is. The most comfortable masks are made from silk. For best results, look for a mask with a 100% silk design.
- As comfortable as silk is, though, it can tend to slip around while sleeping. Make sure you choose one with a comfortable, adjustable band that will hold it in place.
- Although many sleep masks use elastic bands to allow you to adjust them, some are made with Velcro. Keep in mind that unless built correctly, both types of bands can get tangled in your hair, bringing unwelcome pain in the middle of your nap.
- Your sleep mask will need to be washed occasionally to keep it clean and reduce allergens. Many sleep masks are hand-wash only, especially those with padding. Even if you buy one that advertises it can be laundered, hang it to dry and wash it in a lingerie bag to maintain the material’s integrity.
- While you’re waiting for your sleep mask to dry, you won’t have it to use. For that reason, you may want to consider buying two of them to swap out.
- Some sleep masks are reversible, helping you get extra wear between washes.