Presto Belgian Waffle Bowl Maker
Last updated date: January 26, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
We looked at the top Mini Waffle Makers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Mini Waffle Maker you should buy.
In our analysis of 57 expert reviews, the Presto Presto Belgian Waffle Bowl Maker placed 6th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 9, 2020:
Checkout The Best Mini Waffle Maker for a detailed review of all the top mini waffle makers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
From The Manufacturer
Just bake and fill for hearty "eat the bowl" breakfasts and delicious desserts. Fill with fried chicken for a delicious hand-held chicken waffle taco. The filling possibilities are endless! Easy to use. Pour in your favorite waffle batter, close the cover, and bake for a 4-inch waffle bowl. No special batter needed. Use store-bought waffle mixes or homemade. Recipes included. Signal light indicates when waffle bowl maker is heated and ready to use. Nonstick grids assure easy removal of baked waffle bowls and easy cleanup. One year limited warranty.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Mini Waffle Makers
While waffle makers are mainly designed to produce delicious waffles for breakfast, they can actually be used to cook a host of other foods as well. For example, you can use a waffle iron to make grilled cheese, hashbrowns, quesadillas and even pizza. If you have children at home, you may wish to go with a mini waffle maker to create smaller waffles that are easier for little mouths to eat.
Determine how many mini waffles the machine is able to produce. If you have one or two children in the home, you may be okay with a waffle maker that cooks a single waffle. Larger families, however, will want to go with a model that makes four waffles at once.
Check that the waffle maker’s plates have a nonstick coating. Waffles can be very difficult to get out without this coating.
Look to see if the mini waffle maker has any safety features. Does it have a cool-touch handle, non-skid rubber feet to protect your counter surface or a latching or locking handle?
An indicator light is also a must. You can’t open the waffle maker to check if the waffles are fully cooked. You’ll be relying on that indicator light to let you know when the popular breakfast item is done and ready for consumption. Some models go a step further and have lights that let you know when the unit is preheated, when it’s cooking and when the food is ready for removal.
Finally, determine whether you want a basic waffle shape, or one that resembles a character that your children are familiar with. For example, you can buy a mini waffle maker that creates Mickey Mouse-shaped waffles.
DWYM Fun Fact
While we can’t know for sure when the first waffle maker was invented, we do know it was in existence since at least the 13th century. A waffle recipe was found in a document entitled “Le Ménagier de Paris.” In it, the author talks about using an iron to make the waffles.
Here are a few more facts you may find interesting about waffles:
- National Waffle Day is celebrated on Aug. 24 each year.
- According to the Guinness World Records, the largest waffle weighed over 110 lbs. It was constructed in the Netherlands by Stichting Gouda Oogst.
- Another Guinness World Record was set by Jeff and Jennifer Madden in Illinois for the tallest stack of waffles. It’s over 34 inches tall!
- Cornelius Swarthout was the first to file a patent for a waffle maker. He did so back in 1869.
The Mini Waffle Maker Buying Guide
- Some mini waffle makers don’t have an on/off switch. You’ll need to remember to unplug them as soon as you’re finished cooking the waffles.
- Many mini waffle maker models have short cords, so you’ll need to use them close by an outlet.
- It’s best to clean your mini waffle maker as soon as it cools down. Start with wiping the unit free of crumbs and excess oils using a damp cloth. If there were any spills on the exterior, you can get them next. Remove the plates and wash them in a pan of soapy dish water. If the plates aren’t removable, you’ll need to take care to wipe the plates down with a soapy dish rag followed by a rag that is only wet with water. Allow the waffle maker to air dry before you put it away.
- Mini waffle makers vary in price based on design and the number of waffles the unit is able to produce at one time. The DASH Mini Waffle Maker is basic in design and only makes one waffle, which is why it is one of the most affordable models on the market. The BLACK+DECKER Flip Waffle Maker and the Disney Mickey Mini Waffle Maker are moderately priced. Although they also only make one waffle, the BLACK+DECKER is more complex in design and the Disney model makes waffles that look like Mickey Mouse. The Burgess Brothers Nonstick Mini Waffle Maker is able to make four mini waffles at once, which is why it’s more costly.