Prestige Medical Stylemate Utility Nurse’s Scissor
Last updated date: April 7, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Nurse Scissors and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Nurse Scissors you should buy.
Update as April 7, 2021:
Checkout The Best Nurse Scissors for a detailed review of all the top nurse scissors.
These unique nurse scissors have a fun design on the blades with white and yellow daisies. They are autoclavable and can be sanitized.
In our analysis, the Prestige Medical Prestige Medical Stylemate Utility Nurse's Scissor placed 2nd when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Prestige Medical's unique fashion cuff prints coated on the scissor blades. Made from 420 surgical-grade stainless steel. Milled shear serrations. Autoclavable to 143 degrees Fahrenheit or 290 degrees Celsius.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Nurse Scissors
If you work in the medical field, it’s important to have a good pair of nurse scissors, sometimes referred to as bandage scissors. These scissors are unique because of their design. Instead of a straight blade like most scissors, the blade in nurse scissors is angled. This makes it easy to cut through bandages quickly and easily. The blade is also serrated, making the cutting action smoother.
The most common size of nurse scissors is 7 1/2 inches. This works for most adult hand sizes. However, you can also find smaller scissors, around 5 1/2 inches. Just make sure that the finger holes of the scissors are big enough for your digits.
If you are using the scissors in a medical capacity, then opt for a pair that are autoclavable. This means that they can be properly sterilized after using with the pressured steam inside an autoclave machine. If the scissors are not autoclavable, then they will begin to rust during this process. The steam can also cause the blades of the scissors to dull.
The Nurse Scissors Buying Guide
- Opt for durable materials when looking for the best nurse scissors. Metal alloy blades are your best choice as they can be sanitized and cleaned properly. Metals are also non-porous, so they will not retain bacteria. Stainless steel is a common material used to make nurse scissors. It is a highly durable metal that is autoclavable. Some professionals prefer bonded titanium because it is three times stronger than stainless steel and can cut through thick materials like leather.
- If you will be cutting through sticky materials like tape, opt for stainless steel nurse scissors that have a fluoride coating. This makes them non-stick. If there is no coating, it may be difficult to cut through sticky materials with ease.
- If you are looking for nurse scissors with padded handles, you will need to ensure that the padding is made from a non-porous material and that it can be sanitized. Otherwise, the padding material on the handles can carry bacteria, which may lead to infections if you are using them around open wounds.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide