Prepworks from Progressive Measuring Cups & Spoons
Last updated date: December 29, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Measuring Cups and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Measuring Cup you should buy.
Update as December 29, 2020:
Checkout The Best Measuring Cup for a detailed review of all the top measuring cups.
You'll be prepared for any recipe with this set of measuring cups and spoons. We love that this set has every single measurement you could imagine, from smidgen to pinch. All 19 pieces have long handles with clear labeling for easy measuring. Each piece is BPA-free and dishwasher safe.
In our analysis of 73 expert reviews, the Prepworks from Progressive Measuring Cups & Spoons placed 7th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Our Ultimate Measuring Set is the all-inclusive measuring collection for your baking and kitchen needs. This comprehensive measuring set is perfect for wet or dry ingredients. Easy to read standard and metric measurements are printed on each handle. The nine measuring spoons include 1/32 tsp, 1/16 tsp, ⅛ tsp, ¼ tsp, ½ tsp, 1 tsp, 2 tsp, ½ Tbsp and 1 Tbsp. and the ten measuring cups include ⅛, ¼, ⅓, ½, ⅔, ¾, 1, 1½, 1¾ and 2 cups. The large handles provide a more secure grip while the trio of red, gray, and white help for easier measurement identification. This set includes three storage rings for keeping the pieces together and is BPA free and Dishwasher Safe. **PLEASE NOTE: Each set will include a mixed assortment of red, white and cornflower, please view the images to see how the cup and spoon sizes can vary by color. For over 40 years, our mission has been to create innovative kitchen tools and gadgets that make food preparation fun and fast while inspiring culinary creativity. From our Thinstore Collapsibles to our sophisticated PL8 line, our dedication to providing quality products supported by superior customer service continues to drive our creative development today. At Progressive International, we continually strive to understand the needs of today’s cooks. Our team includes talented, energetic and passionate people committed to reimagining the kitchen. We strive to pass our passion on to our consumers through our thoughtfully designed tools, layered with our avid desire to go beyond the expected. Our philosophy is simple: offer stylish designs complimented by no-nonsense functionality. We understand the kitchen is the heart of the home, where families and friends connect. Our ongoing mission is to provide exceptional kitchen essentials that help cooks of all skill levels create meals worth sharing. Prep Solutions, Prepworks and PL8 continues to build on the Progressive legacy by offering products that make food prep faster, easier and more enjoyable.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Measuring Cups
If you’re surfing an urge to cook or bake, ride that wave and get started! But before you turn on the oven or fire up your stovetop, make sure you’ve got some of the most important cooking tools on hand: measuring cups.
Cooking is basically chemistry. You need the right ratios of ingredients to concoct the perfect meal, or else you’ll wind up with flavorless cakes and badly seasoned beef. Measuring cups and spoons guarantee a picture-perfect result.
Measuring cups for dry ingredients usually come in sets of five, with measurements from ¼ cup up to 1 cup. Some measuring cup sets go up to 2 cups, including every increment from 1 cup and above. They’re usually made from plastic or stainless steel. The measurements are printed on, painted on or etched into the cup’s handle.
Measuring cups for wet ingredients look like a pitcher. There may just be one large cup with many marked increments of measurements or a set of cups for different sizes. Liquid measuring cups are usually made from plastic or very thick glass.
Measuring spoons will help you add the perfect level of spice to your dish. They typically come in sets of six, measuring from ⅛ teaspoon to 1 tablespoon. They are also usually made from plastic or stainless steel, with measurements painted or etched onto the handle.
You’ll need measuring cups, liquid measuring cups and measuring spoons to make your favorite meals. Check out our Tips & Advice for more info on buying these kitchen staples.
The Measuring Cup Buying Guide
- Plastic measuring cups and stainless steel measuring cups each come with their own pros and cons. Plastic cups are less expensive, but they might not hold up as well in the dishwasher. Stainless steel cups and spoons will last much longer, but they’re usually a bigger investment up front.
- You can measure liquids with a set of dry ingredient measuring cups, but investing in a liquid measuring cup is well worth it. It’s much easier to view the measurement as you pour, you’re less likely to spill your liquids and many liquid measuring cups are freezer, microwave and oven safe.
- To accurately measure dry ingredients, add them to your measuring cup or spoon and level it off with the back of a knife. If a recipe calls for “tightly packed” ingredients, push as much of the dry ingredient as you can into the measuring cup or spoon, then level it off with the back of a knife.
- To accurately measure liquid ingredients, pour the liquid into the liquid measuring cup and place it on a flat surface. View the cup from the side and look for the liquid’s meniscus. (The meniscus is the slight concave curve in the liquid’s surface.) The bottom of the meniscus should line up with the measuring line. Some liquid measuring cups are designed with a piece of plastic that lets you read the measurement from the top. If you’ve got one of these cups, you can just read the measurement from there.
- Hand wash plastic measuring cups or place them on the top rack of your dishwasher. Stainless steel measuring cups and spoons should be fine in your dishwasher’s cutlery basket.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide