Prep Naturals Glass Divided Meal Prep Container, 5-Pack
Last updated date: January 12, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Meal Prep Containers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Meal Prep Container you should buy.
Editor's Note January 12, 2021:
Checkout The Best Meal Prep Container for a detailed review of all the top meal prep containers.
The glass build of these meal prep containers gives your food extra protection against freezer burn, even after a few days. The lid isn't microwave or dishwasher safe though, making these containers a bit more high-maintenance than other options. The borosilicate glass build is also environmentally-friendly and free of chemicals.
In our analysis of 30 expert reviews, the Prep Naturals Prep Naturals Glass Divided Meal Prep Container, 5-Pack placed 4th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Prep Naturals Glass Containers Big Changes Start with Smart Choices! Style meets function in these beautiful glass lunch containers with two compartments that will give you better control over your meals and help you save time and money. Made from super strong borosilicate glass, Prep Naturals Meal Prep Containers withstand temperatures up to 840F, being oven, microwave, and freezer safe. . Glass, Container, Food, Prep, Meal, Naturals, Storage, Fridge, Healthy, Kitchen, Durable, 2, 5 Help You Save Money & Time by Cooking at Home. Make food warming or freezing as easy as possible Allow you to better organize and control your meals Are recommended for portion control and 21-day fix Can be used for baking or cooking in the oven Encourage you to eat healthier food and keep your diet Are perfect for eating at the office or on the go *Please note that the lids are not microwave, oven, and freezer safe. We strongly recommend you to remove them before warming, cooking or freezing your meal. . Glass, Container, Food, Prep, Meal, Naturals, Storage, Fridge, Healthy, Kitchen, Durable, 2, 5 Glass, Container, Food, Prep, Meal, Naturals, Storage, Fridge, Healthy, Kitchen, Durable, 2, 5 Glass, Container, Food, Prep, Meal, Naturals, Storage, Fridge, Healthy, Kitchen, Durable, 2, 5 Versatility at its Best. Lunch boxes for adults Lunch box for men Freezable lunch boxes Lunch box for women Water proof lunch boxes Bento boxes Leakproof meal containers Food storage containers Uncompromised Quality. FDA and LFGB approved Odorless and taste neutral Dishwasher (top rack) safe Versatile and easy to use Leakproof, yet easy to open Let's Talk Features. Come in sets of 5 pieces Feature 2 compartments Measure 7" x 5.1" x 2.6" per piece Weight 1.6 lbs./piece and 8.9 lbs./set Have a volume of 29 oz Glass, Container, Food, Prep, Meal, Naturals, Storage, Fridge, Healthy, Kitchen, Durable, 2, 5 Over A Million Happy Customers. We care about You and the feedback we receive. We make our products with care and our family run business is committed to helping you reach your fitness goals and put a smile on your face.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Meal Prep Containers
If you pay attention to social media, you’ve probably noticed people referring to something called “meal prep.” Meal prep lets you make meals for days at a time, at your own convenience, refrigerating or freezing them until you’re ready to eat them. But before you can get started with meal prepping, you’ll need containers thick enough to keep foods fresh, but lightweight enough to keep them portable.
In addition to the materials in the container itself, the seal between the lid and the container is essential for freshness. This is especially true if you’ll be freezing your meals and thawing them later. Pay close attention to the seal before you make your purchase. This seal will also be essential if you’re taking your containers on the go with you. A leak could mean the contents spill into your laptop bag or backpack, creating a mess and changing your lunch plans.
Meal prep containers come in bundles for a reason. They’re designed for you to make multiple meals at once, then store them in your fridge or freezer. Stackable containers make it easy to store everything together. If you pack multiple containers in your lunch box, stackability will also come in handy. Make sure you choose a group of meal prep containers that fit well together to maximize your convenience.
When you think about how you’ll use your meal prep containers, you probably realize it’s essential that they’re safe to at least store in the refrigerator and use in the microwave. However, being able to freeze your food to keep it fresh longer is useful as well. Some meal prep containers can even be used in the oven, so that’s something to consider if you plan to reheat your food that way.
Portability can also become an issue, particularly if you’re looking for a container that insulates food well. As good as glass and thicker plastics can be at this, consider that this also may make it heavier to take on the go with you, especially if you’re taking more than one container at a time. Heavier containers may work better for those planning to meal prep for home use rather than for transport.
The Meal Prep Container Buying Guide
- If you pack multiple foods in one container, compartments are essential. Otherwise, your foods can blend together, affecting the taste experience. Some containers have compartments, while others don’t. Containers that have three compartments use one section for main courses and the other two sections for sides. You’ll also find food prep containers with two compartments that are typically equal in size. You’ll find the containers that are best for carrying casseroles and other one-plate dishes are the ones that only have one compartment.
- Before buying, consider whether you want a disposable meal prep option or if you’d rather have a container you can wash and reuse for years. Disposable models can simply be tossed in a nearby garbage can. These can be especially useful for temporary use, such as while traveling. However, you may prefer the cost savings and environmental friendliness you get from a reusable container.
- For reusable containers, it’s important to look at how easy they are to clean. Glass containers are typically dishwasher safe, but any plastic lids usually aren’t. That means you’ll have to hand-wash the lid. Just because a container is disposable, that doesn’t mean you can’t wash and reuse it until it wears out. Some disposable food prep containers are even dishwasher safe.
- Being able to pop your containers into both the freezer and microwave is essential while meal prepping. Enther Stackable BPA-Free Meal Prep Container, 20-Pack can be used in the freezer and microwave. Some models even allow you to store them in the freezer and heat them up in the microwave, oven or on an indoor grill. Although Prep Naturals Glass Containers are microwave safe, their lids aren’t, so you’ll need to take those off before you heat your food.
- The secret to meal prep is making sure your food still tastes fresh, even if it’s been in the freezer for days. The secret to that is in the seal. Look for a seal that locks tightly into place to prevent anything from getting in or out. Certain models have an audible snap closure that makes it easy to confirm that you’ve closed the container completely.
- Safety is important to many consumers, especially when freezing and reheating the foods you’re putting in your body. Make sure any plastic containers are made from BPA, PVC and phthalate-free materials and are 100% food safe. Prep Naturals Glass Containers are made from environmentally-friendly borosilicate glass, and Enther Stackable BPA-Free Meal Prep Container, 20-Pack are designed using high-quality BPA-free material.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide