POWERBLOCK 50 10-50 Pound Adjustable Dumbell
Last updated date: December 23, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Adjustable Dumbbells you should buy.
Update as November 29, 2021:
Checkout The Best Adjustable Dumbbells for a detailed review of all the top .
Instead of nine separate pairs of dumbbells, all you need is this one dumbbell set. It starts off at 10 pounds and increases in increments of 5 pounds. until you reach the maximum of 50 pounds. The dumbbells are flat on the bottom and compact, which means they're easy to store when not in use.
In our analysis of 195 expert reviews, the POWERBLOCK 50 10-50 Pound Adjustable Dumbell placed 4th when we looked at the top 16 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
PowerBlock 50 has a weight range of 10-50 lbs in 5 lb increments and replaces 9 dumbbells in the space of 1. Weight adjusts in seconds. Patented compact design keeps workout space neat and organized. PowerBlock 50 is not expandable. Pack big weight into small space with the PowerBlock® 50 lb. Adjustable Dumbbell Set. The advanced design reduces clutter and substitutes nine pairs of dumbbells in the space of one. Featuring a patented selector pin for easy adjustment, the set adapts like a selector stack machine you’d see at the gym. With a weight range of 10 to 50 lbs., this compact set allows you to sculpt muscles from the comfort of your home.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
When it comes to gym equipment, dumbbells are the most versatile. They are an excellent tool for building muscle, and they can be used by almost anyone. Whether you are a novice with a physical limitation or an advanced athlete, adjustable dumbbells can be incorporated into your workout routine. For example, you can use low-weight dumbbells while seated, or add pounds to the dumbbells to use while standing.
Perhaps the first feature you’ll want to look for when shopping for adjustable dumbbells is shape. While the majority of dumbbells are made up of the traditional wheels with a metal bar in between, there are models with a square or hexagon shape. There are several benefits to each design. For example, dumbbells that have a square shape will rest flat on the ground. That means you’ll be able to do push-ups off of them. Of course, the circular models may feel more comfortable to hold, depending on your preferences.
Next, determine your total goal in pounds for lifting weights. Look for a set of dumbbells that will allow you to work your way up to that specific weight. So if you want to max out at 50 pounds, you don’t want to buy a set of adjustable dumbbells that only offer a total of 40 pounds. Otherwise, you’d never reach your goal, or you’d have to fork over money for a new set of dumbbells.
While reviewing the total weight, you’ll also need to look for the starting weight and what increments the dumbbell set uses to work you up to your total goal weight. Are there 2.5, 3 or 5-pound increments? Is it easy to add each new weight to the dumbbell? You want to be able to work at your own pace to reach your desired results.
Make sure the set of free weights you’re interested in is made of quality material. It is common to see adjustable dumbbells made of metal, rubber or metal and rubber.
Consider whether the dumbbells have any special features. For example, some models have ergonomic grips so your hands don’t slip when you start to work up a sweat. You’ll also want to look for threaded collars that allow for a more secure fit, a finish that prevents rust and corrosion and weights that are compact enough to fit in your storage space.
The Adjustable Dumbbells Buying Guide
- To maintain your free weights and keep them in excellent shape, you’ll need to set them down carefully at the end of each session, instead of throwing them on the floor. Not only is this bad for the dumbbells, but it could potentially damage your floors as well. Equally as important is not banging the free weights together.
- Cleaning is also essential to your maintenance routine. Simply mix a little dish soap in warm water, and use the solution to wipe down your gear. Afterward, you’ll need to take a clean dry cloth and dry off the dumbbells. If you allow the weights to air dry, they may rust, so don’t skip this step unless your dumbbells are made entirely of rubber.
- Even though adjustable dumbbells can be used by almost anyone, it is still important to learn the proper form before attempting to exercise with the free weights. You’ll want to check out reputable online videos or consult with a personal trainer to learn the best way to use the equipment so that you don’t pull or injure your muscles in any way.
- Some adjustable dumbbell models come with expansion kits. For example, some dumbbells are up to 50 pounds, but workout enthusiasts who want to push themselves can often order a 70- to 90-pound expansion kit without having to purchase a whole new set of free weights. This is an excellent option to have if you think anyone in the home may eventually surpass their original goals.
- Look for the opportunity to connect to the company’s app. Bowflex has a free download that its customers can take advantage of. With the app, you can create a workout, follow workouts that are already downloaded to the app and track your progress in the area of physical fitness.
- The price for adjustable dumbbells varies based on features and the total weight offered. No matter what, you’re sure to find a set that fits your budget.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide