Post-it Brainstorming Portable White Board & Tabletop Easel
Last updated date: November 23, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top White Boards and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best White Board you should buy.
Update as November 21, 2022:
Checkout The Best White Board for a detailed review of all the top white boards.
In our analysis of 63 expert reviews, the Post-it Brainstorming Portable White Board & Tabletop Easel placed 18th when we looked at the top 19 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Our Expert Consultant
Artist and art educator
Artist and educator Amy Markham is the creator of Starling, a podcast dedicated to helping artists develop depth in their creative practice. A graduate of Virginia Commonwealth University, Amy has been an art educator since 2001. Today, she teaches middle school art at a school outside of Memphis, Tennessee. Her personal artwork explores myth-making and symbolic understandings. Through her brand, Starling Creative Living, she leads others to explore art production as a method for enriching their life experience.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On White Boards
A whiteboard, also sometimes called a dry erase board or marker board, allows users to write messages for other family members, notes on a lecture or a problem that needs to be solved. Once the task is completed, the board can be wiped clean with ease and a new task added.
“Whiteboards are great for ideation,” says art educator and artist Amy Markham. Her podcast “Starling” helps artists develop creative depth. “Whether it’s just you working on your own or your team brainstorming together, a whiteboard lets you create ideas and erase notes with a wipe of your hand.”
When shopping for a whiteboard, it is important to first determine whether you need just one or a pack. You can purchase single whiteboards, or you can opt for a set. Some sets are as small as 12 units, while others run as large as 32 units.
Next, determine whether you need to use the whiteboard on your lap, or place it on the wall next to your desk. If you prefer a model that gets installed on a wall, make sure it comes with all the mounting supplies. Double-sided Velcro strips are one of the fastest ways to mount a whiteboard.
If the whiteboard is meant to be used as a lapboard, look to see if it is double-sided. This allows you to flip the board over to continue working on the problem you are trying to solve. You also want this type of whiteboard to be light and easy to carry, as you may wish to take it to school or the library.
Check to see what accessories come with the whiteboard. Some models simply include the board itself and require shoppers to purchase specialty markers and erasers separately. They may even sell frames and marker holders that snap into place. Others come fully equipped with pens, pen trays, erasers and magnets.
The White Board Buying Guide
- You’ll get what you pay for with whiteboards. “There are inexpensive whiteboards made of melamine, which is good if the price is an important factor,” says Markham. “However, they are prone to staining. The glass and porcelain versions are more expensive but clean up nicely and will last longer.”
- Never try to clean a whiteboard with abrasive cleaners or sponges. These will scratch the surface and remove the coating that makes it so you can wipe the board clean.
- If your board loses its protective coating, you can add a coating of WD-40 to prolong the use of your whiteboard.
- Use a cleaner specifically labeled for use on dry erase boards when a wet cloth isn’t enough to remove all the marks on your whiteboard.
- A lint-free towel is best when wiping down your board, as it won’t leave any dust or lint behind.
- Use rubbing alcohol, shoe polish, hydrogen peroxide or toothpaste to tackle stubborn stains that are hard to remove.
- Only use markers and pens listed as safe for dry erase boards. Other markers and pens will permanently stain your whiteboard.
- It is important to take into consideration the number of whiteboards in a set and any included accessories when reviewing price. The Quartet Magnetic Dry Erase White Board is the most affordable of the bunch. You’ll pay the most for the Lockways Magnetic Dry Erase White Board.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide