PONFLY Multi-Function Universal Socket
Last updated date: June 17, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Universal Sockets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Universal Socket you should buy.
Update as February 7, 2022:
Checkout Put Anything Together With The Best Universal Socket Adapter for a detailed review of all the top universal sockets.
In our analysis of 10 expert reviews, the PONFLY Multi-Function Universal Socket placed 10th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Unique design automatically adjusts to any size or shape, suitable for standard 1/4 to 3/4inches and metric 7mm to 19mm screws, meeting all your needs, compact and easy to carry. It is perfect for automobile industry, home maintenance, manufacturing, construction and other industries, also favored by home decoration DIY design enthusiasts. Suitable for all types of nut bolts(rings bolts, square nuts, rotating hooks, hexagons, wing nuts, broken nuts, etc.) The universal socket is made of chrome vanadium steel, Each socket contains 54 steel spring pins, the hardness can reach 58HRC, compact and durable. Equipped with power drill adapter and wrench adapter, it is easy connect with most electric drills, electric screwdrivers and manual ratchet wrenches(pneumatic and hammer tools not including).
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Universal Sockets
A universal socket tool is made using a set of pins that depress to fit the form of any fastener that it is placed over. The tool then grips the fastener so that it can be removed. The benefit of this type of tool is that you won’t need to purchase a bunch of separate tools when working with different types of fasteners. Most universal sockets are able to grip everything from square nuts to hex nuts to eyehooks. They also remove nuts and bolts that have been stripped or worn down.
As you begin your search for the best universal socket, examine the construction of each model. You want to make sure it’s durable. The Tacklife Multifunctional Universal Socket, 3-Piece is made from a chrome vanadium steel with a hardness that can reach 56HRC. It also features a heat-treatment finish that adds an extra layer of protection against rust.
Check to see what size nuts and bolts the universal socket is able to handle. For example, the RAK Multi-Function Universal Socket Grip has 54 individual hardened steel spring pins that automatically adjust to fit 1/4- to 3/4-inch and 7- to 19-millimeter nuts and bolt heads.
Look to see if the universal socket comes with any adapters. You want to go with a model that has adapters that fit your electric drill, ratchet wrenches and electric screwdrivers. The KUSONKEY Professional Universal Socket Tool Set is one such model that offers this. Being able to attach the socket to your drill will significantly speed up the time it takes to remove fasteners.
Consider a universal socket tool that comes with extra features. For example, if you’re looking for a model that is more attractive, so you can give it as a birthday or Father’s Day gift, you’ll want to go with the Moongo Tool Standard Universal Socket. It comes in a choice of red, blue, black and silver and is neatly stored in an appealing package.
The Universal Socket Buying Guide
- Universal sockets are not only essential tools for individuals who work in construction or the automotive industry, but also for individuals who prefer to complete their own household maintenance projects. They are easy to use and eliminate the need to buy five different tools to match the specific type of fastener you’re trying to remove.
- Always store your universal socket in a cool, dry location that doesn’t receive a great deal of humidity. If you have no other choice then to store them in a hot garage, consider installing a dehumidifier.
- To protect your universal socket from dirt, dust and debris, it’s a good idea to place it in a storage case or the drawer of your tool chest. Since the socket and any adapters are compact, they won’t take up much room.
- Make it a habit to clean your universal socket once a month. You can purchase a container of stainless-steel wipes to make the cleaning process a cinch. It’s also possible to use a little WD-40 and a lint-free cloth if you already have those items on hand.
- When it comes to the price of a universal socket, you’ll find the price range between models is no more than $10. While the sockets are all quite affordable, you’ll pay the least for the Tacklife Multifunctional Universal Socket, 3-Piece. For just a few dollars more, you could go with the Moongo Tool Standard Universal Socket or the KUSONKEY Professional Universal Socket Tool Set. At the top of the list is the RAK Multi-Function Universal Socket Grip.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide