POLY & BARK High Density Foam Living Room Chair Furniture
Last updated: August 7, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Reading Chairs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Reading Chair you should buy.
The Italian tanned leather upholstery on this living room furniture piece is simply stunning and sure to draw the attention of any guest. The wide seating and feather down topper make the chair comfortable. You'll find the best thing about this chair is that it takes just 5 minutes to assemble.In our analysis of 30 expert reviews, the POLY & BARK High Density Foam Living Room Chair Furniture placed 5th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Full-aniline dyed Italian tanned leather upholstery. Non pigmented leather accentuating the natural beauty of the hide. Each hide is unique and will vary in depth of color. Corner blocked wooden frame with reinforced joinery. All wood is kiln dried to prevent warping. Solid wood legs in a mahogany finish. High density foam with polyester filling. Feather down topper on seating surfaces. Feather down and fiber blend seat-back cushions and bolsters. Pirelli webbing seat and back support. Loose, non-reversible seat and back cushions. Loose bolsters included. Simple assembly required (approximately 5 minutes).
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Reading Chair Rankings
Despite the many distractions now available, reading is still a popular pastime. In fact, 75 percent of U.S. adults say they’ve read a book in the past year, and the number of adults reading e-books is on the rise, as well.
Whether you read paperbacks, hardbacks or e-books, though, comfort is key. Some read in bed before turning in for the night. It’s a great way to relax and wind down, putting some space between the stresses of the day and much-needed sleep. Some curl up on the couch or on a swing on the front porch or back patio.
But a comfy reading chair can give you a designated spot in the house specifically for reading time. You can even insist nobody else use it but you. A true reading chair keeps you comfortable while you lose yourself in a great story.
The size of your reading chair is important, though. You’ll need to make sure you have enough room for it, so pay close attention to the dimensions before you buy. You can find reading chairs in a variety of heights and widths, and even some that are slimmer in width without sacrificing seating space. If you’re operating with limited square footage, this could be an option for you.
With a reading chair, you may want seating that seems to embrace you. Extra cushioning in the seat area with support for your back and plenty of padding on the armrests can make a big difference. But consider how you’ll want to position yourself while you read. If you like to recline, you’ll either need a reclining reading chair or a seat with an ottoman that puts you in the position you want.
Sturdiness is also important. You’ll want a strong frame with legs that don’t scratch your floors. If you are prone to spills, look for material that’s stain resistant as well as being easy to clean. This will give you the long-lasting piece of furniture you need for your home.
- Color is going to be a top decision when you’re looking at chairs. Some come with upholstery available in multiple colors that let you choose your look. This will help you blend with the rest of your décor.
- If you won’t be using a rug, look at the legs of your chair. You’ll want a chair that won’t scoot around on the floor beneath it, as well as one that doesn’t damage your floor. You can buy pads that will reduce sliding and protect your floors.
- Think about how you like to sit before you start shopping. Some seats are wide enough for you to sit cross-legged or snuggle with your child or pet. Others are narrower to give you that cradled feeling you crave.
- The frame material is important. Wood is always a durable option, but solid wood can be expensive. Make sure the frame is strong enough to support you over the years you’ll be using it.
- Look at the build of the seat cushion. This will be the area that gets uncomfortable first. Foam padding will help give you that extra support you need.
- If you opt for a recliner, look at how it opens and closes. Some have electronic mechanisms, while others operate using a hand lever on the side. Some recliners even open and close merely by moving your body to maneuver it, removing the need for a mechanism altogether.
- If you opt for a recliner, look at the options for reclining positions. Make sure the position you prefer while reading is covered.
- Any chair’s upholstery plays an important role in its functionality. You’ll want a recliner with material that’s easy to clean. Either you should be able to wipe it clean or remove the cover to wash it. If it features padding, you can clean your upholstery using special equipment and materials.