Pohl+Schmitt Stainless Steel Digital Baking Scale
Last updated date: October 30, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Digital Baking Scales and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Digital Baking Scale you should buy.
Update as November 20, 2020:
Checkout The Best Digital Baking Scale for a detailed review of all the top digital baking scales.
In our analysis of 58 expert reviews, the Pohl+Schmitt Stainless Steel Digital Baking Scale placed 7th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The new Pohl + Schmitt Digital Kitchen Scale is finally on the market! Made from stainless steel and superior components with a large auto shut off LCD display, this scale is a must have in your kitchen. Digital scales give better and much more accurate results than measuring cups, even if you are weighing your ingredients in a bowl. Measure from 0.1oz / 1g up to 11lbs / 5kg and make perfect and tasty meals every time. This kitchen scale is the right choice and inexpensive way to be healthier. (*** Please make sure to remove the rubber stoppers that are under the weighing platform before initial use. Those were added to protect the delicate electronics during shipping and are not needed***)
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Digital Baking Scales
While exercise is an important part of a person’s health journey, keeping track of your food intake is essential. A baking scale, also known as a kitchen scale, is one of the best ways to do this. A baking scale can also help ensure you follow baking recipes exactly, whether you’re making croissants, banana bread or other delicious baked treats.
As you browse available kitchen scale models, look for one that has a display screen that is easy to read. You also want the unit to be able to convert measurements. Other models also include a backlight to make the screen readable when the light in the room is dim.
Most of the time, you’re going to place food on your baking scale in a bowl or on a plate. The measurement that pops up will include the weight of that bowl or plate. Look for a scale that has a tare button that subtracts the weight of your container.
Baking scales can be left on a counter, however, individuals who live in a small space would appreciate alternative storage options. Some scales come with an attached hook for hanging on a wall or inside a cabinet.
Check for any extra features that may make one kitchen scale stand out above another. You’ll find models with sealed buttons for protection against accidental spills, as well as scales with the option of purchasing a separate dishwasher-safe stainless steel platform cover. There are also models that are available in a wide range of colors, so you can select one that matches your existing kitchen decor. Some scales are small enough to fit in your pocket, which means you’ll be able to take them with you when you travel.
The Digital Baking Scale Buying Guide
- It’s often best to use a small bowl or plate when using a kitchen scale. That way, you don’t obstruct the view of the LCD digital display screen.
- Some models automatically shut off after about two minutes. Keep this in mind if you plan on measuring multiple items, as you may want to work quickly or simply turn the unit back on each time.
- Some kitchen scales are set to weigh in two-grams increments, which means accuracy will be an issue if you’re following a precise recipe.
- Should a spill occur, all you need to do is wipe the kitchen scale down with a damp cloth.
- The price for kitchen scales doesn’t vary too much, and they’re very affordable.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide