Pluqis Premium Art Quality Colored Pencils, 24 ct
Last updated date: October 16, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Colored Pencils and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Colored Pencil you should buy.
Update as August 1, 2022:
Checkout The Best Colored Pencils for a detailed review of all the top colored pencils.
In our analysis of 70 expert reviews, the Pluqis Premium Art Quality Colored Pencils, 24 ct placed 16th when we looked at the top 18 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Unleash Your Creativity and Bring Your Artistic Vision to Life with Pluqis Colored Pencils! A play on the Indonesian word “Pelukis” (meaning: painting artist), Pluqis is proud to accompany your creative journey with our high quality 24-colored pencils. Our vision is to help bring out the art from the artist within you; thus, whether it is simple sketches or complex creations, it is our mission to help make your artistic vision into reality, taking it to a whole new level and show it to the world. To this end, we have carefully selected our materials from only the finest to bring you the best products in the market. Large Variety of Professionally Selected Color Palettes to Help You Create Your Masterpiece! Bring your artistic vision to life with Pluqis Premier Art Colored Pencils! With a range of 24 bright, vibrant colors, you are sure to achieve your masterpiece accurately and completely. Inside the box you’ll find colored pencils featuring 3.3mm thick, durable soft cores that are the artist’s choice for blending, shading and layering. Our product features: Soft core is perfect for shading and shadows Vivid, richly saturated pigments Made from non-rain forest wood Non-toxic and safe for children over 3 years old Smooth, even coverage and lightfast Thick, durable leads resist breaking Keep Your Pencils Safely Organized and Ready to Pack On the Go! Pluqis 24-color pencils come with a carton box that is perfect to securely store them in to ensure the leads don’t get broken when not in use or when transporting them. The pencils top are also colored and marked with color names to ensure that you can select the colour you want easily and be able to distinguish between similarly colored pigments. It doesn’t matter if you’re just learning to doodle, or if you are an experienced artist or sketcher looking for a high quality and reliable set of artistic equipment; Pluqis’ fully complete set is the perfect choice for everyone! Only The Best Quality For All Your Coloring Needs! Perfect for Adult Coloring Books Enjoy hours of relaxing and creative fun with a set of 24 carefully selected color palettes of adult coloring book pencils that will help you fill in every detail with precisely the right vibrant color. Non-Toxic and Safe for Children Pluqis colored pencils are manufactured with non-rain forest wood materials and nothing but the finest, safest, non-toxic materials so that all children over 3 years old can enjoy them! Easy to Sharpen with Strong Core With 3.3mm soft and yet strong lead cores, Pluqis colored pencils are engineered to resist crumbling and breakage when sharpened to a fine precision point. They also provide smooth color laydown.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Our Expert Consultant
Artist and art educator
Artist and educator Amy Markham is the creator of Starling, a podcast dedicated to helping artists develop depth in their creative practice. A graduate of Virginia Commonwealth University, Amy has been an art educator since 2001. Today, she teaches middle school art at a school outside of Memphis, Tennessee. Her personal artwork explores myth-making and symbolic understandings. Through her brand, Starling Creative Living, she leads others to explore art production as a method for enriching their life experience.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Colored Pencils
For children, colored pencils are a cornerstone of fun activities. They are used at home and at school to make whimsical pictures, complete homework and doodle aimlessly.
However, in addition to being popular with kids, colored pencils are now also part of an adult pastime. These days, you’ll find adults — professional artists and beginners alike — creating beautiful works of art using colored pencils. Available in dozens of colors, the pencils are used for drawing, sketching, shading and coloring.
Coloring can help adults exercise their creative side while relaxing after a long day of work. Many people find coloring enjoyable because they get to pick different hues, create eye-catching patterns and drawings and focus on an entertaining activity.
Whether you’re a fan of coloring books or you like to come up with your own designs, colored pencils can help you achieve exactly the look you want. You can press down hard on the pencils to create thick lines, or lightly shade certain areas for a totally different look. The options are limitless with colored pencils.
The Colored Pencil Buying Guide
- Regardless of whether you’re a professional artist or just dabbling in coloring, you’ll want to check the number of colors you get in a package when purchasing a set. For those that create intricate patterns and unique designs, you may be looking for a wide range of colors. If you already have many colored pencils and are just looking to add on a few additional ones, a smaller range of colors might work for you. The Prismacolor Premier Colored Pencils, 150-Count comes with 150 unique colors.
- “You can buy colored pencils in sets or singly,” says our resident arts and crafts expert, Amy Markham. She’s an art educator and the creator of the art podcast Starling. “If you use one color more than the others in a set you can easily replace that one without having to purchase an entire set again,” she notes.
- It can be frustrating when the core of the pencil breaks while coloring, and you have to pause your activity to sharpen your pencil. That’s why a break-resistant core is important for many coloring enthusiasts. Some sets specify a break-resistant core. Other sets of colored pencils have a thick and robust lead core, which makes it difficult for them to chip and crack.
- The core of your colored pencils also determines how useful they are for different drawing effects. “Hard-core pencils are best for creating sharp lines and drawing in details,” says Markham. “They are also great for lettering and outlines. Soft-core pencils are best for shading, blending and layering.”
- There are two main techniques for using colored pencils: layering and burnishing. Layering is generally used at the start by coloring different colors on top of one another to create unique shades and tones. Burnishing involves additional layering and blending the layered colors until the appearance is smooth and shiny. For many artists and coloring enthusiasts, being able to layer, shade and blend colors is a vital factor when choosing coloring pencils. If the lead core is too hard, then the pigment won’t blend in and shading will not be smooth. Some sets have a soft core designed to glide smoothly across the paper, while other models feature ultra-smooth and even color laydown.
- Having a box or case to store your colored pencils makes it easy to manage the clutter that can come from having dozens of pencils. There are colored pencils that come in a metal durable, double-hinged storage tin case. The Prismacolor Premier Colored Pencils, 150-Count comes in a standard packaging box, while the Crayola Erasable Colored Pencils, 50-Count comes in a peggable, see-through window box.
- For many people, professionals and novices alike, affordability is an important factor to consider when making a purchase. The Crayola Erasable Colored Pencils, 50-Count is a low-cost and very affordable option, while the Prismacolor Premier Colored Pencils, 150-Count is higher in price.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide