Play Platoon 5-In-1 Children’s Activity Table Set
Last updated date: February 25, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Children's Desk and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Children's Desk you should buy.
Editor's Note February 25, 2021:
Checkout The Best Children’s Desk for a detailed review of all the top children's desk.
There are so many activities that your kids can take part in with this children's desk that they may not know where to start first. The table has an inner storage area that can also be used for sand or water play. There's also a building block top for creating and a flat top for drawing and practicing letters and numbers.
In our analysis of 73 expert reviews, the Play Platoon Play Platoon 5-In-1 Children's Activity Table Set placed 6th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
5 IN 1 TABLE will entertain kids for hours as a water table, building block table, drawing and crafts table, sensory (sand, rice, slime) table, and storage unit. Inspires imaginative play as your kids splash, build, and create! INCLUDES 2 CHAIRS & 25 EX-LARGE BLOCKS for instant fun. Compatible and guaranteed tight fit with all major building block sets. BUILT TO LAST - This kids activity table set is strong, durable, and easy to switch from building block side, to smooth side, to water table. CONVENIENT STORAGE - Interior provides convenient storage for building blocks, craft supplies, water toys and more. GREAT GIFT for boys and girls ages 18 months and up. Inspires creativity and grows with the child. 20" x 20" x 17" table. Chairs are 18" high and the seat is 10" off the floor.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Our Expert Consultant
Parenting Pro and Safe-Sleep Expert
Kate Desmond is a writer and infant safe-sleep expert. She has spent the last eight years working as the marketing director for Charlie’s Kids Foundation, a nonprofit that aims to educate families about SIDS and safe sleep. In that role, she travels around the country learning and educating caregivers and providers on the latest and greatest safe-sleep information to prevent infant death.
As mom to two elementary-aged daughters, she spends hours researching the best and safest products for her own kids. She is quick to get in the weeds with other mamas, and uses humor to cope with parenting woes from potty-training to teaching kids to read. She writes about the ups and downs of parenting on her blog.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Children's Desk
Giving a child their own workspace not only promotes independence but also allows for a place for the child to express their creativity. Adding a children’s desk to your son or daughter’s bedroom is a perfect way to accomplish this. As you shop for the best children’s desk, there are a few features to keep in mind.
First, consider how your child will use the desk, says parenting expert Kate Desmond.
“A young kid will probably use it to create art and store treasures,” she says. “So, for little tots consider a desk with bigger storage, and a place to hold cups for art supplies. My second grader uses her desk nightly to do homework. And while a sturdy desk is still important, I also look for a good amount of paper storage, and a place to hold writing utensils. Desks that have USB ports and outlets earn extra points as children reach teenage years and need to charge their various bits of technology.”
Look for a children’s desk that is not only sturdy but also meets your student’s weight requirements. There are models made from solid wood, as well as units that feature solid steel frames. Desks constructed for smaller children often won’t exceed a 50-pound weight capacity, while those made for older kids can hold as much as 150 pounds.
Check the design next. You want the child to easily be able to get in and out of the desk, as well as have the desk and chair be comfortable to use. Look for a model that uses an ergonomic design that prevents slouching by promoting the correct body posture while in the seated position.
Safety is also important, so review the product labeling for any certifications or safety tests that have been performed on the children’s desk. For example, you’ll if you decide on a lift-top desk and chair, you’ll want it to have a hinged lid for safety, as well as a gap along the edges of the lid to keep tiny fingers from getting hurt.
“Look for something sturdy that won’t tip if climbed upon and lower to the ground for easy maneuvering,” Desmond adds.
Consider a model that is adjustable. This way, the desk can grow with your child. Some of these desks also offer plenty of storage as well. Kids can place their books and art supplies inside. Many even have indents within the desk for pens and pencils. While some desks only have adjustable legs, others have an adjustable seat and desktop that can tilt up to 40 degrees. This type of desk may be better for older children who need to switch from art projects to homework assignments.
Finally, keep an eye out for children’s desks that have a host of extras. For example, a desk that comes with a scratch-resistant surface and offers storage in abundance is a great buy. You may even find a built-in cup holder on the right and left side of the desktop. Other desks come covered in characters that are familiar to children.
Also consider using your child’s new desk to teach some other important life lessons, like how to keep an area tidy and organized.
The Children's Desk Buying Guide
- Wood is attractive, but also soft and easy to scratch. This type of desk may be better suited to older children.
- Keep in mind that sturdy models may be heavy and hard to put together.
- Most models are too hard for children to adjust, so parents will need to complete that task before the student can begin using the desk.
- While some children’s desk models come with all the tools and hardware you need to assemble them, others don’t. Make sure you know which tools you need before you buy.
- Most school desks and chairs can be cleaned with a little warm water, liquid dish soap and a rag. Wooden models would also benefit from a multi-surface cleaner that is designed to remove dust. Of course, it is always important to consult your product care label before the first cleaning.
- Verify that the company offers complimentary tech support in the event that you have trouble putting the children’s desk and chair together using the provided instructions.
- There are a few factors that influence the cost of a children’s desk. First, you’ll find the Melissa & Doug Tables & Chairs Set, 3-Piece on the lower end of the price scale. The Diroan Adjustable Height Children’s Desk and the POTBY Anti-Reflective Tabletop Children’s Desk are in the middle price-wise. The KidKraft Children’s Study Desk & Chair commands a higher price because it has more storage and a solid build.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide