Play-Doh Molding Fun Gift Set, 12-Pack
Last updated: October 4, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Play-Doh Gift Sets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Play-Doh Gift Set you should buy.
With this Play-Doh gift set, you get a total of 12 48-ounce cans of moldable dough. That makes it a great starter set for parents and preschool teachers. Kids can explore their creativity, as they use the Play-Doh to form everything from snakes to letters to pretend ice cream cones.
In our analysis, the Play-Doh Molding Fun Gift Set, 12-Pack placed 1st when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
There’s almost no limit to what your little ones will imagine and create with the Play-Doh 4-Pack of Colors 20oz Gift Set Bundle (12 Cans Total) – 3 Pack! With 12 bright colors to choose from, the Play-Doh 4-Pack of Colors 20oz Gift Set Bundle (12 Cans Total) – 3 Pack has almost every color in the rainbow. Let the creativity begin. For Ages 2 and up.
Play-Doh Gift Set Rankings
Play-Doh has come a long way over the years. Today’s kids have access to a variety of colors, molds and cutters that make it easy to create a wide range of projects. There are even kits you can buy that will walk them through the steps of creating all kinds of things.
Play-Doh comes in a wide range of colors and sizes. You can buy multiple colors in smaller cans for combining into one playtime. Smaller cans can also be handy for handing out to kids at your next birthday party or sleepover. You can buy them in multi-can sets to save money.
As fun as it can be to have a variety of bright colors, don’t forget primary colors and neutrals. If your children want to get started on some projects, having only neons and bold colors might be a problem.
Before you start shopping for Play-Doh, it’s important to pay close attention to allergies. Although Play-Doh is labeled nontoxic and nonallergenic, only you know your children’s specific allergies. Play-Doh has gluten, for instance, so children who have issues with gluten will likely want to stay away. You’ll also want to keep your Play-Doh safely out of reach of pets.
- Generally speaking, Play-Doh is designed for children ages 3 and up. But if you’re buying a kit that includes something other than Play-Doh cans, that recommended age range can easily change. Look at the minimum age for any Play-Doh you buy.
- Although some kits come with cutters and rollers, you don’t need it to start some projects. Cookie cutters and slotted spoons work great for creating shapes. For rolling dough flat, the hands work just fine. In fact, rolling and pounding Play-Doh can help younger children develop their fine motor skills.
- Play-Doh is now housed in containers and packaging that’s 100% recyclable. When you’re finished storing your Play-Doh in the containers, you can toss both the can and the lid in the recycle bin.
- If you don’t want to buy Play-Doh, you can make your own with just some flour, water, food coloring and a few other ingredients. You’ll need to cook the concoction to create that familiar Play-Doh consistency.
- If you’re buying a multi-pack set, note that often the Play-Doh cans in these sets are smaller than what you’d buy individually. Play-Doh comes in cans as small as 1 ounce, so make sure you’re getting the amount you need when you buy.