Play-Doh Magical Oven Gift Set
Last updated date: August 3, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Play-Doh Gift Sets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Play-Doh Gift Set you should buy.
Update as August 3, 2021:
Checkout The Best Play-Doh Gift Set for a detailed review of all the top play-doh gift sets.
Take playtime to the next level with this set, which features an oven that lights up to simulate a real oven heating up. The set includes five imitation baking trays and three cutters to help kids make baked creations, as well as a roller, knife, fork, spoon, plate and instructions to guide them through the process. You'll get six cans of Play-Doh in a variety of colors.
In our analysis, the Play-Doh Play-Doh Magical Oven Gift Set placed 2nd when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Ding! It's done! Aspiring chefs can experience the fun of baking without the heat and dirty dishes with this Magical Oven that features real lights and sounds. Simply put some Play-Doh compound in a pretend food attachment and place it in the oven, then press the lever and see the Play-Doh food ""bake"" almost like magic! The lights change from white to red as the pretend food finishes ""cooking"", then the oven makes a “ding” sound when it’s done! The 5 pretend food attachments include favorites like make believe muffins, crazy cake, pretend pie, and more. Add fun side dishes with the molds to customize the creations, and when finished, show them off with the plates and utensils. The creation card can help inspire your junior chef with even more fun things to make. With Play-Doh Kitchen Creations, the best ingredient of all is imagination!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Play-Doh Gift Sets
Play-Doh has come a long way over the years. Today’s kids have access to a variety of colors, molds and cutters that make it easy to create a wide range of projects. There are even kits you can buy that will walk them through the steps of creating all kinds of things.
Play-Doh comes in a wide range of colors and sizes. You can buy multiple colors in smaller cans for combining into one playtime. Smaller cans can also be handy for handing out to kids at your next birthday party or sleepover. You can buy them in multi-can sets to save money.
As fun as it can be to have a variety of bright colors, don’t forget primary colors and neutrals. If your children want to get started on some projects, having only neons and bold colors might be a problem.
Before you start shopping for Play-Doh, it’s important to pay close attention to allergies. Although Play-Doh is labeled nontoxic and nonallergenic, only you know your children’s specific allergies. Play-Doh has gluten, for instance, so children who have issues with gluten will likely want to stay away. You’ll also want to keep your Play-Doh safely out of reach of pets.
The Play-Doh Gift Set Buying Guide
- Generally speaking, Play-Doh is designed for children ages 3 and up. But if you’re buying a kit that includes something other than Play-Doh cans, that recommended age range can easily change. Look at the minimum age for any Play-Doh you buy.
- Although some kits come with cutters and rollers, you don’t need it to start some projects. Cookie cutters and slotted spoons work great for creating shapes. For rolling dough flat, the hands work just fine. In fact, rolling and pounding Play-Doh can help younger children develop their fine motor skills.
- Play-Doh is now housed in containers and packaging that’s 100% recyclable. When you’re finished storing your Play-Doh in the containers, you can toss both the can and the lid in the recycle bin.
- If you don’t want to buy Play-Doh, you can make your own with just some flour, water, food coloring and a few other ingredients. You’ll need to cook the concoction to create that familiar Play-Doh consistency.
- If you’re buying a multi-pack set, note that often the Play-Doh cans in these sets are smaller than what you’d buy individually. Play-Doh comes in cans as small as 1 ounce, so make sure you’re getting the amount you need when you buy.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide