Play-Doh Classic Playtime Gift Set, 36-Pack
Last updated date: July 8, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Play-Doh Gift Sets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Play-Doh Gift Set you should buy.
Update as August 3, 2022:
Checkout The Best Play-Doh Gift Set for a detailed review of all the top play-doh gift sets.
Ideal for classrooms and play groups, this Play-Doh gift set comes in 36 different colors, each in a 3-ounce can. Each can is easy to open, and the exterior packaging, as well as all the cans and lids, are recyclable. It's important to note that these aren't full-size cans of Play-Doh, but smaller sizes that can be mixed with other cans for a multicolor effect.
In our analysis, the Play-Doh Play-Doh Classic Playtime Gift Set, 36-Pack placed 3rd when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Over 6 pounds of Play-Doh compound. This Play-Doh Modeling compound 36 pack has 36 assorted colors in 3-Ounce cans for all your colorful creative needs, and there’s plenty for kids to share! Mega pack of Mega Play-Doh fun. Shape, squish, mix, and make it all. Great for lots of uses like classrooms, play dates, arts and crafts, party favors for kids, birthday gifts, or a Play-Doh refill. Shape your imagination. Squishy, bright, non-toxic Play-Doh compound sparks imaginations For kids 2 and up who love arts and crafts like Modeling clay. Easy-open, recyclable package. Ships in simple recyclable packaging that’s easy to open and frustration free, and the Play-Doh cans and lids are also recyclable to help build a more sustainable world!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Play-Doh Gift Sets
Play-Doh has come a long way over the years. Today’s kids have access to a variety of colors, molds and cutters that make it easy to create a wide range of projects. There are even kits you can buy that will walk them through the steps of creating all kinds of things.
Play-Doh comes in a wide range of colors and sizes. You can buy multiple colors in smaller cans for combining into one playtime. Smaller cans can also be handy for handing out to kids at your next birthday party or sleepover. You can buy them in multi-can sets to save money.
As fun as it can be to have a variety of bright colors, don’t forget primary colors and neutrals. If your children want to get started on some projects, having only neons and bold colors might be a problem.
Before you start shopping for Play-Doh, it’s important to pay close attention to allergies. Although Play-Doh is labeled nontoxic and nonallergenic, only you know your children’s specific allergies. Play-Doh has gluten, for instance, so children who have issues with gluten will likely want to stay away. You’ll also want to keep your Play-Doh safely out of reach of pets.
The Play-Doh Gift Set Buying Guide
- Generally speaking, Play-Doh is designed for children ages 3 and up. But if you’re buying a kit that includes something other than Play-Doh cans, that recommended age range can easily change. Look at the minimum age for any Play-Doh you buy.
- Although some kits come with cutters and rollers, you don’t need it to start some projects. Cookie cutters and slotted spoons work great for creating shapes. For rolling dough flat, the hands work just fine. In fact, rolling and pounding Play-Doh can help younger children develop their fine motor skills.
- Play-Doh is now housed in containers and packaging that’s 100% recyclable. When you’re finished storing your Play-Doh in the containers, you can toss both the can and the lid in the recycle bin.
- If you don’t want to buy Play-Doh, you can make your own with just some flour, water, food coloring and a few other ingredients. You’ll need to cook the concoction to create that familiar Play-Doh consistency.
- If you’re buying a multi-pack set, note that often the Play-Doh cans in these sets are smaller than what you’d buy individually. Play-Doh comes in cans as small as 1 ounce, so make sure you’re getting the amount you need when you buy.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide