Plastex Marine Vinyl Fabric
Last updated date: March 29, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Outdoor Fabrics By The Yard and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Outdoor Fabric By The Yard you should buy.
Editor's Note March 18, 2021:
Checkout The Best Outdoor Fabric By The Yard for a detailed review of all the top outdoor fabrics by the yard.
This vinyl fabric is 54 inches wide and sold by the yard. The material is vinyl, which has a durability you won't find with other materials. Because it's vinyl, though, you won't be able to fold it without leaving permanent creases.
In our analysis, the Plastex Plastex Marine Vinyl Fabric placed 5th when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Washing Instructions: Wipe With Damp Cloth. 54'' wide. Fabric is sold by the yard and cut to order. For example, order of 1 yard (Qty=1) is 54'' x 36''. Order of 3 yards (Qty=3) is 54'' x 108''.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Outdoor Fabrics By The Yard
Outdoor furniture can be subjected to plenty of daily abuse. Even if your furniture is under a covering, the dirt and moisture in the air can start to wear on the fabric, making it tough to keep in good shape. You can clean it regularly, but dirt will still get embedded in the cloth fibers.
It gets even rougher if your outdoor furniture isn’t covered. Not only does it endure direct exposure to rain, sleet, snow and other weather conditions, but the sun bears down on it all day, every day. Over time, that can cause the dyes in fabric to fade.
The good news is, recovering outdoor furniture is pretty simple. You can do the work yourself or pay a professional upholsterer to handle it for you. Whichever option you choose, you’ll need to find a fabric that will not only look great now but will hold up over the coming years.
Canvas is one of the most popular fabrics for outdoor use. It’s waterproof and easy to clean while also being able to handle sunlight exposure. You may associate canvas with a neutral khaki color, but canvas fabric is available in a variety of colors and patterns, including some that are very bright and colorful. If you shop around, you can find a fabric that will achieve the look you want while also being durable.
The Outdoor Fabric By The Yard Buying Guide
- For outdoor areas, waterproofing is essential. Make sure you choose a fabric that will hold up with daily moisture exposure, even if it won’t be out in the open.
- Although most of the fabric you can buy lets you customize the length, the width will typically be in the 54- to 60-inch range. Measure the area to be covered carefully before you order.
- Fade resistance is essential with outdoor fabric, particularly if it will be exposed to direct sunlight all day, every day. Canvas typically holds up well, but if you go with another type of fabric, make sure it has some UV protection built in.
- Occasionally, you’ll want to give your fabric a thorough cleaning. Some fabric can be removed and cleaned in the washing machine. If you prefer that feature, look for fabric that allows for that. You’ll likely want to tumble dry on low heat.
- Duck canvas is more tightly woven than standard canvas and can often be more comfortable. For that reason, it’s often used for items like hammocks. For reupholstering seat cushions, it might be a more enjoyable option.
- Vinyl can be more fade-resistant, but it’s also more prone to developing creases than canvas. That might make it a better option for other outdoor projects than for upholstering areas where you’ll be sitting.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide