Plackers Grind No More Disposable Night Guard For Teeth Grinding, 10-Pack
Last updated date: May 11, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Night Guards For Teeth Grinding and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Night Guard For Teeth Grinding you should buy.
Update as May 11, 2022:
Checkout The Best Night Guard For Teeth Grinding for a detailed review of all the top night guards for teeth grinding.
This night guard is ready to use right out of the package, with no boiling or microwaving required. The one-size-fits-all design is thinner than other night guards, offering a less bulky experience. You’ll get up to 10 dental guards that can be rinsed and reused up to three times each for 30 days of nighttime protection.
In our analysis of 19 expert reviews, the Plackers Grind No More Disposable Night Guard For Teeth Grinding, 10-Pack placed 2nd when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Disposable: Includes 10 dental guards with up to 30 uses. Grind No More: Featuring patented clench and grind absorbing bite plates to stop you from grinding your teeth during the night and to increase peaceful sleep. Comfort: Plackers dental night guard provides the ultimate comfort for your teeth during sleep with a one size fits all design for upper or lower teeth. Ready To Wear: Plackers grind no more night guards are individually packaged and ready to wear as soon as you receive them with no boiling, cutting or molding required! BPA Free: Each disposable Plackers dental night guard is BPA free and is not made with natural rubber latex and is completely hygienic with use up to 3 days.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Night Guards For Teeth Grinding
Stress can hit you in a variety of ways, some of which you might not even realize. Perhaps the biggest effects come when you climb beneath the covers, preparing for a full night of sleep. But insomnia isn’t the only negative by-product of all that stress you’re suffering. Many consumers don’t even know until a dental visit that they’re experiencing a condition called sleep bruxism.
What is sleep bruxism? It’s a fancy term for grinding your teeth at night while you sleep. Dentists reported an increase in cases during the worst of the COVID pandemic, and studies have connected teeth grinding to stress. Persistent teeth grinding can cause wearing of the enamel on your teeth, exposing deeper layers and causing dental issues and increased sensitivity. You may also suffer from otherwise unexplained headaches, jaw and face pain or general sleep disruption.
Night guards have long been prescribed by dentists to reduce the negative effects of sleep bruxism. These guards are made from a soft but durable plastic that offers a cushion between your upper and lower teeth. This prevents enamel damage and lessens the general discomfort that comes from grinding throughout the night.
But these protective devices aren’t just useful for teeth grinding. Some can even help reduce snoring, since they widen your airway, reducing the vibration that occurs while you sleep. While this is no substitute for a sleep study to determine the root cause of your snoring, it can be an added bonus if you already suffer from sleep bruxism.
Initially, night guards required a visit to your dentist, who would take a mold of your teeth and order a custom-designed guard. This took time and wasn’t cheap, leading some to put off treatment. But today, you can find night guards that you can customize yourself. Some feature a one-size-fits-all design, while others simply have you heat the mouthpieces in the microwave or by boiling on the stove. This is a quick, easy solution that can help you find immediate relief.
The Night Guard For Teeth Grinding Buying Guide
- Some night guards come with an extra tray for teeth whitening. This can be an added benefit if you’re planning to whiten your teeth already.
- Some night guards feature a one-size-fits-all construction that allows you to skip the customization process. You might find, though, that you don’t get quite the same experience as you would with a customized mouth guard. It might be worth a try to see if it works.
- With many night guards, you simply heat the plastic, then fit them over your teeth and wait for them to conform. This is a quick and easy process that can be done in your microwave or by boiling them in water on the stove. Customization instructions should be included with the night guard you buy.
- The best fit will likely come from the types of night guards that have you fit a mold over your teeth, then send them off to have the mouth piece made. This takes a little extra time, but it’s something you can do without your dentist’s help.
- Thickness is a consideration when you’re choosing night guards. A thinner build might be more comfortable, but it’s worth getting used to a slightly thicker option. The thickness will give you extra protection.
- Germs can build up on your mouth piece with regular use. It’s important to thoroughly clean First, rinse your night guard with warm water immediately after taking them out of your mouth upon waking. Use your toothbrush to scrub away any remaining debris and let them thoroughly dry before putting them back in the case. At least once per week, deep clean your night guard using either an over-the-counter denture cleaner or a mixture of vinegar and hydrogen peroxide.
- You can purchase antibacterial cases if your night guard doesn’t come with one. This will serve as a safe place to store them between uses.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide