Pinnacle Mercantile Screw-Top 16-Ounce Plastic Mason Jar, 6-Pack
Last updated date: September 1, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Plastic Mason Jars and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Plastic Mason Jar you should buy.
Update as September 1, 2021:
Checkout The Best Plastic Mason Jar for a detailed review of all the top plastic mason jars.
This set of six plastic, regularly-sized mason jars is lightweight and made from impact-resistant material. The jars are also freezer-safe and perfect for storing dry goods. Lids are ribbed along the sides for easy opening.
In our analysis, the Pinnacle Mercantile Pinnacle Mercantile Screw-Top 16-Ounce Plastic Mason Jar, 6-Pack placed 4th when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
A perfect solution for organizing any area in your home or shop. Our 16 ounce 1 pint by liquid clear plastic jars are clear as glass but are lighter in weight than glass jars and are impact resistant. Our caps feature a foam liner, which helps protect against odors and will not impact the taste of any food items you store. They are made out of Polypropylene (PP) and feature ribbing on the sides for easy opening. PET plastic does not have a high temperature resistance, less than 120 degrees so they are not dishwasher safe or microwave safe. But they can be placed in the freezer up to -30 degrees. The recycle code for PET plastic 1. The diameter of the jars are 3 1/16 inches with a height of 5 inches with the cap on. We shrink wrap these to protect them. Plus both the jars and caps are made in the USA. In fact, 95% of the products Pinnacle Mercantile sells are made in the USA.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Plastic Mason Jars
If there is a food storage container all cooks should have in their kitchens, it’s the mason jar — a highly versatile vessel that can be used for countless applications. Sure, mason jars are great for canning and preserving, but they also come in handy for storing both dry and wet ingredients. Mason jars are also affordable, usually available in large packs for a competitive price. Plus, they are durable and sustainable and a perfect reusable container option.
Those who want to upgrade the durability of their mason jars should look for plastic ones, which are shatterproof. As with regular glass ones, many plastic mason jar varieties can also be used for canning and preserving. Others are best for dry storage. They are easy to place anywhere and often use inter-changeable lids if they have the same size mouth. Plastic jars also provide you with a clear view of the contents.
Plastic mason jars typically come in sets of varying quantities, from three jars to 15 jars or more. Decide how many you need for your various tasks so you can purchase the right amount for your kitchen.
The Plastic Mason Jar Buying Guide
- Not all plastic mason jars are designed for the same purpose. Some plastic mason jars can be used for canning and preserving, while others are only suited for dry pantry storage (and cannot be sealed). Some are best used as drinking vessels while others function like fridge storage containers. Before you buy plastic mason jars, be sure to consider how you want to use them long-term. If you have multiple uses for them in mind, go with ones which offer the most versatility. These are likely the plastic mason jars that can be used for canning and preserving.
- The traditional capacity of a mason jar stands at 16 ounces, but glass and plastic mason jars are available in different sizes as well. Consider how you want to use them to figure out the ideal size for you. Common non-traditional sizes include 8 ounces and 20 ounces.
- Some plastic mason jars come with screw-on metallic lids, while others have screw-on plastic lids. The plastic lids should only be used for dry storage or fridge storage. If you want to use your plastic mason jars as drinking vessels, look for lids that have a straw hole in the center.
- Note that your plastic mason jar may not be dishwasher-safe.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide