Pink Miracle Leather & Nubuck Shoe Cleaner Kit
Last updated date: September 16, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Nubuck Cleaners and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Nubuck Cleaner you should buy.
This cleaner works with a wide range of shoe material types, including canvas, leather, vinyl and plastic. But it isn't limited to shoes. It's also safe to use for cleaning household items like rugs, armchairs and couches. In our analysis of 32 expert reviews, the Pink Miracle Pink Miracle Leather & Nubuck Shoe Cleaner Kit placed 2nd when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 16, 2020:
Checkout The Best Nubuck Cleaner for a detailed review of all the top nubuck cleaners.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
From The Manufacturer
The ORIGINAL Shoe Cleaning System: Pink Miracle Shoe Cleaner has been around since 1985, and the great formula is the number 1 choice for sneakers and shoes. Whether you are a sneaker head collector or simply want to clean your shoes to provide a professional new look. All in One Shoe Cleaner and Conditioner: A SAFE Concentrate containing saddle soap, gentle oils and conditioners. WORKS ON All WASHABLE (Meaning you can Wet the Fabric and lightly scrub) leathers, vinyl, nubuck, suede, canvas, cloth etc. Since its non-toxic there's endless uses and due to the fact it is a concentrate a little amount (size of a dime) goes a long way. Unsure of your fabric? Test in small area first - Or send us a Message : ) JUST A FEW DROPS (Please Read Directions on Bottle): This is a shoe cleaner CONCENTRATE - A little goes a long way. Follow instructions on the bottle and keep shoes ( Nike, Jordans, Vans, etc.) bike, black, white, sandals, boots, espadrille, and fabrics looking new again. Kids enjoy seeing the results of once dirty shoes now brand new again! Pairs well with your favorite shoe spray! MADE IN THE USA: from New Quick Fit, the shoe cleaner comes with a FREE BRUSH. The Pink Miracle shoe cleaner is a great household cleaning solution and has been a secret weapon for home cleaning supplies, work offices, and athletes for years. SEE WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING: One Bottle Can Last Years! So, grab one for yourself and buy a few for your friends and family Now! Pink Miracle Shoe Cleaner ~ A Great Gift~
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Nubuck Cleaners
If you’ve ever shopped for a leather coat, handbag or pair of shoes, you know there are many different varieties of leather. One of those types, nubuck, is frequently confused with suede due to its extremely soft texture.
Nubuck is made from the top layer of calfskin or cowhide, which is a tougher and more resilient material than the layer beneath that’s used for suede. Manufacturers buff and sand nubuck to give it a consistent look, which softens it to a velvety texture, giving it that suede-like look and feel.
But even though nubuck is tougher than suede, its rough surface does tend to absorb oils and dirt more than other types of leather. That means if you have nubuck leather, you’ll definitely need to keep a cleaning solvent of some type on hand.
To clean nubuck leather, first use a dry brush to remove any surface dirt. A suede eraser can be a great second step in eliminating soil from the outermost layer. This two-step process will help keep you from grinding that dirt into the material when you start applying cleanser to it. At that point, you’re ready to start applying cleanser. Follow the directions on the solution. If it calls for a cloth to apply it, make sure you use one that is lint-free. Once you’ve treated the area, use a lint-free, dry towel to blot away as much moisture as you can before allowing the material to air dry.
No matter which solvent you choose to clean your nubuck, it’s always best to test it on a small, less-visible area before applying it to the stain. You may find that cleaning it changes the texture of the nubuck. To return it to its original softness, run a suede eraser or dry brush over the area.
DWYM Fun Fact
Wallpaper may not be as widely in use as it once was, but at one time, wall coverings were a symbol of wealth. What better way to flaunt your financial status than by outfitting your home’s walls with leather? This began as something called Cuir de Cordoue, which was typically made from lambskin and embossed and gilded before being hung on the wall.
Cuir de Cordoue was introduced in eighth-century Spain, gradually growing in popularity and spreading to Europe by the 11th century. Today, you can cover your walls in faux suedes and leathers, and genuine embossed leather wallpaper can mostly only be found in history books.
The Nubuck Cleaner Buying Guide
- Although you can find nubuck cleaner, there are plenty of solutions that will work with a wide range of leathers and other materials. Just make sure the cleanser is safe to use on nubuck before you get started. Suede cleaners are typically a safe option.
- With boots of any type of leather, you’ll want to remove the insoles after you’ve worn them. They will have difficulty drying inside the boot and eventually begin to develop an unpleasant odor.
- If your nubuck is exposed to water, either through rain or another source, try to let it dry for at least 24 hours before wearing.
- Cleansers will open the pores of your nubuck, leaving them more vulnerable to dirt and debris. It’s best to follow up cleanser with some type of leather or suede protectant.
- If the inside of your boot gets wet, absorbing the moisture with newspaper for a half an hour or so can help wick some of that away.
- Never set leather near a heat source to dry. Leather is vulnerable to hotter temperatures. It’s best to let them dry at room temperature.
- You can save time by buying a leather cleaner that also has protector built in. Instead of having to apply multiple coats, you can do everything in one step.
- You may find that a multipurpose cleaner gives you more bang for your buck. Some leather cleansers also clean canvas, vinyl and other shoe materials, as well as household items like sofas and rugs.
- If you buy a kit, make sure you have somewhere to store everything. Kits that come with a zippered bag or pouch make it easy to take everything on the road with you when you travel.
- Some leather cleaners and protectors can leave a residue behind. You can often brush this residue off, but make sure you won’t end up with a tacky surface when you need to remove a stain and protect your leather.