Pillowflex Ultra Soft Allergy-Free Pillow Insert
Last updated date: January 6, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Pillow Inserts and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Pillow Insert you should buy.
Update as January 6, 2023:
Checkout The Best Pillow Inserts for a detailed review of all the top pillow inserts.
Add a decorative touch to your bed set, living room sofa or bench seating with this pillow insert and any stylish cover. The insert measures 20 inches by 20 inches and is best used with 18 inch by 18 inch covers. It's filled with a faux down polyester fiber that is both soft and supportive.
In our analysis, the Pillowflex Pillowflex Ultra Soft Allergy-Free Pillow Insert placed 2nd when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Ultimate in softness and versatility | Give your home’s shams a touch of class that will last for years | Use the Pillowflex pillow insert anywhere in your home that may need a pillow… couch, sofa, love seat, beds, day beds, reading nook. You will even love sleeping on it. We manufacture 60+ sizes of pillow inserts to fit any pillow cover including accents, shams, travel pillows, lumbar pillows, bed pillow cases and even kid sizes! PERFECT SIZE: Please use proved size chart image! Start by measuring your shams, pull tight along the outer seam and measure corner to corner, this should be done for all shams even if size is marked. Please note your insert must be larger than your sham to correctly fill the corners of the sham and give them a nice full look. This 20″x20″ inch pillow insert is recommended for use in a 18″x18″ inch sham. ALLERGY FREE: Our ultra soft pillow is made from a faux down polyester fiber that has the same feel, weight and characteristics of traditional down. Our line of synthetic pillow forms are cruelty free with no feathers to poke you. These pillows are odorless, lint and dust-free, and free of flame retardant chemicals. ULTRA SOFT: Our line of pillow form inserts are made with a slick polyester fiber to keep it soft, smooth and lumpy free. The super soft pillow has the traditional heavy weight and karate chop look that comes with natural down. The pillow shell is made in house with a high thread count poly cotton blended cloth fabric. Give your home’s shams a touch of class that will last for years. MADE IN USA: Our super soft and plush pillow is proudly made in Palmetto, GA. We use American-made synthetic down fibers and make our own polyester-cotton blend shell. Support American Manufacturing by purchasing one of our premium sham pillow inserts.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Pillow Inserts
It is important to buy the right-sized pillow insert for your pillow sham, otherwise it will look either too full or not full enough. To determine the ideal insert size for you, use a measuring tape to measure the pillow sham from one side seam to the other. To make the pillow feel plumper and firmer, you can choose an insert that is one size larger than your pillow cover.
Some people prefer down filling, but pillows of this type may be too soft for others. The ideal ratio is 75% to 90% feathers and 10% to 25% down, which provides a good balance between softness and firmness. Those who are allergic to feathers or down have plenty of other choices, like polyester filling.
If your pillow sham has a zipper, be careful when stuffing the pillow insert inside. When too much pressure is used, the zipper could break, or the stitches could come out. Some pillow shams are made of delicate materials like silk, and once damaged, they cannot be easily repaired.
The Pillow Insert Buying Guide
- Here is an example of how to buy your insert one size up: if the pillow cover measures 11 inches by 11 inches, buy a 12-inch-by-12-inch pillow insert.
- If your inserts arrive in a vacuum-packed container, they will need time to fluff up. Open the packages and let them sit out for a few days. You can also put them in the sun for one day to aid with the expansion process.
- Once you put an insert into your sham, keep your hands inside and gently tug the insert’s corners to meet the sham’s corners. Straighten out and fluff as needed.
- When washing your pillow shams, note that you can remove the pillow inserts some of the time and not wash them to cut down on wear-and-tear. If you’ve spilled something on the pillow that has soaked through, however, or if it’s been awhile since you’ve washed the insert, you might wish to also launder them.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide