PicassoTiles Assorted Colors High Transparency Magnetic Tiles, 100-Piece
Last updated date: November 15, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Magnetic Tiles and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Magnetic Tile you should buy.
Update as November 15, 2021:
Checkout The Best Magnetic Tiles for a detailed review of all the top magnetic tiles.
You'll get 100 magnetic tiles in this set, each in bold, bright colors to make it easy and fun to build structures. The magnets are strong enough to hold a connection even as you make taller creations like skyscrapers or rockets. The tiles are recommended for ages 3 and up and can be used for solo or group playtime.
In our analysis of 18 expert reviews, the PicassoTiles Assorted Colors High Transparency Magnetic Tiles, 100-Piece placed 1st when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
DREAM BIG & BUILD BIG: No limitations, scalable to build as big as desired by adding more pieces to create the master piece. PicassoTiles in colossal styles. LEARNING BY PLAYING: Never too early to start developing kids creativity. Children can acquire strong sense of color, geometrical shapes including 3D forms numbers counts, magnetic polarities & architectural design at early age. BONDING BY PLAYING: Entertaining for single or multiple parties and feel the sense of achievement together. Suitable for all ages (3+ and up) by one party of in groups a great way to spend quality time with the family and love ones. LEARNING IS FUN: Encourage creativity which is the key factor to success in today's ever-changing environments. Fun and entertaining, perfect educational presents for school age children that will never go out of style. CREATIVITY BEYOND IMAGINATION: Magnet Building Tiles Clear 3D color Magnetic Building Blocks Playboards for preschool, pretend play and more. Easy to construct and easy to put away for storage.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Magnetic Tiles
Children have no shortage of options these days when it comes to playtime. There are traditional toys like dolls, along with modern games and playthings that come with built-in electronics.
But one thing never changes over the years: Parents are always looking for toys that will help their children use their imagination while also having fun. In recent years, magnetic tiles have become popular for parents of children ages 3 and up.
The concept of magnetic tiles is fairly simple. You get a set of small plastic tiles, each with a magnet attached. The magnets help the pieces stick together so children can organize them in different arrangements. Magnetic tiles can be used to build airplanes, animals, castles or anything else a child can imagine.
If you’ve shopped for magnetic tiles, you might have noticed that they vary in price. Some bear brand names that make them more expensive than others, but if you shop around, you can find quality alternatives for less. It’s important to determine the features that make a magnetic tile set superior before you start shopping to make sure you’re getting all the features you want for the price.
Tiles have plenty of educational benefits outside of simply sparking a child’s imagination. They’re often marked as STEM-friendly due to their relevance to science, technology, engineering and math disciplines that so many schools prize. Magnetic tiles, in particular, help with the engineering part of that, introducing children to the basics. You can also find magnetic tiles with non-magnetic cards to help children learn counting and spelling. For younger children, this can be a great way to supplement what they’ll learn in school.
For many parents, though, safety is the top priority. The type of plastic is important, especially if you’re concerned about toxins. You can find tiles made from non-toxic, BPA-free plastic, but you’ll also want to make sure the magnets are safe and the edges of the pieces are rounded to reduce injury risk.
The Magnetic Tile Buying Guide
- Most magnetic tiles are recommended for ages 3 and up, but look closely at the age recommendation before buying.
- Magnets can vary in their strength. Some are stronger than others, and weaker magnets may limit the structures your little one can build with the tiles.
- Children’s toys are reviewed by the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission to ensure they’re safe for children under the age of 12. This certification looks specifically for harmful levels of lead and phthalates. If you’re concerned about this, shop for products that are labeled CPSIA certified.
- If you have a light table handy, setting your child’s projects on top of it can create an interesting effect with some magnetic tiles that makes it seem like the tiles are glowing.
- Magnetic tiles are sold in large quantities. Typically, you’ll get 100 pieces or more in each set. Storing all of that can be challenging. If your tiles don’t come with a storage bag, you might want to look for a bag or container to keep them in.
- Any magnetic tile set will have a variety of shapes. Usually, you’ll get squares, circles, hexagons and other shapes. Some sets come with accessories like educational cards and pieces with attached wheels.
- The durability of magnetic tiles can vary. Look for a sturdier plastic and high-quality ceramic magnets if you want a set that will last through many years of play.
- Some sets come with instruction manuals with suggestions for projects that your children can build. This can kick off the fun and help your child get comfortable with building structures.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide