PHF Waffle Weave 100% Cotton Sham, 2-Pack
Last updated date: May 2, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Cotton Shams and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Cotton Sham you should buy.
Editor's Note May 18, 2020:
Checkout The Best Cotton Sham for a detailed review of all the top cotton shams.
In our analysis, the PHF PHF Waffle Weave 100% Cotton Sham placed 8th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Made from 100% COTTON with WAFFLE WEAVE for classic comfort and a modern look. This expertly tailored pillow sham is soft to the touch. Waffle weave on the front with a cotton back in matching colors.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Cotton Shams
While traditional pillowcases are best used with pillows you plan to sleep on, pillow shams are ideal for pillows you’d like to use for decorative purposes. They can be tossed on top of your bed, over a living room or patio sofa or placed on the floor to create a comfortable seating area in your kid’s toy room.
Begin your search for the best cotton shams by looking for a brand that uses all-natural cotton that is free of any chemicals. The Brandream Vintage Farmhouse Quilted Cotton Sham is a good choice, as the pure cotton is 100% hypoallergenic and breathable. It’s safe for individuals who have allergies, as well as those who have sensitive skin.
Check the strength and durability of the cotton shams next. For example, the Pinzon by Amazon 400 Thread Count Egyptian Cotton Sham are made with a two-ply weave that keeps the sham from coming apart. It’s also outfitted with a 2-inch flange all the way around and has a practical envelope closure.
If you’re looking for a more luxurious cotton sham, go with the Beddingstar 600 Thread Count King Cotton Sham, which is made out of 100% Egyptian cotton. The material is super soft and resistant to wrinkles, stains and fading. In fact, the company uses an environmentally friendly dyeing technology that won’t irritate your skin.
Determine whether you’d like the cotton sham to come in a solid color with a smooth surface or in a decorative design. For example, the WINLIFE 100% Quilted Cotton Sham is quilted using a floral print. It adds a touch of style to any space and comes in a variety of colors.
Finally, take a closer look at what the cotton sham has to offer and how the company operates. You may prefer shams that are individually tailored and resistant to pilling, or you may wish to purchase shams from a company that donates a portion of their proceeds to further the education of the underprivileged.
The Cotton Sham Buying Guide
- Always check the size of the cotton shams and look at reviewers’ comments to determine if they run big or small. If they’re too small, they won’t fit your pillows. If they’re too large, you’ll have extra material around the pillow’s edges.
- Carefully read the cotton pillow sham’s cleaning instructions. Some are safe to wash and dry normally, while others must be machine washed using cold water and tumble dried using the low heat setting. In rare instances, you may even be instructed to hand wash and air-dry the shams.
- If your cotton sham has a stain, apply a gentle stain remover right away and then wash as instructed on the product packaging.
- Never use bleach or fabric softeners when washing your cotton shams.
- Keep in mind that the cotton shams do not come with the pillows. You must buy the pillows separately.
- When your cotton pillow shams begin to become a bit worn, you don’t have to throw them away. They can be repurposed and turned into a pet bed, a magazine holder, placemats or even an apron.
- When comparing the price of cotton shams, make sure you take into account just how many shams your getting for the total cost. Some offerings are for one sham only, while others provide a set of two. You’ll find the Beddingstar 600 Thread Count King Cotton Sham comes in as the most affordable of the bunch. The WINLIFE 100% Quilted Cotton Sham, the Pinzon by Amazon 400 Thread Count Egyptian Cotton Sham and the Brandream Vintage Farmhouse Quilted Cotton Sham are all similar in price and just a few dollars more than the Beddingstar.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide