Peter Pauper Press Blue Dragonfly Stationery Set, 30 Sheets
Last updated date: October 24, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Stationery Sets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Stationery you should buy.
In our analysis of 12 expert reviews, the Peter Pauper Press Peter Pauper Press Blue Dragonfly Stationery Set, 30 Sheets placed 8th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note January 22, 2020:
Checkout The Best Stationery for a detailed review of all the top stationery sets.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Banner Lifestyle image Blue Dragonflies Boxed Stationery Sheets Enjoy the fine art of letter writing with designer stationery sheets and matching envelopes Add flair to your personal correspondence Box Stationery Envelope Beautiful design Blue and amethyst dragonflies, flecked with gold foil, appear at the top of our crisp ivory stationery sheets. Delicate blue border is stamped with gold foil. Board box with clear acetate lid contains 30 letter sheets and 24 matching envelopes. Superior stationery sheets Write with confidence. Substantial smooth-finish writing sheets take a variety of pens beautifully. Fountain pens glide over the page. 24 matching envelopes Our dragonflies are replicated on the flaps of the matching ivory envelopes. Stationery envelopes are constructed of quality paper. Desk Beautiful stationery is a pleasure to use Versatile design is suitable for a variety of occasions Keep a box on hand for whenever a handwritten letter is warranted. Sheet size (5-3/4” wide x 7-3/4” high) allows you to write expansively. Exceptional value Premium boxed set features crisp, smooth-finish sheets and stationery envelopes constructed of quality paper. Stationery set comes in an attractive box suitable for gift-giving. Brighten their day Nothing is more personal than a handwritten letter. Stay in touch! About our Blue Dragonflies Letter-Perfect Stationery Sheets: Set comes with 30 designer letter sheets Includes 24 matching stationery envelopes Each sheet measures 5-3/4” wide x 7-3/4” high Stationery set comes in a sturdy matching box with a clear acetate lid Former headquarters Our Company History In 1928, at the age of twenty-two, Peter Beilenson began printing books on a small press in the basement of his parents’ home in Larchmont, New York. Peter—and later, his wife, Edna—sought to create fine books that sold at prices even a pauper could afford. Today, still family owned and operated, Peter Pauper Press continues to honor our founders’ legacy—and our customers’ expectations—of beauty, quality, and value. Image: Peter Pauper Press headquarters, circa 1948.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Stationery Sets
Keeping a set of stationery on hand is a good practice. Life gets busy, and birthdays and special events can creep up on you without warning. Instead of having to rush out to the nearest store to purchase a card, you can relax at home and simply grab one from your collection. As you shop for a stationery set that fits your personality, there are a few things you’ll want to watch for.
Look at the inside of the cards. Are you interested in a stationery set that has specific greetings inside, such as birthday wishes or a motivational message, or do you prefer a blank card? Blank cards are an excellent choice, as you can write your own heartfelt message that can be tailored to any specific occasion, such as a birthday, baby shower or engagement congratulations. Blank cards are also gender-neutral, so they can be gifted to anyone.
Decide whether you prefer the stationery to have a design on the front only, or an additional border along the inside of the card as well. For example, the Best Card Company Wildlife Painted Note Cards has attractive watercolor designs on the front and inside lining of each card. Of course, there is also the option of purchasing a set that is blank on the front. You may find a set with just a simple design along the top edge, like the Hallmark Blank Stationery Set.
“Paper weight is an important factor,” says artist and art educator Amy Markham. “The weight number refers to the weight of 500 sheets of that paper in size 17x22in. Many store-bought stationery sets will have note paper in the 24-32lb range. Cardstock weighs more, usually 50-110lbs. The best way to decide between weights is to hold the stationery and see how it feels.”
There are also companies on the market that follow environmentally-friendly practices when sourcing their paper. The Best Card Company Fun Puns Blank Note is one such company. They get their pulp from responsibly managed forests. They also only print on demand, eliminating any unwanted stationery sets from the market.
Finally, check to see if the stationery set comes with matching envelopes and a reusable storage box. While matching envelopes are quite standard, not all sets have a sturdy box for storing the cards safely in your home office.
DWYM Fun Fact
You may be interested to find out that the definition of stationery includes all of the items needed for writing, not just a card or fancy piece of paper. Here are a few additional fun facts about these handy home and office supplies:
- Pencils reign supreme over other writing instruments for several reasons. They can be used by astronauts in space because gravity does not affect their ability to write. Scuba divers could use them if they wanted to, as pencils can even write underwater. Also, just one pencil can draw a straight line that spans a space of 35 miles.
- The Post-It note was created by accident back in 1968 by Spencer Silver. While trying to make one type of adhesive, he actually created a soft adhesive that could be removed without leaving any sticky residue behind. Speaking of Post-It notes, did you know it would take 507,000,000 Post-It notes to make it all the way around the earth?
- Manufacturers can produce 80,000 pieces of paper from just one pine tree. That sounds like a lot; however, since individuals who work in an office handle approximately 10,000 pieces of paper per year, that’s only enough paper to keep eight office workers busy.
The Stationery Buying Guide
- Buy from a company that offers a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee. These companies value their customers and will correct any wrong.
- Check if the company is a member of the Greeting Card Association. This membership shows that the company is dedicated to making only top-quality stationery.
- “Think about the kind of pen you want to use on your stationery,” says Markham. “Some pens will show through lower paper weights and others will smudge easily on certain finishes.”
- Keep your stationery organized with an old shoebox or photo box. Add dividers for each special occasion, so that you can quickly pull out the type of card you need when the occasion arises. If you don’t have any dividers, you can easily make them out of cardstock.
- Always recycle stationery you no longer need. You can donate unused sets to a friend or local thrift shop. Used stationery can be sent to a special foundation. For example, St. Jude’s Ranch for Children has a Recycle Card Program that accepts your old cards.
- If the front of the greeting card appeals to you or has a special meaning because it was sent by someone you adore, you can frame it and hang it up.
- Stationery can be stored digitally as well. Collect your favorite cards and scan them into your computer. Create a file where you can keep these memories safe without having to find a place to store the physical cards. You may even wish to have a separate folder for each year, so you can quickly reference certain Christmases and birthdays.
- There are a ton of craft projects that use old stationery. You can make ornaments out of cards, garland for hanging from your fireplace, gift tags, photo mats and even a display piece for your dining room table by inserting a piece of stationery with a beautiful scene on the front inside a mason jar.
- As you examine the price for the stationery you like best, you’ll need to take into consideration how many cards come in each set, and how simple or sophisticated the design is. The Best Card Company Wildlife Painted Note Cards and the Best Card Company Fun Puns Blank Note are comparable in price because they contain a similar number of features. The SCStyle Retro Stationery Set have fewer cards than the Hallmark Blank Stationery Set, so it makes sense that they don’t cost as much.