People’s Choice Original Beef Jerky, 16-Ounce
Last updated date: February 16, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Beef Jerkies and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Beef Jerky you should buy.
Update as February 16, 2021:
Checkout The Best Beef Jerky for a detailed review of all the top beef jerkies.
If you're looking for an old fashioned beef jerky, this brand delivers. The jerky is hard and not chewy like other jerkies on the market. It's made using beef, water and natural spices, which means it can be enjoyed on a keto, gluten-free or sugar-free diet.
In our analysis of 10 expert reviews, the People's Choice Original Beef Jerky, 16-Ounce placed 4th when we looked at the top 20 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
DRY & TOUGH JERKY NOT FOR EVERYONE - We craft an authentic, old-fashioned style jerky. Thick cut and dried in whole strips, this jerky has a chewy, steak-like texture; not that soft stuff. Taste the real meat flavor in each bite. PERFECT SNACK FOR KETOGENIC, LOW CARB, PALEO, ATKINS, LCHF DIET - Each serving of our world famous jerky is Sugar Free (0g), Carb Free (0g), and High in Protein (16g). GUILT FREE SNACKING - This premium snack boasts No Nitrites or Nitrates, No MSG, No Preservatives, No Artificial Ingredients. We guarantee our jerky is 100% Gluten Free, Soy Free, and Nut Free. It's nothing more than Meat, Water, and Natural Spices. SMALL BATCH MADE IN THE USA - We are a family-owned and operated business, celebrating over 90 year and 4 generations of tradition in Los Angeles, CA. Just like your favorite homemade, delicious jerky the longer you chew the more flavor you enjoy. BUILT FOR AN ACTIVE LIFESTYLE - Natural energy perfect for on-the-go snacking while camping, hiking, body building, backpacking. Perfect grocery item for your pantry to keep the whole family happy. Stash some in your drawer as the best office snack.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Beef Jerkies
If you’re looking for a high-protein snack that’s savory, salty and brings just the right amount of chewiness, you’ll want to try beef jerky. Beef jerky is typically made from the leaner cuts of beef that tend to be a bit tough. The meat is cooked for a long time at a low heat. Beef sticks, which resemble skinny sausages, are higher in fat than beef jerky. Most beef snacks are fairly high in sodium, and some contain a preservative like nitrites.
Beef jerky and beef jerky sticks are a convenient snack for on the go. Many brands come individually packaged, so each piece of jerky is wrapped for freshness. This makes them perfect for taking to school or the office for lunch. You can also take these individually wrapped snacks when you’re going for a hike or going camping, as they are great for giving you a boost of energy and keeping you full thanks to the high amount of protein.
The Beef Jerky Buying Guide
- When you’re looking for the best beef snack for you, take taste and texture as two of the most important elements to consider. Many beef jerky sticks are on the spicier side, made with different kinds of peppers. Others have a distinct smoky flavor and smell. Some have a sweeter taste, with hints of brown sugar and garlic. You can even find beef jerkies that have complex fruit flavors. Consider what kinds of flavors you like best.
- Chewiness is a distinct characteristic of beef jerky. While they may seem tough to bite into because of the casing, they soften up as you chew them. Consider whether you prefer a softer or more textured feel. Different brands have different amounts of chewiness. The type of outer casing also affects how chewy the beef jerky sticks are.
- If you’re on a high-protein diet, some beef jerky types might work within your restrictions. Depending on the brand and specific nutritional information, beef sticks can work within the keto, Whole30, Paleo and gluten-free diets. Many products are also non-GMO.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide