Penom 40mm Clear Thin Apple Watch Screen Protector
Last updated date: November 12, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Apple Watch Screen Protectors and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Apple Watch Screen Protector you should buy.
Editor's Note March 10, 2021:
Checkout The Best Apple Watch Screen Protector for a detailed review of all the top apple watch screen protectors.
In our analysis, the Penom Penom 40mm Clear Thin Apple Watch Screen Protector placed 6th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Apple Watch Series 5/4 40mm Case: Fit for Apple Watch Series 5 40mm(2019) & Series 4 40mm (2018). Apple Watch Screen Protector 40mm Series 5: This Case with Built in screen protector covers the screen and curved edges for 360-degree full protection for your iwatch. It protects the screen and four sides stands a little, Scratch-proof, anti-collision. NO Gap, Bubble-Free. iWatch 40mm Screen Protector: Designed with Precise Cutouts for functional buttons and ports. Do not affected the band insertion or watch charging. It is very easy to use all ports, buttons without removing the case. Ultra-Slim, You nearly cannot tell the difference when this case is on your apple watch. Apple Watch 40mm Screen Protector. NOTICE: Please don’t wear the tempered glass or film screen protector with this case together. Or it will be very difficult to put on the case and even impact touch sensibility. Apple Watch 5 Case for 40mm: Include: 1 x Apple watch 40mm Case&1 x Dry Cloth&1 x Wet Wipe&12 Months Warranty, unconditionally refund or resend with any Quality Problems, life time friendly customer service.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Apple Watch Screen Protectors
Since you likely wear your Apple Watch throughout the day as you work and do everyday tasks, this comes with the downside that you could bump your wrist into something and scratch or crack the watch’s display. While the Apple Watch screen can withstand much daily wear, installing a screen protector can offer peace of mind and even save you money when you can avoid damage that leads to repairs.
A very common type of Apple Watch screen protector that you’ll find simply looks like a small rectangular piece of plastic or tempered glass with an adhesive on the back. This type will stick to your screen until it either gets loose from everyday wear or you remove it. You might opt for this style of protector when you want something minimalistic and don’t mind having the watch’s case stay exposed.
If you’re wanting to protect both the screen and case without needing to buy separate items, you can find all-in-one Apple Watch covers. These often have a hard or soft shell for the case and a built-in tempered glass screen or plastic screen protector. You’ll find that the screen protector doesn’t adhere to your watch like the standalone version does. So, this is a great option when you want something easily removable and reusable.
When shopping for either kind of screen protector for your Apple Watch, you’ll want to consider factors like the material, thinness, clarity and durability. Tempered glass offers higher durability than plastic, feels more like your watch’s display and usually allows for very high clarity. You often get features such as self-healing capabilities and fingerprint-resistance too. Plastic screen protectors may seem thinner but have a different feel and look than the tempered glass alternative does.
The Apple Watch Screen Protector Buying Guide
- Before buying any Apple Watch screen protector, check that you’ve found one that specifies and fits your watch’s screen size.
- If you have trouble with bubbles when you try to install an adhesive screen protector, make sure that you’ve followed the manufacturer’s instructions and used the wipes and stickers included with the kit. You’ll usually find a small squeegee that can help get rid of the remaining bubbles, or you can just try the process again with a new protector.
- For the best experience, avoid installing an Apple Watch screen protector in a dusty place.
- Some manufacturers of adhesive screen protectors recommend leaving the watch alone for up to 24 hours to give the protector time to get a strong attachment to the screen.
- While many all-in-one Apple Watch screen and case protectors don’t require you to remove the bands, check with the manufacturer first to avoid frustrations trying to get the protector on.
- You’ll find that many protectors come in sets of two to six so that you have a replacement handy in case you damage your screen protector. This also works great if you have multiple Apple Watches used in your family.
- When buying an all-in-one protector, you’ll want to make sure that the case part doesn’t interfere with your Apple Watch’s buttons and digital crown. Some cases leave these exposed for easier access, while others cover some buttons in the plastic where it can be harder to press them when you need to.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide