Pengo 4K HDMI Video Pass-Through Grabber
Last updated date: June 8, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as November 19, 2021:
Checkout The Best 4K UHD Video Pass Through for a detailed review of all the top .
In our analysis of 11 expert reviews, the Pengo 4K HDMI Video Pass-Through Grabber placed 3rd when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Supports 4K @ 60 fps 4:4:4 video pass-through HDMI output and captures 1080p60fps audio/video via USB 3.0 UVC, like XBox, PS4 (turn off HDCP), Switch, etc and connects to your USB 3.0 laptops and desktops. No driver needed but will require a third party capturing. DESIGNED IN TAIWAN. We do not support platforms that enables HDCP or plays copyright content such as SetTopBox, Netflix, Chromecast, Apple TV, BlueRay, DVD, etc etc. Will work if HDCP is turned off! OS SUPPORT: Windows 8 and above, Mac OS (10.13 and above) without driver via USB UVC. Driver needed for Windows 7 available on our website. Game capture made easy. Allowing you to capture your video while playing games at any OS. Supported softwares: OBS (more complicated set up process), XSplit, vMix, VLC, QuickTime, etc. Please make sure to read and set up carefully with third party softwares. Some might be more complicated than others. Easy set up guide available on our website. OUTPUT RESOLUTION: Up to 3840x2160p @ 60 Hz via HDMI. Up to 1080p @ 60 Hz via USB. Audio Input: HDMI, 16-bit PCM encoded audio at 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 96kHz, and 192kHz sampling rates INPUT RESOLUTION: 640 x 480p, 60Hz / 1280 x 720p, 30Hz, 50Hz, 60Hz / 1920 x 1080p, 24Hz, 25Hz, 30Hz, 50Hz, 60Hz / 3840 x 2160p, 24Hz, 25Hz, 30Hz, 50Hz, 60Hz. Video Sampling: 4:4:4 format. Output Color Space: YUY2 (4:2:2), RGB (4:4:4) MJPG. We do not support 1080i or 720i. SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS: CPU: i5 Dual Core 2.8GHz or higher. RAM: 4GB or higher. OS: Windows (8 and above), Mac OS (10.13 and above). Includes a USB-A to USB-A Cable to conntect to your computer. HDMI Cable not included. USB 3.0 YUY2 is recommended over USB 2.0 as USB 2.0 has bandwidth restrictions and MJPEG is a compressed data.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
Watching TV with high quality video and sound is an elevated experience that differs considerably from the low quality options available. With the right visuals and audio, you can feel like you’re sitting in a movie theater or immersed in an interactive game. Fuzzy signals, however, can ruin the experience and make it feel like your technology is decades behind where it should be.
A 4K or UHD video pass through is a tech gadget that enables you to pass data through the system without losing any quality. As a result, you can send audio and visual signals from other devices, through the pass through, on to you 4K TV or 4K projector, all without losing any 4K resolution. With a 4K UHD video pass through, the signal can come from the source component to the TV without any alteration. This means that the signals enter and exit with the same quality.
Why should you use a 4K UHD video pass through in the first place? If you want to attach more than one or two devices to your TV, projector or computer, you will need a pass through unless you want to constantly have to deal with unplugging and plugging in devices. Most TVs only come with a few inputs, but you may have several devices you want to connect, such as a DVD player, game console and speaker. If you have 4K or UHD compatible devices, then you will want to make sure that their signal remains that quality while passing through to your TV.
If you’re interested in upscaling your signals, some pass throughs have this feature as well. They have the ability to take lower resolution data and upscale it into 4K UHD signals. This way, you might not need to purchase new devices as long as you have a 4K UHD TV or projector and a 4K upscaling feature on your pass through.
The most important thing to look for when you’re getting a 4K UHD video pass through is compatibility. The audio and video quality of the pass through needs to match your TV or projector. Some pass throughs support multiple resolutions and audio quality, so be sure to check the specs carefully.
The Buying Guide
- Take a look at how many input ports you will need on the 4K UHD video pass through versus how many you already have on the TV or projector. In many cases, the TV or projector will only have one or two ports, which you can use to connect the pass through. The remaining devices will need to be connected to the pass through instead of directly into the TV.
- Many 4K UHD video pass throughs are manual, which means that in order to switch from one device to another in the pass through, you have to press a button. In some cases, the buttons are directly on the pass through itself and you just have to press which input you want to activate. In other cases, the pass through comes with a remote that lets you select which input to use. If you’re going for the ultimate convenience and want to avoid getting up off the couch every time you want to activate a different input, then go with a pass through that comes with a remote.
- Keep in mind that a pass through, an HDMI switch and an HDMI splitter are not the same thing, though they do have similar jobs. An HDMI switch is used to connect multiple devices to a single device using HDMI ports. Some HDMI switches have 4K UHD compatibility, but others do not. If you want to use an HDMI switch with your 4K TV, then you’ll need to make sure it can handle a 4K signal. An HDMI splitter is like an HDMI switch, but it only has one input and multiple outputs.
- Not sure what kinds of devices you can use with a 4K UHD video pass through? It all depends on the type of pass through you have, but some options include cable boxes, DVD or Blu-ray players, gaming consoles, cameras, laptops and tablets.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide