PELONIS PFT40A4AGB Quiet Cooling Electric Oscillating Stand Up Tower Fan
Last updated date: May 21, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Tower Fans and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Tower Fan you should buy.
Thanks to its ability to oscillate, everyone standing within a 90-degree angle of the fan will stay nice and cool. The fan comes with a remote, which means you can change the fan's speed while sitting on the sofa or in an office chair. If you want the fan to shut off automatically after a certain period of time, you can set the 15-hour programmable timer. In our analysis of 100 expert reviews, the PELONIS PELONIS Electric Oscillating Stand Up Tower Fan placed 3rd when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note May 21, 2020:
Checkout The Best Tower Fan for a detailed review of all the top tower fans.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
40 Inch Tower Fan for Whole Room Cooling Needs Pelonis 2020 new design tower fan features 3 wind modes and 3 speeds setting offers you the right air flow to satisfy your need, delivers wide range of cooling air supply. The innovative and ultra-wide tower energy-saving cooling element can give out air flow in large area. Perfect for bedroom, living room and office. Designed for Multiple Indoor Use, the 40-inch with Features: 3 Wind modes: Normal / Natural / Sleep 3 Speeds: High / Mid /Low 15 Hours Timer 90° Oscillation Feature 6-Meters Effective Range Remote Control Product Specifications: Maximum Energy Usage: 1500 Watts Dimension: 11. 8 (L)* 11. 8 (W)*40 (H) inch Gross Weight: 8. 16 lb MAX NOISE: 65 dB Package including: 1 * 40-Inch Tower Fan 1 * User manual 1 * Remote Control (Battery Not Included) Warm Prompt The warning on the package box was required by California Proposition 65. This Pelonis tower fan is ETL certificated and all the materials we used are safe.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Tower Fans
Floor fans used to not only be unsightly, but also space-consuming. With the advent of tower fans, though, consumers now have the best of both worlds. You can slip a tower fan into a corner and cool a decently sized area without it being all that noticeable.
But not all tower fans are the same. The most important feature is how effective your fan is at cooling, but there are a variety of factors that determine that. Some fans have integrated thermostats designed to keep an area at a specific temperature, while others only give you various settings options. With a remote, the latter isn’t all that inconvenient since they let you change how the fan reacts without having to walk over to the unit.
Like tabletop and floor versions, tower fans usually are best when they oscillate, distributing the air across an area rather than blasting you steadily. But oscillation can take up additional room. If that’s a concern, consider a tower fan that oscillates internally, meaning the exterior of the unit stays steady.
Bladeless fans have become increasingly popular in recent years, providing the same airflow without putting your family’s safety at risk. Bladeless tower fans are also easier to clean, so keep that in mind while you’re deciding between a bladeless and a bladed fan.
A bonus feature of some tower fans is an air ionizer, which not only keeps you cool but purifies the air as it works. This feature doesn’t make the fan that much more expensive, and it can save you the money you would have spent on a separate air ionizer.
One major deciding factor when searching for a tower fan is cost. Many fans are affordable, but you will find some tower fans that are much more expensive. You’ll get additional features for that cost, but only you can decide whether those items are important enough to shell out hundreds of extra dollars.
DWYM Fun Fact
Air is the key to how a bladeless fan works. It may seem like nothing is happening in the area where the blades would normally be, but air is moving along that tube you see. A brushless electric motor in the pedestal of the fan pulls air in, then pushes it through the tube, where it moves until it reaches a slit. That’s where the air rushes out, providing the breeze you’d get if you stood directly in front of the fan. The slits are actually in the back of the fan, but using the laws of physics, these fans can multiply the air coming out of the back before it’s pushed to the front, where you benefit from it.
The Tower Fan Buying Guide
- If you prefer a fan that allows you to “set it and forget it,” consider the Honeywell Quiet Set Whole Room Tower Fan. You choose from eight different cooling options that keep your area at the desired temperature. These settings are power cool, cool, refresh, relax, white noise, calm, whisper and sleep. Most other fans operate on a three-speed setup, which is nice, but doesn’t give you as much control as the Honeywell.
- Although you may not think about it when you’re looking simply at cooling power, the Lasko T42950 Fresh Air Ionizer Wind Curve Tower Fan packs in special air ionizer technology that keeps your air pure by removing dust from your immediate surroundings.
- Traditional fans can be dangerous for a variety of reasons. But bladeless fans keep little fingers safe. However, you don’t have to spend more to get that safety. Even though the Lasko T42950 Fresh Air Ionizer Wind Curve Tower Fan isn’t bladeless, the cage is built so that even small fingers can’t get past it.
- While the Honeywell Quiet Set Whole Room Tower Fan and Lasko T42950 Fresh Air Ionizer Wind Curve Tower Fan oscillate, there are tower fans that actually oscillate internally, which means the external housing doesn’t move.
- One quick decider as you’re shopping will likely be price. No matter what features you’re looking for in a fan, you’re sure to find one that fits your budget.