PEDIGREE Adult Complete Nutrition Dry Dog Food
Last updated date: November 2, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Dry Dog Food and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Dry Dog Food you should buy.
Update as November 2, 2022:
Checkout The Best Dry Dog Food for a detailed review of all the top dry dog food.
Tantalize your dog's taste buds with this flavorful dry dog food. Not only will your dog enjoy a grilled steak and vegetable dinner when you opt for this bag, but he'll also get the antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals he needs to stay healthy and strong.
In our analysis of 121 expert reviews, the PEDIGREE Adult Complete Nutrition Dry Dog Food placed 3rd when we looked at the top 24 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Contains one (1) 33 lb. bag of PEDIGREE Complete Nutrition Adult Dry Dog Food, Grilled Steak & Vegetable Flavor. This dry food recipe helps maintain a healthy lifestyle with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, in the delicious, meaty steak flavor dogs love. Provides whole grains and helps support healthy digestion. Delivers complete and balanced nutrition enriched with omega-6 fatty acids to help nourish your dog’s skin and coat. Made in the USA with the World’s Finest Ingredients. PEDIGREE Complete Nutrition Adult Dry Dog Food is made with no high fructose corn syrup, no artificial flavors, and no added sugar.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Dry Dog Food
Dogs are like members of our families, so of course, we want to keep them as healthy and happy as possible. The foundation for that is proper nutrition. A consistent, high-quality diet is the key to keeping your dog looking and feeling great. Feeding your dog the best dog food will keep them functioning at their best and can ward off chronic diseases, leading to a longer life. Dry dog food is very common and convenient, as it does not require refrigeration.
There’s a ton of different types of dry dog food out there, so the choices can be overwhelming. You should look for dog food that is labeled as “complete and balanced,” which means the food contains the minimum amount of all the nutrients necessary for dogs. This standard is regulated by the Association of American Feed Control Officials. Keep in mind that buzzwords like “premium” and “immune supporting” are not regulated and should not carry much weight in your choice.
Just as with human food, you want to make sure your dog is eating a diet with real, whole foods and one that is free from artificial preservatives and additives. Make sure your dog’s food contains a high-quality animal protein source, like lamb, chicken or turkey. Leading brands contain multiple protein sources, including chicken, turkey, flounder and egg.
Many veterinarians recommend avoiding dog food that contains grains like corn, wheat and soy, as dogs do not need these starches. Although many healthy dog foods contain carbohydrates in the form of fruit and vegetables, brands like Taste of the Wild tout their grain-free recipe.
Other healthy ingredients include probiotics, which benefit the intestinal and immune systems, and minerals. Minerals should be chelated or proteinated for maximum absorption.
Some dogs need special diets, and diets should be adjusted for puppies and senior dogs. The right dog food for your pet will meet all of their needs and come at an affordable price.
The Dry Dog Food Buying Guide
- Make sure to feed your dog the proper amount. Overfeeding your dog ups their risk of obesity and associated health problems. There are some formulas to determine how much you should be feeding your dog depending on their size and breed, and your veterinarian can also provide you with guidance.
- Puppies need small, frequent meals, while adult dogs can eat just one to two meals per day. Some dogs are grazers, meaning that they will eat small amounts throughout the day, but many more will eat all the food that is given to them at a time, which is why it’s important not to overfeed them.
- Price is an important factor in dog food, as it’s one of the major ongoing expenses associated with being a pet owner. A higher price tag does not necessarily translate to a superior product.
- To keep your dog’s food fresh, make sure it is sealed. Some brands come with resealable tops, or you can put it in an airtight container, preferably made of glass or stainless steel. Make sure you keep your dog food in a cool, dry place. Moisture and heat can compromise the food’s safety and quality.
- Just like human food, dog food has an expiration date. Dry dog food is generally good for one year. Never give your dog food that smells or looks spoiled.
- It’s important that the food you choose is a good fit for your dog. If your dog rejects a food or it makes them sick, it may not be the optimal choice for them. Consult with your veterinarian to find the type of food that’s best for your pet.
- Make sure you wash the bowls your dog eats and drinks from regularly, ideally every day. Once a week, they should be sanitized with a bleach solution. Stainless steel bowls are the easiest to keep clean.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide