Paul Hewitt Conceptual Physics
Last updated date: October 25, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Physics & Physical Science Textbooks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Physics & Physical Science Textbook you should buy.
Update as November 11, 2021:
Checkout The Best Physics & Physical Science Textbook for a detailed review of all the top physics & physical science textbooks.
In our analysis, the Paul Hewitt Paul Hewitt Conceptual Physics placed 6th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Conceptual Physics with MasteringPhysics ®, Twelfth Edition Paul Hewitt integrates a compelling text and the most advanced media to make physics interesting, understandable, and relevant for non-science majors. The Twelfth Edition will delight you with informative and fun Hewitt-Drew-It screencasts, updated content, applications, and new learning activities in MasteringPhysics. Hewitt’s text is guided by the principle of “concepts before calculations” is famous for engaging students with analogies and imagery from the real-world that build a strong conceptual understanding of physical principles ranging from classical mechanics to modern physics.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Physics & Physical Science Textbooks
Science is an important part of education, starting in elementary school and going all the way through graduate school. Some students will choose majors that require an intensive study of science, while others will only require a basic course or two to get the foundational concepts down before completing an unrelated degree.
Physical science has four major branches: astronomy, physics, chemistry and the Earth sciences. The Earth sciences include meteorology and geology. In elementary and middle school, students likely get a low-level overview across the spectrum, but as they progress through high school, they can niche down into specialized classes like chemistry and physics.
For teachers who have the freedom to choose the textbooks they use, it’s important to find a book that covers all the topics in an engaging but informative way. Some textbooks come at science from a conceptual problem-solving standpoint, while others emphasize quantitative analysis. You may find some textbooks present multiple approaches, which can help students learn about the different ways of looking at things.
Parents might be interested in purchasing educational materials that can help their children excel in science class. You can find textbooks and workbooks that supplement what your kids are learning in school with fun workbooks and exercises, so students can more easily retain the information they’re learning. It may even motivate them to pursue science as a college major and career.
The Physics & Physical Science Textbook Buying Guide
- What students need to learn about science can vary dramatically from one year to the next. Make sure the textbook you choose is appropriate for the grade level. Some are better for elementary or middle school students while others are more for college-age students.
- Many students won’t need a high-level physical science textbook. If they’ll simply be taking basic science courses toward a degree, a science text designed specifically for an overview of all the areas could be sufficient.
- Teachers likely will want to customize the approach they take in teaching the sciences. State standards could also affect lesson plans. With a more robust science textbook, you can pick and choose the chapters you want to emphasize to customize the learning experience for your classroom.
- You can buy textbooks used or rent them. If e-books aren’t an option, though, make sure the textbook you’re buying is in decent condition. Used textbooks can save you money, but some go through rigorous use before they’re resold.
- It’s a small thing, but pictures and illustrations can make a big difference in a textbook. Pages of text that aren’t broken up tend to become dull after a while, making for difficult reading. If you can find a textbook that combines text with pictures, you might find it’s more engaging, especially for younger minds.
- Some science textbooks have puzzles and interactive exercises that go beyond teaching science. These problem-solving challenges may be related to science on the surface, but they also can help students build problem-solving skills that pay off later in life.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide